Starting look like EU need us than we need EU......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-06-20 7:49 AM

It’s called the transition period. We will still be paying over the next 5 years. All part of the deal.

Only if there's a deal ;-) ..........

No Deal......No Bill >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2020-06-20 9:28 AM

It’s called the transition period. We will still be paying over the next 5 years. All part of the deal.

Wrong again.

The UK Government has already committed itself to making future payments - whether we leave or not.

Who is going to deal with us if we renege on that *-)

Incidentally since the Daily Mail became a 'remoaner' its become the UKs biggest selling paper (lol)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-20 10:20 AM

Wrong again.

The UK Government has already committed itself to making future payments - whether we leave or not.

Incidentally since the Daily Mail became a 'remoaner' its become the UKs biggest selling paper (lol)

Wrong again ;-) ........

We have committed to paying for stuff that is of mutual benefit to us :D ........

The divorce bill is only payable if there is a deal >:-) .........

Incidentally the DM has been the biggest selling daily paper for years, but sales of its printed paper are dropping ;-) ...........

I also read the Daily Bumwipe aka the Guardian does that make me a Loony Lefty? (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

pelmetman - 2020-06-21 8:16 AM

Wrong again.

Wrong again ;-) ........

We have committed to paying for stuff that is of mutual benefit to us :D ........

Incidentally the DM has been the biggest selling daily paper for years, but sales of its printed paper are dropping ;-) ...........

I also read the Daily Bumwipe aka the Guardian does that make me a Loony Lefty? (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

You're double wrong again.

Unlike you I will post links to support what I say instead of making stuff up.

'Most of the bill will be paid within the next six years but some payments will continue up to 2064"

https://fullfact.org/election-2019/ask-fullfact-pay-brexit/

and you claim to read the Guardian but none of it seems to have sunken in

"After 42 years as the UK’s best-selling newspaper, the (Brexiteer) Sun has lost its title to the (Remaiiner) Daily Mail." https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jun/19/daily-mail-eclipses-the-sun-to-become-uks-top-selling-paper

The popularity of the Daily Mail soared when you disowned it (lol)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-21 10:37 AM

Wrong again.

Wrong again ;-) ........

'Most of the bill will be paid within the next six years but some payments will continue up to 2064"

"After 42 years as the UK’s best-selling newspaper, the (Brexiteer) Sun has lost its title to the (Remaiiner) Daily Mail." https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jun/19/daily-mail-eclipses-the-sun-to-become-uks-top-selling-paper

From your link ;-) ........

"The UK could technically refuse to pay the bill in the case of leaving the EU without a deal, but that brings its own problems"

Whatcha gonna do EU?.......Sue? (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Guest pelmetman

I doubt selling just 980,000 papers a day in a country of 70 million is much to boast about ;-) .......

But at least it means they don't have to send out a begging letter with every article like the Daily Bumwipe >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-06-21 11:57 AM

Wrong again.

Wrong again ;-) ........

"The UK could technically refuse to pay the bill in the case of leaving the EU without a deal, but that brings its own problems"

You were supposedly a "business man" for a while were you not Dave? How did you treat customers that didnt pay you? I guess you could go after them for the money but most people just refuse to work with people like that in the future and of course word gets around so nobody does work for such people. In our case the world is watching. If thats how you want to start off our brave new venture into the unknown I wonder how the raft of countries you think are lining up to trade with us will react to our first step into the unknown being racking up a bad debt.

Wrong again.

Wrong again ;-) ........

The answer is yes.

They could sue us in the International court of The Hague.

With the size of the bill they likely would and the verdict would likely be against us.........just saying.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-06-21 1:25 PM

Wrong again.

Wrong again ;-) ........

The answer is yes.

They could sue us in the International court of The Hague.

With the size of the bill they likely would and the verdict would likely be against us.........just saying.

So if we refuse to pay? ;-) ........

Are they going to invade? 8-) ........

Just askin (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-06-21 4:40 PM

No.....just sue us.

So another win win for lawyering UK ;-) .......

Veronica will be pleased :D ......

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-21 8:32 PM

pelmetman - 2020-06-21 12:03 PM

But at least it means they don't have to send out a begging letter with every article.........

Journalism costs money

Who do you think should pay for it ?

If you like the EU wish to pay for propaganda ;-) .......

Fill yer boots :D .......

Us sensible folk will just ignore it (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-21 8:33 PM

pelmetman - 2020-06-21 4:43 PM

So another win win for lawyering UK ;-) .......

and another lose lose for you

Have I lost yet? ;-) .......

Just 9 more days until I win again >:-) ........

IF this went to court AND the UK refused to abide by the court's decision it is hard to see how the UK could expect to trade with any countries other than Russia and Nth Korea.

The Divorce Bill is a big lever in whether a deal or no deal is the outcome. The EU needs that money more than ever and that might just smudge a red line enough to broker a deal.

Guest pelmetman
Nicepix - 2020-06-21 8:41 PM

IF this went to court AND the UK refused to abide by the court's decision it is hard to see how the UK could expect to trade with any countries other than Russia and Nth Korea.

The Divorce Bill is a big lever in whether a deal or no deal is the outcome. The EU needs that money more than ever and that might just smudge a red line enough to broker a deal.

Oh I dunno ;-) .......If Germany can ignore the EU I dont see why we cant :D ........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1282097/EU-news-Germany-constitutional-court-ECB-ECJ-Angela-Merkel-latest-update

pelmetman - 2020-06-21 10:20 PM

Oh I dunno ;-) .......If Germany can ignore the EU I dont see why we cant :D ........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1282097/EU-news-Germany-constitutional-court-ECB-ECJ-Angela-Merkel-latest-update

For once I agree with you. Well, the first three words anyway.

BTW; The Express isn't actually a newspaper. Think of it as the red cloth that Matadors wave to attract the attention of mad bovines. It recycles the output of the bovines and is therefore 100% bullpoo

Guest pelmetman
Nicepix - 2020-06-21 9:29 PM

pelmetman - 2020-06-21 10:20 PM

For once I agree with you. Well, the first three words anyway.

BTW; The Express isn't actually a newspaper. Think of it as the red cloth that Matadors wave to attract the attention of mad bovines. It recycles the output of the bovines and is therefore 100% bullpoo

I'm getting the whiff of Frank ;-) ........

Archived