Snakey is no different to......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

His acolytes on here *-) ..........

"For over 18 months, I have studied Sir Keir Starmer at close quarters and have reached the opinion he is an unconscionable bore."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/henry-deedes-sees-keir-starmer-bore-at-pmqs/ar-AARmGxq

I confess I struggle sometimes to decide who is the most tedious of LOSER bores :-| ........

pelmetman - 2021-12-02 7:59 PM

"For over 18 months, I have studied Sir Keir Starmer at close quarters and have reached the opinion he is an unconscionable bore."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/henry-deedes-sees-keir-starmer-bore-at-pmqs/ar-AARmGxq

I confess I struggle sometimes to decide who is the most tedious of LOSER bores :-| ........

So, it seems that Henry Deedes is much nicer about Keir Starmer than he is about Boris Johnson.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-12-02 8:16 PM

So, it seems that Henry Deedes is much nicer about Keir Starmer than he is about Boris Johnson.

Or maybe he can tell the truth again now that LOSER Geordie Greig is no longer his paymaster? ;-) .........

Sadly, he's right. Starmer lacks charisma, and also lacks the political killer instinct. With his opponent on the ropes, he just won't go for the knock-out!

Maybe he just doesn't yet want to become PM. Earnest, honest, and serious yes, but hardly game changing materiel.

However, being, in the opinion of Henry Deedes, a bore, is hardly the worst condemnation he could suffer. He seems to be a bit of a chip off the Johnson block, full of journalistic flourishes, but never done a proper job.

Still, on the flip side, what the (just!) 43 year old Deedes really seems to be saying is "when will the Labour party get themselves a leader who can knock Johnson off his perch"? It's almost as though the relishes that prospect. So maybe he also thinks it is time for someone of stature to be PM, in place of the seriously flawed individual we presently, er, labour under?

After all, which would you really prefer: boring, reliable, competent, safe hands, or an unreliable, flamboyant, bullish, incompetent? Tricky, isn't it? :-D

I have studied Sir Keir Starmer at close quarters and have reached the opinion he is an unconscionable bore."

Could be worse

Could be Johnson *-)

In the Financial World being called a bore is a compliment.

No Lies, No Skeletons in the Cupboard.

Honest & Sound business, Steady Safe Reliable Regular Dividends = Boring. :-D

Like the tortoise wins the race and beats the hare - Safely.

I'd rather have boring than the Lies, Broken Promises, Scandals, Crashes, Deaths, Disasters, Evictions and Bankruptcies that we're getting from Johnson

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-03 11:54 AM

......However, being, in the opinion of Henry Deedes, a bore, is hardly the worst condemnation he could suffer. He seems to be a bit of a chip off the Johnson block, full of journalistic flourishes, but never done a proper job.

I'm surprised Brian. You seem to have overlooked the fact Starmer is a qualified barrister and went on to become DPP at the CPS, so when it comes to actual meaningful work as in "a proper job", idler Johnson comes nowhere remotely close.

Johnson is a con merchant whose bluffed and lied his way through life relying on "old school tie" connections to give him a job. With his atrocious record anyone else would have found themselves unemployable.

Angela Rayner worries the Tories and not afraid to call them out for what they really are.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-12-03 11:54 AM

Sadly, he's right. Starmer lacks charisma, and also lacks the political killer instinct. With his opponent on the ropes, he just won't go for the knock-out!

Maybe he just doesn't yet want to become PM. Earnest, honest, and serious yes, but hardly game changing materiel.

However, being, in the opinion of Henry Deedes, a bore, is hardly the worst condemnation he could suffer. He seems to be a bit of a chip off the Johnson block, full of journalistic flourishes, but never done a proper job.

Still, on the flip side, what the (just!) 43 year old Deedes really seems to be saying is "when will the Labour party get themselves a leader who can knock Johnson off his perch"? It's almost as though the relishes that prospect. So maybe he also thinks it is time for someone of stature to be PM, in place of the seriously flawed individual we presently, er, labour under?

After all, which would you really prefer: boring, reliable, competent, safe hands, or an unreliable, flamboyant, bullish, incompetent? Tricky, isn't it? :-D

You Whiners forget........... Boris is a Winner ;-) .........

P1010899.JPG.44b2e0ca34128c499e5e316f8d571001.JPG

pelmetman - 2021-12-03 7:35 PM

Because he sends us your money to buy the crackheads votes to win and maintain his empire at your expense.

Have you realised who the LOSER is yet (lol)

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-04 1:12 PM

pelmetman - 2021-12-03 7:35 PM........................

That's what Cameron thought he was, until he wasn't! Don't hold yer breath!! (lol) (lol)

I'm afraid to say that I have to agree with Dave, at the moment.

Current score in Westminster :

Boris Johnson 5 - Honesty and integrity in Parliament 0

:-(

malc d - 2021-12-04 4:04 PM

That's what Cameron thought he was, until he wasn't! Don't hold yer breath!! (lol) (lol)

Thatcher was once there and her fall from grace was swift and spectacular, not to mention her own that brought her down in the end. She was possibly the most reviled PM in history but I think that accolade now goes to Johnson......and he doesn't even work.

The people of Liverpool sussed the con-merchant and don't mince their words either!

It's worth remembering his former leader, Michael Howard, ordered Johnson to publicly apologise in person to the people of Liverpool after writing crass comments in The Spectator about Ken Bigley, so Liverpudlians view Johnson for the scumbag he is.

Bulletguy - 2021-12-04 6:50 PM

Thatcher was once there and her fall from grace was swift and spectacular, not to mention her own that brought her down in the end. She was possibly the most reviled PM in history but I think that accolade now goes to Johnson....

" The most reviled PM in history " ????

I've seen no evidence of that - most of the people that I spoken to just think he's a joke.

p.s. Maybe I just don't meet enough people these days.

malc d - 2021-12-04 8:28 PM

Thatcher was once there and her fall from grace was swift and spectacular, not to mention her own that brought her down in the end. She was possibly the most reviled PM in history but I think that accolade now goes to Johnson....

I've seen no evidence of that - most of the people that I spoken to just think he's a joke.

I've seen and heard that comparison more than a few times Malc and Johnson is going to fall a lot lot harder than Thatcher because of his arrogance which has led him to feel he's untouchable.

Johnson may be winning because the pelmetheads have given him a thumping great majority, but Honesty and integrity in Parliament 0 is a bit harsh

Johnson's attempt to rip up Parliamentary Standards was thwarted because none of the opposition paries (and a few brave Tories) would have anything to do with it. Like Angela Richardson sacked, and reinstated.

Wasn't that Honesty & Integrity?

Johnson didn't win that one did he?

Where would we be now if they were all as bent as Johnson?

Guest pelmetman

Or maybe the Gobby LOSER Brigade are drowning out the silent majority? ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-12-05 8:47 AM

Or maybe the Gobby LOSER Brigade are drowning out the silent majority? ;-) ..........

The " silent majority " may be too embarrassed to admit they support Johnson.

You, yourself, very rarely defend Johnson - when he is criticised you answer by attacking someone else.

I've seen no evidence of that - most of the people that I spoken to just think he's a joke. :-|

Could be, Dave, could be, but maybe that's because they really think he's the second most reviled PM in history.

Bias is impossible to eliminate, but the judgements being advanced on here show very clear political bias when compared to the (supposedly - but are there really any?) more balanced sources here: https://tinyurl.com/bddjn8kh It's too early to judge Johnson, really, but have a look in any case for various views on who was best, and who worst.

Seems Eden (by a country mile), Brown and Cameron get the majority of the brickbats, while Thatcher, Attlee, and Churchill emerge as most popular - depending, of course, on who you ask. :-D It's a good game, and allows you to see where your own views place you on the political spectrum. Enjoy!! :-D

We know you are bad at maths but when did 43% become a majority?

Imagine Starmer had not opposed Johnson's attempt to abolish the standards commission.

Where would we be now?

Think about it 8-)

SNP and Liberals couldn't have stopped Johnson without Starmer.

We came that close to having no parliamentary standards at all - did your MP vote against it?

Or was he one of thre overwhelming majority of Tory MPs who voted for sleaze because Johnson told them to.

So why is this thread slagging off Starmer and not Johnson?

John52 - 2021-12-05 1:45 PM

Imagine Starmer had not opposed Johnson's attempt to abolish the standards commission.

Where would we be now?

Think about it 8-)

SNP and Liberals couldn't have stopped Johnson without Starmer.

We came that close to having no parliamentary standards at all - did your MP vote against it?

Or was he one of thre overwhelming majority of Tory MPs who voted for sleaze because Johnson told them to.

I think that last bit should be why is there still one person left on this forum that is Slagging off Starmer and not Johnson? The answer is perfectly simple, because he is an idiot.

My MP voted for it but she has come in for a lot of stick for it even her idiotic new baby Tory voters are revolting now.

(lol)

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-05 11:50 AM

I've seen no evidence of that - most of the people that I spoken to just think he's a joke. :-|

Could be, Dave, could be, but maybe that's because they really think he's the second most reviled PM in history.

Bias is impossible to eliminate, but the judgements being advanced on here show very clear political bias when compared to the (supposedly - but are there really any?) more balanced sources here: https://tinyurl.com/bddjn8kh It's too early to judge Johnson, really, but have a look in any case for various views on who was best, and who worst.

Seems Eden (by a country mile), Brown and Cameron get the majority of the brickbats, while Thatcher, Attlee, and Churchill emerge as most popular - depending, of course, on who you ask. :-D It's a good game, and allows you to see where your own views place you on the political spectrum. Enjoy!! :-D

Thing is its comparing Prime Ministers from hundreds of years ago who might have done worse things because they could get away with them then.

Try and see through Johnson's wit and charm that makes him popular.

How much worse would Johnson be if he could?

We have just seen him attempt to abolish parliamentary standards.

And he came pretty close to getting a journalist beaten up >:-)

The people who do us most harm invariably have a carefully crafted image like Sir Jimmy Savile to get our trust, and make themselves popular with a large following.

But underneath is a very nasty piece of work >:-)

My feeling is that if Johnson had been King in medieval times he would have been as bad as they come. >:-)

I don't agree that Starmer is being " slagged off " - some people just think he's not exciting, or entertaining, enough.

His hair is always tidy, he wears clothes that fit him and he generally looks like a serious politician. I don't think he has ever been seen on a zip-wire waving a Union jack, and, as far as I know, has never suggested to delegates at a CBI conference in Newcastle, who have concerns about the economy, that they should visit PeppaPig Land in the New Forest in Hampshire.

Some people don't seem to like that .

malc d - 2021-12-05 2:07 PM

I don't agree that Starmer is being " slagged off " - some people just think he's not exciting, or entertaining, enough.

His hair is always tidy, he wears clothes that fit him and he generally looks like a serious politician. I don't think he has ever been seen on a zip-wire waving a Union jack, and, as far as I know, has never suggested to delegates at a CBI conference in Newcastle, who have concerns about the economy, that they should visit PeppaPig Land in the New Forest in Hampshire.

Some people don't seem to like that .

Fair comment

Incidentally, I bet Johnson spends a lot more time on his hair than Starmer.

Barryd999 - 2021-12-05 1:56 PM

I think that last bit should be why is there still one person left on this forum that is Slagging off Starmer and not Johnson? The answer is perfectly simple, because he is an idiot.

Fair comment.

What happened to all other Johnson & Brexit fans I wonder?

John52 - 2021-12-05 2:19 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-12-05 1:56 PM

Fair comment.

What happened to all other Johnson & Brexit fans I wonder?

Probably were sane enough to realise they were defending the indefensible. Either that or they realised they had backed a one legged blindfolded nag and didn't want to look like they had been taken in.

Archived