Sinister plans.

jumpstart

jumpstart - 2021-03-03 5:07 PM

Is this really sinister....

The Guardian: Unions attack 'sinister' plan to force NHS staff to have Covid vaccine.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/mar/03/unions-attack-sinister-plan-to-force-nhs-staff-to-have-covid-vaccine

I agree with the view expressed by the general secretary. She's right and even the BMA have spoken out about it.

jumpstart - 2021-03-03 5:59 PM

So do you think it ok for Hospital or other NHS staff who meet the public and could have a easily transmittable virus not to be vaccinated against it?

It's their body, not mine and neither is it the states. As the BMA said, it would have ethical and legal implications.

Bulletguy - 2021-03-03 7:35 PM

So do you think it ok for Hospital or other NHS staff who meet the public and could have a easily transmittable virus not to be vaccinated against it?

It's their body, not mine and neither is it the states. As the BMA said, it would have ethical and legal implications.

Certainly has...if i had a relative who died due to infection from staff who couldn't be bothered to get inoculated i would look to sue the Hospital.

jumpstart - 2021-03-03 9:17 PM

Certainly has...if i had a relative who died due to infection from staff who couldn't be bothered to get inoculated i would look to sue the Hospital.

The law states existing employees cannot be forced to take the vaccine. Nor can they be discriminated against, shifts withheld or sacked. Although being vaccinated can be a prerequisite for new employees.

So as the hospital are operating within the law you wouldn't even get to court.

And when they told you your relative had contributed to their death by poor dietary control, that they were old fatties, you'd naturally agree......wouldn't you? ;-)

CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-03 10:11 PM

The law states existing employees cannot be forced to take the vaccine. Nor can they be discriminated against, shifts withheld or sacked. Although being vaccinated can be a prerequisite for new employees.

Seems you could be wrong....

An employer cannot compel you to be vaccinated if you do not wish to be so. However, it may be within their rights – depending on the circumstances – to take action if you are not going to be vaccinated and they think there are good reasons why you should be.

For example, this would particularly apply to those working in healthcare or care home settings. In some circumstances, employees could in fact be dismissed for refusing the vaccination if it means they will present a threat to themselves, patients or service users.

Bulletguy - 2021-03-03 10:36 PM

And when they told you your relative had contributed to their death by poor dietary control, that they were old fatties, you'd naturally agree......wouldn't you? ;-)

You are forgetting Genetics.

jumpstart - 2021-03-04 7:50 AM

An employer cannot compel you to be vaccinated if you do not wish to be so. However, it may be within their rights – depending on the circumstances – to take action if you are not going to be vaccinated and they think there are good reasons why you should be.

For example, this would particularly apply to those working in healthcare or care home settings. In some circumstances, employees could in fact be dismissed for refusing the vaccination if it means they will present a threat to themselves, patients or service users.

Seems like I might not be when you take the quote in context.

http://www.nelsonslaw.co.uk/employer-covid-19-vaccine/

jumpstart - 2021-03-04 7:51 AM

Bulletguy - 2021-03-03 10:36 PM

You are forgetting Genetics.

No, I was using your logic against you and see from your deflection you're uncomfortable with it.

My point is ..its likely more than one thing. Just being overweight doesn't necessarily mean you will die but it does mean you are in the most at risk group.Along with Dementia and Diabetes.All of these affect your immune system.It could of coarse be Genetics. You can benefit your immune system with diet and exercise. Beneficial Gut bacteria is crucial to your immune system. So there are multiple parts to surviving Covid.

The death rate from COVID-19 is about 10 times higher in countries where half or more of the population is overweight, according to a report by the World Obesity Federation.

The report released on Wednesday titled COVID-19 and Obesity: The 2021 Atlas has shown that being overweight is a “highly significant predictor” of developing complications from contracting COVID-19 such as hospitalisation, intensive care and mechanical ventilation, as well as being a “predictor of death” from the disease.

So..unhealthy, overweight people, who would by default, have a poor diet ( which may well have resulted in further underlying health issues?), do less well against Covid than people who are healthy,are not overweight, (and due to their healthier diet are less likely to have "underlying" health issues)?

Who knew eh?

I do hope the relevant authorities are notified of these findings.? :-S

CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-04 8:13 AM

They should be able to enforce the building trade requirements on safety. " No helmet no boots no jacket no job"

teflon2 - 2021-03-05 7:13 PM

They should be able to enforce the building trade requirements on safety. " No helmet no boots no jacket no job"

They can, but they will need to change current employment law. You can't be a surgeon without a hepatitis jab but that was included by introducing it as a contract requirement and over time it became the norm.

Guest pelmetman
teflon2 - 2021-03-05 7:13 PM

That reminds me of when I used to do show house work :D ..........

I had to wear steel toecapped boots, high viz jacket, hard hat to fit .........Curtains 8-) ..........

Archived