Stay Apart and Stay Safe

StuartO

Like smoking warnings Stuart there has been an avalanche of info on how to minimise the risk of infection ... At some point individuals have to take responsibility and take on the advice or ignore it of course just as smokers do every time they light up

I think it's understandable that working age people wanting to keep their jobs and younger people generally will welcome the freedom but we older/vulnerable folk need to remember that leaving home for any reason (or inviting people in) carries risks.

Good post Stuart.

Smoking in public places was banned by the government. Its just a pity while this pandemic goes on they didnt seem to think it would be a good idea to restrict none essential travel to perhaps 20 miles. I feel sorry for anyone being forced back to work if they feel unsafe but at least you would hope that in a work environment employers would enforce safety measures and the work force themselves would act sensibly unlike the flocks of Morons who are now having a field day flouting the rules and overwhelming beauty spots. I would rather someone smoked 20 woodbines in front of me than have to encounter that.

Barryd999 - 2020-06-02 12:21 PM

Good post Stuart.

Smoking in public places was banned by the government. Its just a pity while this pandemic goes on they didnt seem to think it would be a good idea to restrict none essential travel to perhaps 20 miles. I feel sorry for anyone being forced back to work if they feel unsafe but at least you would hope that in a work environment employers would enforce safety measures and the work force themselves would act sensibly unlike the flocks of Morons who are now having a field day flouting the rules and overwhelming beauty spots. I would rather someone smoked 20 woodbines in front of me than have to encounter that.

You mean a very small percentage , tiny percentage of the population that are flouting the advice ... Youve not broken the rules in any way what so ever Barry ???

'Stay Apart' is insensitive to the millions in overcrowded housing etc.

Thats why the virus is still spreading during lockdown,

and we can't stay on lockdown till the R rate comes down.

The economy won't stand it.

John52 - 2020-06-03 9:05 AM

You don’t have to be a genius to appreciate that “Stay Apart” doesn’t apply to inside your home but to social distancing when you’re out.

Your house has been empty again , mainly always is according to you ... Why havent you helped again with those living in "overcrowded housing" if it annoys you so ???

I would imagine your bumming around the country for weeks and weeks on end is hardly the best example of lock-down compliance in an effort to reduce the R rate - One rule for YOU and One rule for the rest of society

Birdbrain - 2020-06-02 12:37 PM

Good post Stuart.

You mean a very small percentage , tiny percentage of the population that are flouting the advice ... Youve not broken the rules in any way what so ever Barry ???

Nope. I have not broke the rules in any way whatsoever. Its not a small percentage though is it when 25% of people from Teesside (Middlesbrough etc) declare they are not sticking to the lock down rules and it just happens to be yobbos from Teesside that caused several weekends of chaos in Richmond. Not sure where they were from in upper Teesdale but the local Police reckon from the North Eastern towns where I gather they have also not taken lock down too seriously. It seems as you yourself I think pointed out this kind of behaviour is happening everywhere now so "a small percentage"? The problem with Coronavirus as we saw at the beginning while out government sat on its hands is thats all it takes to spread it if you are not following the rules and social distancing. It started with one person after all.

globebuster - 2020-06-03 1:40 PM

I would imagine your bumming around the country for weeks and weeks on end is hardly the best example of lock-down compliance in an effort to reduce the R rate - One rule for YOU and One rule for the rest of society

I stayed home - motor home.

Distance travelled in a motorhome is irrelevant because you are not spreading virus whilst shut in a motorhome - irrespective of whether it is moving or not.

Different when its a car like DC where you have to get out for food, toilet etc etc

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-03 4:43 PM

A White van is not a Motorhome *-) .......

HYPOCRITE >:-) .......

Barryd999 - 2020-06-03 2:27 PM

Good post Stuart.

Nope. I have not broke the rules in any way whatsoever. Its not a small percentage though is it when 25% of people from Teesside (Middlesbrough etc) declare they are not sticking to the lock down rules and it just happens to be yobbos from Teesside that caused several weekends of chaos in Richmond. Not sure where they were from in upper Teesdale but the local Police reckon from the North Eastern towns where I gather they have also not taken lock down too seriously. It seems as you yourself I think pointed out this kind of behaviour is happening everywhere now so "a small percentage"? The problem with Coronavirus as we saw at the beginning while out government sat on its hands is thats all it takes to spread it if you are not following the rules and social distancing. It started with one person after all.

You mean 25% of folk asked said they wouldnt stick to the rules Barry , they didn't ask the whole of Middlesborough did they and just who and where did they go and ask the question so they got the Hollywood headline they wanted ??? ... My guess is some scratty area , the same scratty areas where the same 25% of folk wouldnt listen to any advice on anything ... As for your "it started with one person" guff it really is just that , did Mr Cummings visit the beaches packed out by numpties ??? ... He did wrong and he should be sacked just like those Labour MPs but to blame him for morons being the morons they normally are is pathetic and stinks of your normal hate

Birdbrain - 2020-06-03 5:53 PM

He did wrong and he should be sacked just like those Labour MPs but to blame him for morons being the morons they normally are is pathetic and stinks of your normal hate

The point is that DC going there has encouraged others to go there

pelmetman - 2020-06-03 4:58 PM

A van can be a home.

I fail to see the relevance of the colour?

globebuster - 2020-06-03 1:40 PM

Distance travelled in a motorhome is irrelevant because you are not spreading virus whilst shut in a motorhome - irrespective of whether it is moving or not.

Different when its a car like DC where you have to get out for food, toilet etc etc

YOU DON'T HAVE A MOTORHOME!

You have a van with an armchair and a bucket

The difference is you've been wandering around for weeks and weeks far and wide - The distance travelled and the different places you've visited are very relevant - your actions are far worse than any other example of breaking the law that I'm aware of.

Maybe, if you'd just tucked yourself away in a field somewhere it might have been different - but you've been quite happy to boast of your crass behaviour.

Quite frankly I'm amazed you're still alive - as it seems you've never had to get out of your sweaty tin box for food, water or to utilise the public waste and or dog bins even after all these weeks :D

One rule for you............

John52 - 2020-06-03 7:51 PM

globebuster - 2020-06-03 7:28 PM

your actions are far worse than any other example of breaking the law that I'm aware of.

But you can't say what law I have broken *-)

Well, more like I can't be bothered actually - You know you've broken the law, and gone against the rest of society, but clearly you don't have a conscience, or any respect for those who've tried to do the right thing.

You have no idea how you may have jeopardised the lives of others with your selfish actions - and you simple can't prove otherwise.

Birdbrain - 2020-06-03 5:53 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-03 2:27 PM

Good post Stuart.

You mean 25% of folk asked said they wouldnt stick to the rules Barry , they didn't ask the whole of Middlesborough did they and just who and where did they go and ask the question so they got the Hollywood headline they wanted ??? ... My guess is some scratty area , the same scratty areas where the same 25% of folk wouldnt listen to any advice on anything ... As for your "it started with one person" guff it really is just that , did Mr Cummings visit the beaches packed out by numpties ??? ... He did wrong and he should be sacked just like those Labour MPs but to blame him for morons being the morons they normally are is pathetic and stinks of your normal hate

Of course it did. Someone has to be the first person to get infected do they not?

Posted by someone on Facebook today:

"Took the moho out for the day to Godrevy Point today (only 20 miles from our home in Falmouth) and got stopped by the police to check our validity of travel. Talking with the officer we found out that today, in this area alone, they had stopped and charged 5 vans - two from Kent, one from the Midlands and two from Yorkshire. They have all been told to return home and are being fined. Also found out that the fine applies to everyone in the vehicle. Therefore a family of four will pay four fines !! Don’t think I’ll be travelling away for a while."

MHs are obviously a target for the Devon & Cornwall Police. Pity they can't spot John52 in his stealth van and send him back to Pissindoon.

Birdbrain - 2020-06-02 9:04 AM

Like smoking warnings Stuart there has been an avalanche of info on how to minimise the risk of infection ... At some point individuals have to take responsibility and take on the advice or ignore it of course just as smokers do every time they light up

Not quite true, because smoking in public places is now banned under statute - because of its impact on the health of non-smokers who unavoidably become passive smokers in smoky atmospheres. That leaves smokers to smoke as they choose - providing they don't inflict their smoke on others, but with penalties for them if they do.

When it comes to the virus, the same is true, and yet there is no serious attempt to restrict the freedom of those who choose to ignore the risk to impose their, probably unrecognised, viral load on others. That is the difference.

The reasonable will always comply, but the unreasonable will only comply if suitably coerced and yet, in this instance, they are left free to infect both the reasonable and the unreasonable without penalty.

There has to be some greater reason for the estimated 8,000 infections per day that are still taking place than that it is just passing around in carehomes. So who is causing that level of infection? It may be a small percentage of the population as a whole, but it remains the case that, in the absence of people observing the basic hygiene rules, each infected person will go on to infect between 2 and 3 other people. The number of deaths is not falling as quickly as it should be if everyone was observing those rules.

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-04 12:11 PM

Not quite true, because smoking in public places is now banned under statute - because of its impact on the health of non-smokers who unavoidably become passive smokers in smoky atmospheres. That leaves smokers to smoke as they choose - providing they don't inflict their smoke on others, but with penalties for them if they do.

When it comes to the virus, the same is true, and yet there is no serious attempt to restrict the freedom of those who choose to ignore the risk to impose their, probably unrecognised, viral load on others. That is the difference.

The reasonable will always comply, but the unreasonable will only comply if suitably coerced and yet, in this instance, they are left free to infect both the reasonable and the unreasonable without penalty.

There has to be some greater reason for the estimated 8,000 infections per day that are still taking place than that it is just passing around in carehomes. So who is causing that level of infection? It may be a small percentage of the population as a whole, but it remains the case that, in the absence of people observing the basic hygiene rules, each infected person will go on to infect between 2 and 3 other people. The number of deaths is not falling as quickly as it should be if everyone was observing those rules.

So all those at The Black Lives demos are "unreasonable" then ... Well said

Some of the people who have been breaking the rules will have done so under pressure of some sort but it's clear from the numbers who went to the beach that a lot of people are making their own choices and pretty much ignoring the rules or at least stretching them to breaking point.

And the rules have got confusing; "Stay Alert" was never going to ring the right sort of bells. Perhaps that was chosen when Cummings was off work; he's supposed to be good as choosing catchy slogans.

We're still staying at home except for essentials. We had to take one of our dogs to the Vet yesterday and what a performance that was to comply with social distancing.

Birdbrain - 2020-06-04 12:18 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-04 12:11 PM

So all those at The Black Lives demos are "unreasonable" then ... Well said

It would not matter what the demonstration was for. If those taking part weren't observing social distancing, and there were more than 6 of them, the law (as I understand it) was being broken. The police seem to have decided to leave them to it rather than try to break them up. The individuals involved presumably decided that the issue warranted the risks, but they were careless of the risk they posed to others with whom they came into contact. Gardner's defence for attending the demo, that he'd tested negative, is asinine, as while someone who tests negative cannot infect others, they can readily become infected at any time and then go on to infect others - whether or not they develop symptoms.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-03 6:03 PM

pelmetman - 2020-06-03 4:58 PM

A van can be a home.

I fail to see the relevance of the colour?

It's not "legally" a Motorhome ;-) ........

So you are on dodgy ground ........HYPOCRITE >:-) ........

Archived