Shepton Mallet Show

Guest Tracker

Guest Tracker

We missed the Malvern bash due to the weather and a garden in need of some tlc so we hope now to go to the Shepton show - anyone else going?

We do quite enjoy these shows as the cost for the weekend is not unreasonable and we always talk to lots of people and invariably learn something new that we did not know.

A show is about the only time our van ever stays on site for more than just overnight!

Hi Richard. We'll be there on the Saturday and Sunday before moving on to Pickering. Always been our favourite venue with re. to motorhome shows over the years and usually the starting point of our last tour of the summer (apart from the odd weekend) where we have a week or two around Devon and Cornwall.

Don't know where we will be parked up, but will keep an eye out for you and Dot.

Not going there on your honeymoon are you Rich?.

Guest Tracker

No Howie not our honeymoon as these usually follow the wedding not precede it - unless you know different!

Honeymoon will be in Scotland and we are slumming it in a posh place so no van for a few days - oh dear - hope I don't get withdrawal symptoms - and no Howie that is not an invite for you to be rude!

May see you at Shepton then - we'll be in our Autotrail Tracker WA06KOW - not too hard to find as there will only be a few vans there!

Was'nt to sure when you were getting married Richard and thought you might be using this opportunity to both honeymoon and take in the Shepton show at the same time.

Must say this stay at a 'posh place' in Scotland shows a generous and romantic side to your character that really does you credit, and the perfect start to a long and happy future for you and Dot.

'Withdrawal symtoms' Richard!. Obviously a ref. to missing your van, and entirely innappropriate for someone of your advanced years, and just a little disappointed you think I would stoop to any such vulgar innuendoes.

Looking forward to the show and will keep my eye open for your van. Only a clock and chrome trims for the van on our list at the moment but you never know what will catch the eye.

Only cloud on the horizon (no pun) is the weather. Looking at the long range forecast does,nt bode well, but rain or shine, we'll be there.

Guest Tracker

The show camping area opens at noon on Thursday and the cost of £30 for four nights (leave by noon Monday) is, in my view, reasonable for what has always been in the past quite a good show.

If the weather holds dryish it should be OK underfoot - time will tell!

Any one else coming?

Hi all me and Polly are going. Word to the wise bring your wellies we are close by at the moment and it is p..ing down. but when did a spot of rain stop real motormomers. we will be in Archie but not booked in so dont know where. White Hymer 694 reg R642 CHE. hope to see you there

Mick.

We are in Autotrail Tracker WA06KOW (aka 'the kowshed') and expect to be there Thursday pm sometime - complete with Rosie the lunatic border collie!

Anyone else care to post their name rank and number for identification and interrogation purposes!

All visitors made welcome and given a sit down, guided tour of the van (if requested) and a cuppa summat or other!

With my little pick and shovel i'll be there, and the weather for the weekend does'nt look to bad either.

Can't remember the last time we had bad weather at Shepton as most of you will agree, and another scorcher this time all the way through to Pickering. :-S

Tracker - 2008-09-10 11:09 AM

We are in Autotrail Tracker WA06KOW (aka 'the kowshed') and expect to be there Thursday pm sometime - complete with Rosie the lunatic border collie!

Anyone else care to post their name rank and number for identification and interrogation purposes!

All visitors made welcome and given a sit down, guided tour of the van (if requested) and a cuppa summat or other!

Hi Tracker are you on Wireless internet if so will try and find out where you are parked tomorrow. This goes for anybody else who is live at the show.Safe journey to all hope to meet up over the weekend.

Mick

Macmillan nurse just been to see dad, so doubt I can get to Shepton :-( :-( I hope you all have a wonderful time - I am sooooo disappointed. but will hopefully see some of you at Pickering. I am keeping fingers crossed for you to have good weather. Hugs.

ROON - 2008-09-11 10:49 AM

Macmillan nurse just been to see dad, so doubt I can get to Shepton :-( :-( I hope you all have a wonderful time - I am sooooo disappointed. but will hopefully see some of you at Pickering. I am keeping fingers crossed for you to have good weather. Hugs.

Hi Roon sorry to miss you at Shepton, Hope nothing too sad going on there, All our regards, Polly & Mick

Archived