You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Storage in motor-caravans
AuthorMessage
userLizzy
Posted: 24 September 2006 8:46 PM
Subject: Storage in motor-caravans

A posting machine

I know there is plenty of space. But how does One store goodies/clothes/jars etc. without a lot of mess at the end of One's journey?

Hubby makes chutney etc as mentioned; handy to add to the odd cheese sarnie on a rainy day when we don't want to walk to the shops ........

I like the storage ideas at Lakeland Plastics and saw some see-through shoe boxes in another catalogue recently which I think might be useful whe motorhoming: in the fridge/under the bed etc........ but I don't want my food stuffs tasting of plastic tubs by the end of the hols
usercolin
Posted: 24 September 2006 8:54 PM
Subject: RE: Storage in motor-caravans

Legendary contributor

How fast do you intend driving your motorhome, there not race cars you know
userLizzy
Posted: 25 September 2006 8:17 AM

A posting machine

It is not my driving but the cornering ....... I still think I'm on a motorbike
userhowie
Posted: 25 September 2006 11:20 AM

Apart from the fridge, you could use one or two cool boxes or bags to store your food Lizzy. This would solve the problem of where to keep the food secure while in transit, and retain the relative freshness as well. The key to living in motorhomes is that you just have to be really well orginised at all times. We normally carry enough food for one day and then restock while on the road, though we do keep bread, butter, cheese and a tin of bikkys for those midnight snacks. You mention there is plenty of space, and some would disagree, but it always amazes me how i,m forever losing things in such a small van. Howard.
userLizzy
Posted: 25 September 2006 3:25 PM

A posting machine

".......... amazes me how i,m forever losing things in such a small van....."

Oh no! I lose plenty of things in the house! Had hoped that being in a van would help ........
usercolin
Posted: 25 September 2006 6:00 PM

Legendary contributor

We have not brought loads of 'special' containers for use in van, some people do, but for us its all in the packing. For us, clothes are never a problem they stay where there put, shoes and boots also. If we have cupboards with tins/jars we don't leave gaps, i.e. stuff in a box of cornflakes etc to fill
userGeoff Bell
Posted: 25 September 2006 9:39 PM

A posting machine

Have you come across those blue rectangular baskets which are used by supermarkets for packing various fruit and veg. Our local chinese packs their take-aways in them. They stack and interconnect and just fit into our storage units. They are great for everything inside the motorhome and I also use them in my rear garage for water hoses, electrical bits etc.
And they are Free.
userKIMU122
Posted: 27 September 2006 11:11 PM

Having a look around

We also use the chinese food boxes which by the way are what they transport mushrooms around in very useful. We have bought from focus stores these collapsable crates v cheap and v useful. Wife and I have one each allocation for clothes.
userWingpete
Posted: 29 September 2006 11:21 AM

Lives on the forums

Plastic mesh type boxes, in various sizes, on sale at "Pound Shops" are very useful. As are those plastic boxes that fruit & veg are packed in at supermarkets. I use zip lock plastic bags for some clothes, like pants, socks, nankies, rolled flat before closing, like a vacuum pack, take up less room and easy to find.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator