Starmer weaponises the pandemic.......

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a bit unfair, he's only doing his job, and doing it without rancour.

It should not come as any surprise to anyone that whatever the government decides comes at the possible expense of something else and a polite reasoned difference of opinion in search of a better way is always a good thing as is what the opposition is supposed to be doing.

Tracker - 2020-05-11 7:52 PM

It should not come as any surprise to anyone that whatever the government decides comes at the possible expense of something else and a polite reasoned difference of opinion in search of a better way is always a good thing as is what the opposition is supposed to be doing.

Absolutely right.

...and in the exchanges I saw in the commons today, Boris Johnson actually thanked Keir Starmer for the way his questions were put.

So full marks to both of them ( and no points to whingeing Dave ).

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2020-05-11 9:18 PM

Tracker - 2020-05-11 7:52 PM

Absolutely right.

...and in the exchanges I saw in the commons today, Boris Johnson actually thanked Keir Starmer for the way his questions were put.

So full marks to both of them ( and no points to whingeing Dave ).

;-)

So you didn't see his party polictical propagandacast? ;-) ..........

The phoney war is over :D ........

I must admit to some bias, I quite like Kier Starmer and might even vote for him if he truly ditches the old Labour mantra of nationalise everything and impose state control over everyone and everything.

A Labour leader worthy of respect - it would be a novelty - but never say never!

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-05-12 10:51 AM

You really don't get democracy at all, do you Dave?

Top marks to Rich, Malc, and Barry for their knowledge and understanding of how our system has to work. Spot on!

So you didn't see his party polictical propaganda broadcast either? ;-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2020-05-12 11:22 AM

I must admit to some bias, I quite like Kier Starmer and might even vote for him if he truly ditches the old Labour mantra of nationalise everything and impose state control over everyone and everything.

A Labour leader worthy of respect - it would be a novelty - but never say never!

Yeah .......Another lawyer in charge of Labour ;-) ..........

What could go wrong 8-) .......

pelmetman - 2020-05-12 11:42 AM

Think positive - what could go right?

It would be good for the country to have that choice and if nothing else it might just sharpen the focus of the party in power to do more for the people who put them in power?

Birdbrain - 2020-05-12 12:27 PM

Hes just spent X amount of years happily serving and backing up Jeremy in more or less the worst Labour Party ever , a party massively rejected by the public ... Why when he has done nothing would anyone consider voting for him ???

I personally would not vote for Kier Starmer right now, but in 3 or 4 years time, depending on how it all pans out - who knows.

At least there is now a glimmer of light whereas before there was only darkness.

Time will tell.

Tracker - 2020-05-12 12:50 PM I personally would not vote for Kier Starmer right now, but in 3 or 4 years time, depending on how it all pans out - who knows. At least there is now a glimmer of light whereas before there was only darkness.

Time will tell.

I agree. I didn't like his remorseless attempts to delay/prevent Brexit but as Lleader of the Opposition he's making a decent attempt so far. I think his prospects (and those of Labour) will depend on how well he gets his party to swing back towards the centre - and of course whether BoJo retains the centre ground he is currently occupying and aiming for too.

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2020-05-12 11:59 AM

pelmetman - 2020-05-12 11:42 AM

Think positive - what could go right?

It would be good for the country to have that choice and if nothing else it might just sharpen the focus of the party in power to do more for the people who put them in power?

He has a history of defending terrorists.......He's pro EU.....what are the chances of him going on the Right path? ;-) .......

pelmetman - 2020-05-12 4:52 PM

He has a history of defending terrorists.......He's pro EU.....what are the chances of him going on the Right path? ;-) .......

I don't know and neither do you so all we can do is try to keep an open mind and see how it pans out.

Tracker - 2020-05-12 11:22 AM

That not about to happen given Germany and France hold franchises of our railways, major shareholders in our energy supplies and all of Royal Mail was sold off five years ago after 500 years of state ownership.

"Taking back control".....anyone? :-S

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2020-05-12 5:10 PM

I don't know and neither do you so all we can do is try to keep an open mind and see how it pans out.

But I do know he has a history of defending folk who hate us ;-) ........

Kinda makes me think he's not really on the side of us Brits *-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-05-12 5:16 PM

C'mon Dave hes obviously defended lots of Remoaners ... You cant hold that against him

Good grief Dave when will you get it? It was his job to defend his clients and to put aside any personal judgement of them.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2020-05-12 5:32 PM

Good grief Dave when will you get it? It was his job to defend his clients and to put aside any personal judgement of them.

Good grief Veronica when will you and your twendy wendy liberal types get used to the fact that us basic Brits, find your holier than thou attitude to defending scum sticks in our craw ;-) ........

Just sayin.......

pelmetman - 2020-05-12 5:47 PM

Good grief Veronica when will you and your twendy wendy liberal types get used to the fact that us basic thick as mince Brits, find your holier than thou attitude to defending scum sticks in our craw ;-) ........

Just sayin.......

Fixed. B-)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-05-12 6:22 PM

Good grief Veronica when will you and your twendy wendy liberal types get used to the fact that us basic thick as mince Brits, find your holier than thou attitude to defending scum sticks in our craw ;-) ........

Just sayin.......

Fixed. B-)

No doubt Mad Max will be along soon to condemn your Cowardly Action (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Guest pelmetman

Further to my previous post ;-) .......

It appears I am sadly winning our bet :-| ......

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/rochdale-grooming-gang-deported-uk-child-sex-abuse-court-trial-a9342196.html

Good grief Veronica when will you and your twendy wendy liberal types get used to the fact that us basic Brits, find your holier than thou attitude to defending scum sticks in our craw ;-) ........

So you want to rip up the Magna Carta, dispense with due process, and lock people up without trial? *-)

Archived