Stay Alert

John52

Did anyone manage to make sense of BoJo's speech *-)

Apparently it was recorded as Cummings daren't risk him doing anything live

He'd smartened himself up, it was just the speech that was a mess

- looked to me like he was trying to do a particularly difficult sh!t

Perhaps the Stay Alert message was for himself as all the chances he's missed to stop the virus

But at least he's dropped the Stay Home

So we City Dwellers can spread out to Cornwall & The Upper Dales :D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its a shame that The SNP's Ian Blackford hasn't stayed alert enough to understand our PM didn't say it was now "back to business as usual" as he claimed on Sky ... Spreading lies like that leads to spreading the virus ... Shame on him

Best thing you can say about the SNP is they are not BoJo

But, to be fair, I don't understand what BoJo was saying either - do you?

I can see they have put the Tory Party before the country - Brexit was meant to stop the infighting in the Tory party.

But Covid-19 has clearly stoked it up again - the stay at home whatever the cost brigade fighting the back to work to save the economy brigade.

(personally I would like to save the economy as without it there will be no nhs, no food, and no virus cure as we won't be able to afford it)

BoJo squirming to try and keep them both on message

Can you explain what he was saying *-)

Gist of it seemed to be he was giving people 12 hours notice to go back to work whether they had heard from their employer or not, no explanation of what to do with their kids who were off school, or how they were supposed to get to work *-)

So the Stay Home message remains the same in Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

But then we don't need to be so worried about our economy with all your English taxpayer's money BoJo sends us and bribes us with not to vote for the Nationalists :D

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-05-11 7:50 AM

But then we don't need to be so worried about our economy with all your English taxpayer's money BoJo sends us and bribes us with not to vote for the Nationalists :D

So our resident hypocrite carrys on ignoring Queen Fishface's message *-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-11 8:18 AM

So our resident hypocrite carrys on ignoring Queen Fishface's message *-) .........

Nope - because it only applies to Scotland

We can stay in our houses till BoJo busts your economy and has no more money to bribe us with

I don't know about people who live in England and work over the border in Scotland or Wales

Can they drive to work or not ?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-05-11 8:51 AM

We can stay in our houses till BoJo busts your economy and has no more money to bribe us with

I don't know about people who live in England and work over the border in Scotland or Wales

Do you not LIVE in Scotland? *-) .........

John52 - 2020-05-11 7:16 AM

Best thing you can say about the SNP is they are not BoJo

But, to be fair, I don't understand what BoJo was saying either - do you?

I can see they have put the Tory Party before the country - Brexit was meant to stop the infighting in the Tory party.

But Covid-19 has clearly stoked it up again - the stay at home whatever the cost brigade fighting the back to work to save the economy brigade.

(personally I would like to save the economy as without it there will be no nhs, no food, and no virus cure as we won't be able to afford it)

BoJo squirming to try and keep them both on message

Can you explain what he was saying *-)

Gist of it seemed to be he was giving people 12 hours notice to go back to work whether they had heard from their employer or not, no explanation of what to do with their kids who were off school, or how they were supposed to get to work *-)

With you its irrelevant wether the message is clear or muddled you ignore it anyway and your hate blinker goggles mean you only ever have one view on anything our PM and the Tories say or do ... You have been in Bee Gees company too long

pelmetman - 2020-05-11 8:54 AM

Ok then could I drive over the border to go to work in England?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-05-11 9:50 AM

pelmetman - 2020-05-11 8:54 AM

Ok then could I drive over the border to go to work in England?

Not according to Ol Fishface ;-) ..........

But then again YOU don't have any problem ignoring her rules do you hypocrite? >:-) .........

Unfortunately BoJo didn't seem to be on form yesterday evening and although I could sort of follow what he was trying to get across I don't think he made it easily understandable to the tabloid readers. And of course the Scottish and Welsh rebellions haven't helped and nor have the sniping journalists. But BoJo would have known he was going to have to face that so it's a pity he couldn't have done a better job of communicating.

There does now seem to be more scope for people making their own minds up what they're going to do, as of course some have been doing already. We'll be staying put for now; there's no reason for us to do otherwise.

Perhaps Boris is still suffering from the effects of Covid as he seems to have lost his sparkle somewhat - or maybe the constant barrage of nastiness and incompetence for which he personally gets all the blame is wearing him down.

His speech as an outline of where we do from here, subject to how it pans out in reality made sense to me, but then I was taught how to apply common sense both by my parents and by life's experiences.

Give the man a break, he is doing his best for the nation by trying to juggle so many conflicting aspects and whilst you might not agree with any of his decisions there is no need for so much antagonism.

No matter who is running the country there will always be differing opinions.

Guest pelmetman
StuartO - 2020-05-11 10:33 AM

Unfortunately BoJo didn't seem to be on form yesterday evening and although I could sort of follow what he was trying to get across I don't think he made it easily understandable to the tabloid readers. And of course the Scottish and Welsh rebellions haven't helped and nor have the sniping journalists. But BoJo would have known he was going to have to face that so it's a pity he couldn't have done a better job of communicating.

There does now seem to be more scope for people making their own minds up what they're going to do, as of course some have been doing already. We'll be staying put for now; there's no reason for us to do otherwise.

Seem'd perfectly understandable to me ;-) .........

Those that can should go back to work.......

The country will come out of lockdown at different stages based on the science and the data .......

So stay alert :D ..........

If we lived in a totalitarian communist state one size would fit all, but as we have so much freedom to make our own decisions and control our own lives maybe it is time to start classes in understanding and applying common sense and personal responsibility?

This is funny.

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/05/11/746341242192507383/1024x576_MP4_746341242192507383.mp4

They dont do details though do they? The Tories.

Just think yourself lucky your not one of the ones being sent back into the water while the shark is still swimming about eh?

I guess the economy has to be restarted though by someone. Looks like the other countries like Germany for example have already seen a spike in cases since they relaxed restrictions. I expect that will happen here and then what? Everyone back inside again?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-05-11 11:25 AM

This is funny.

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/05/11/746341242192507383/1024x576_MP4_746341242192507383.mp4

They dont do details though do they? The Tories.

Just think yourself lucky your not one of the ones being sent back into the water while the shark is still swimming about eh?

I guess the economy has to be restarted though by someone. Looks like the other countries like Germany for example have already seen a spike in cases since they relaxed restrictions. I expect that will happen here and then what? Everyone back inside again?

Do keep up Barry *-) ............

The details are being released today ;-) .......

So you'll soon have something else to bitch about :D ........

Part of the problem of getting people to go back to work is going to be that some of them have had their income adequately supported and other beneficial things like protection from eviction and even bank support with overdrafts so there may not be enough incentive to go back willingly when there is some extra risk in doing so. Trades unions are demanding “full” protection arrangements too so there isn’t necessarily going to be a big rush back to work.

A friend of mine who’s in his 60s and has diabetes has been working from home but his normal work is classroom training, so he’s not looking forward to going back into work and I doubt his employer will put much voluntary effort into arranging a virus-safe system of working.

Guest pelmetman
StuartO - 2020-05-11 11:41 AM

Part of the problem of getting people to go back to work is going to be that some of them have had their income adequately supported and other beneficial things like protection from eviction and even bank support with overdrafts so there may not be enough incentive to go back willingly when there is some extra risk in doing so. Trades unions are demanding “full” protection arrangements too so there isn’t necessarily going to be a big rush back to work.

I suspect you are right ;-) ..........

Given the choice of being paid 80% of your wages to sit on your backside is not much of an incentive to return to work :-| .......

Especially when combined with mortgage/rent and loan holidays........a lot of people are prolly quids in sat at home ;-) ...........

pelmetman - 2020-05-11 12:21 PM

Given the choice of being paid 80% of your wages to sit on your backside is not much of an incentive to return to work :-| .......

Especially when combined with mortgage/rent and loan holidays........a lot of people are prolly quids in sat at home ;-) ...........

Depends whether the 80% is subject to income tax, Nat Ins, pension etc contributions?

Seems rushed and ill thought out as far as allowing some people to go back to work is concerned. There appears to have been no liaison with the trade unions whose members need assurances about how safe their environment will be. More time was needed to set minimum standards in the work place for all employers to follow so that there could be little or no room for argument between employer and employee about whether the work environment was safe. I don’t share others scepticism about how many people are so idle that they will use Covid as an excuse not to get back to work. Yes, there will always be a few but I doubt that they are in the majority.

Employers, employees and trade unions have had 8 weeks to communicate with each other and get their act together to plan for unlocking so I don't accept the short notice theory - or did they think we would simply go from nowt to all overnight - surely common sense would apply in anticipating a more cautious approach?

Tracker - 2020-05-11 1:58 PM

Employers, employees and trade unions have had 8 weeks to communicate with each other and get their act together to plan for unlocking so I don't accept the short notice theory - or did they think we would simply go from nowt to all overnight - surely common sense would apply in anticipating a more cautious approach?

Do you have info which suggests they haven’t been doing so and or that the government had asked for their input before the announcement from Boris Rich? Honest question, you may be better informed than I am.

StuartO - 2020-05-11 10:33 AM

the Scottish and Welsh rebellions haven't helped and nor have the sniping journalists. But BoJo would have known he was going to have to face that so it's a pity he couldn't have done a better job of communicating.

What did BoJo expect?

Nicola Sturgeon said the first she knew about dropping the stay at home slogan was when she heard it on the news. 8-)

Bound to get their backs up when he does things like that without even telling them, let alone consulting them.

Archived