Sorry sign of the times ....

ROON

Last week I looked out of my bedroom window to see a young man about 18 crouched in my drive at the back of my car. I then saw there was also one in my elderly neighbour's front garden crouched in the bushes. I banged on the window VERY loudly. They ran off and joined about six other youths at the house across the way.

The following day I went to the youth's parents and complained as to what I had seen, and that after running away from my home they continued to go up various neighbours' driveways running round and round the cars/vans making stupid noises. The parents were disgustingly rude and told me to '......... go away (!) ' in no uncertain terms. I won't go into more detail because it became just ridiculous as to 'they are only kids', etc. (There were about 8 of them, all tall and well-built)

Last night I heard noises outside again - also around 2am - buit because I knew it was pointless complaining to the family (who have made my life Hell for about five years), I just put a pillow over my head and tried to sleep. Just found out that the car of a lovely man across the way was stolen in the night! I am not saying that it was these same youths, but because of their parents' reactions to mine and other neighbours' complaints that night - no-one bothered to look out of their window when a full-bodied crime was being commited.

Parents these days seem blind to their beloved offsprings and so what chance do they have of becoming responsible citizens!?!

Shame to say this Joy, but apart from reporting it to the police there's not much you can do and for a lady in your position I would suggest you keep quiet and out of sight. All very well giving them a piece of your mind, but that will only make you and your property the next target, so let them have their 'fun' for the moment and eventually they will move on to annoy someone else.

Just don,t let it get to you. x

Archived