Shes so Priti

CurtainRaiser

jumpstart - 2021-01-16 2:36 PM

That explains that she is accountable and has to explain it to parliament and maybe take take the fall ,though unlikely with this government but I can't see why it's her fault , as i said.

As Home Secretary ultimately it's her responsibility as it's occurred on her watch. "The buck stops here" as Truman once said but ministers of this government don't follow that and each time anything goes wrong they find a lesser mortal to throw under the bus.

jumpstart - 2021-01-16 2:36 PM

That explains that she is accountable and has to explain it to parliament and maybe take take the fall ,though unlikely with this government but I can't see why it's her fault , as i said.

Agreed.

I'm no fan of hers but this is clearly the responsibility of someone further down the food chain.

Surely it should not be possible to " accidentally " wipe such important records. Dumping such info should need the go-ahead from at least two or three people at management level.

There is clearly something wrong with the controls.

It IS up to Priti Patel to sort it.

:-|

Yes, but I agree with John. As HS she is accountable for the error, but it seems unlikely in the extreme that she had any direct involvement in, or in instructing or sanctioning, the deletions. Besides which, the details as to how the deletions came about are still unclear.

Although I can see a potential legal problem with this material, I thought the first law of computing was to always have a back-up? From what has been said so far, it seems there can't have been one - or if there was, it was set up to simultaneously delete material deleted from the main drives, which seems odd.

The issue occurred during routine maintenance of the Police National Computer this week.

The policing minister explained: "Unfortunately down to human error, some defective code was introduced as part of that routine maintenance earlier this week and that's resulted in a deletion of some records and that's currently under investigation.

This is an enormous error on the part of the company doing the maintenance.

jumpstart - 2021-01-16 5:53 PM

But it doesn't really make sense. There should be a daily backup and weekly backups accumulated over say a month.

You cant just loose everything in this way.

LOL! "Should" being the operative word. Probably the same IT team that thought you could run millions of track and trace records through an Excel spreadsheet without it running out of space! (lol)

Cruella wont take any flack for this. Johnsons bumbling actions have killed tens of thousands of people and he's still sat in number 10. This lot are untouchable.

Archived