Stop Hoarding!

Lizzy

Hubby and I spent the weekend clearing out the loft in my late father's house. He must have been the original re-cycler/make things do ....... boxes of DIY from 1972, boxes of Camping/Caravan magz., boxes of Camping Club letters ....... we had 3 trips to the tip yesterday morning!

For goodness sake! If it's in the loft we don't need it *-) - Dad did refer to the magz sometimes but as he became frail in the last 4 years couldn't get into the roof space and also forgot what was up there.

Boxes of washed cley flower pots - roof tiles - model airplanes and engines - old clothes which Mum thought she had binned 30+ years ago etc. etc. etc......

It's made hubby and I realise that our loft needs clearing out too. But I am going to read the artciles on porta potties from 1972 before I throw them ;-)

I use FREECYCLE! for most items I want to part with or charity shops. Can't be bothered with e-bay, don't have time or energy!

Most of the stuff was tip fodder or keep. There is a garage full now to sort into keep/bin/FREECYCLE/compost ........

How's the weather in Wales? It's blowing a heavy breeze here in NOrthants!

Hi Lizzy. I sympathise with the work involved disposing of your Dads belongings, and hoarding all sorts of things is something i,m guilty of as well.

Taking it to your local Red Cross or charity shop does seem your best option, and apart from electrical items, everything is welcome, and what they can,t sell, they recycle. Howard.

Guest starspirit

Hi Lizzy.

It's WET.

In fact it's more than WET - it's bl**dy WET and bl**dy WINDY (but then so am I) and it has been for over four days now.

We hope to experience a different kind of WET at Shepton Mallet this coming weekend.

Not wetter we hope - not even drier we expect - but just different?

Guest starspirit
Thanks Howard - in which case we should be snug and warm with an insulating layer of the white stuff - assuming the Eberspacher does not pack up - again.

Mel B - 2007-01-09 8:30 PM

Don't forget that it you have anything on old campers etc to let the chap at MMM have it for his colletion! *-)

Sorry Mel, but i,ve just been through my dictionary and I still don,t know what a colletion is. Either its a new word or your fingers are faster than ever. :-(

mark lambert - 2007-01-11 10:27 PM

Mel B - 2007-01-11 9:58 PM

Can you guess what I'm doing with 2 of my fingers at the moment then chuckle-butt! (lol)

ha ha ha ha ha ! very good, i hope i dont ever upset you!

Take no notice Mark. Melanies just playing hard to get, and "chuckle-butt" is one of her secret endearments for me. ;-)

Sorry Howie, I always thought you talked out of your a*se, but was only joking when I called you chuckle-butt - I didn't really know that you laughed out of it as well!!!! (lol) :$

Now, do you really want me to tell them what I call you in private Howie, my little treasure (and by calling you that I don't mean you should be burried!)? :D

Mel B - 2007-01-12 5:55 PM

Howie, I was only joking when I called you chuckle-butt - I really want you my little treasure

Sorry Mel, but after all those hurtfull comments its going to take a while to mend my broken heart, but please keep trying. :-(

Forget mending the broken heart, it's the broken neck you need to worry about once I get hold of you and use my nice new shiney saw on you. :D

I'm also going to get out my border spade as I've changed my mind about not burying treasure ....!!!! 8-) *-)

Archived