Sound familiar?

Bulletguy

Johnson wrote this article in the Torygraph 12 years ago almost to the day. It's now come back to haunt him as a reminder! (lol)

It's the arrogance. It's the contempt. That's what gets me. It's Gordon Brown's apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people. It's at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud.

We rather gathered from the Labour prospectus that said Blair was going to be Prime Minister. Indeed, Tony sought a new mandate from the British electorate with the explicit promise that he would serve a full term.

They voted for Tony, and yet they now get Gordon, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up?

The extraordinary thing is that it looks as though he will now be in 10 Downing Street for three years, and without a mandate from the British people. No one elected Gordon Brown as Prime Minister,

Gordon Brown could appease public indignation over that, and secure the democratic mandate he needs, by asking the public to vote at once on him. Let's have an election without delay.

Boris Johnson: The Telegraph 21st June 2007

pelmetman - 2019-06-29 9:36 PM

I'm still voting for Boris (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Of course......and this is what people like you want to do to, "trample on the democratic will of the British people....without a mandate from the British people....It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up?"

So you should heed his final battle cry on "Let's have an election without delay."

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-29 10:04 PM

Of course......and this is what people like you want to do to, "trample on the democratic will of the British people....without a mandate from the British people....It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up?"

So you should heed his final battle cry on "Let's have an election without delay."

I'm all for a GE Bullet B-) .........

Especially against old Comrade Dobyn :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-06-29 10:10 PM

You have no alternative........especially after seeing what the man you support said himself.

Chris Patten certainly doesn't mince his words describing Johnson as, "a disaster and huckster whose lied his way through politics and lied his way through life....as well as being mendacious he’s incompetent.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-21/tory-grandee-patten-calls-johnson-mendacious-and-incompetent

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-29 10:41 PM

You have no alternative........especially after seeing what the man you support said himself.

Chris Patten certainly doesn't mince his words describing Johnson as, "a disaster and huckster whose lied his way through politics and lied his way through life....as well as being mendacious he’s incompetent.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-21/tory-grandee-patten-calls-johnson-mendacious-and-incompetent

SHOCK HORROR 8-) ........

A Remoaner doesn't like Boris (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Who'd have thought it...eh? ;-) ..........

Bulletguy - 2019-06-29 9:33 PM

Johnson wrote this article in the Torygraph 12 years ago almost to the day. It's now come back to haunt him as a reminder! (lol)

It's the arrogance. It's the contempt. That's what gets me. It's Gordon Brown's apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people. It's at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud.

We rather gathered from the Labour prospectus that said Blair was going to be Prime Minister. Indeed, Tony sought a new mandate from the British electorate with the explicit promise that he would serve a full term.

They voted for Tony, and yet they now get Gordon, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up?

The extraordinary thing is that it looks as though he will now be in 10 Downing Street for three years, and without a mandate from the British people. No one elected Gordon Brown as Prime Minister,

Gordon Brown could appease public indignation over that, and secure the democratic mandate he needs, by asking the public to vote at once on him. Let's have an election without delay.

You need to get your facts right.

There was an agreement in place that Blair would hand over to Brown. It was cooked up between the two of them to stop the friction and arguments to keep a show of unity in the Labour Party. The two of them disliked each other a lot.

May has resigned and a new leader is needed. It was not preplanned and organised as in the Labour Party scheme. If you want to unearth devious behaviour towards the electorate, look at Labour first.

pelmetman - 2019-06-30 9:03 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-06-29 10:41 PM

SHOCK HORROR 8-) ........

A Remoaner doesn't like Boris (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Who'd have thought it...eh? ;-) ..........

Another Tory who knows Johnson better than any of us on here. Let's face it even his ex boss, another Tory, said he is "unfit to hold public office". Hardly a glowing cv but to his fan club thats exactly what they want, i can only presume to enable the destruction of the Tory party in their desire to hand it over to Fartages lot.

747 - 2019-06-30 9:45 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-06-29 9:33 PM

You need to get your facts right.

Have you told Boris?

If you want to unearth devious behaviour towards the electorate, look at Labour first.

Oh i think we are all aware Tories aren't too keen on their dirty linen coming out in public as is often clear. Nothing as good as a perpetual smear campaign to help deflect.

Archived