Strange but true

derek500

Maybe ...

... not sure about the kind of characters we get on here, and wants to be sure his van goes to a good home?

... overpriced, so assumes only people who subscribe to pay-sites will stump up without haggling?

... doesn't even occur to him that there are motorhomers who DON'T subscribe to the pay forum?

I've not seen the ad (I don't go there).

Any other ideas?

Tony

He, who ever it is, has the right to sell it to whoever he wants. Why all this crap about "The Pay Forums"? If you cant afford to pay the £10 then dont, it's your choice, but dont criticise others who can and do. Why do you even bother looking? The www is big enough for every one. GET A LIFE

656 - 2007-05-14 8:09 PM

He, who ever it is, has the right to sell it to whoever he wants. Why all this crap about "The Pay Forums"? If you cant afford to pay the £10 then dont, it's your choice, but dont criticise others who can and do. Why do you even bother looking? The www is big enough for every one. GET A LIFE

Firstly, I don't think 'affordability' is the reason that people don't subscribe to MHF.

Secondly, when you consider that possibly the majority of members of MHF aren't subscribers, it seems a bit odd to limit the market. After all I'm sure he wants to sell it!!

derek500 - 2007-05-15 4:32 PM

Firstly, I don't think 'affordability' is the reason that people don't subscribe to MHF.

Secondly, when you consider that possibly the majority of members of MHF aren't subscribers, it seems a bit odd to limit the market. After all I'm sure he wants to sell it!!

Well, several thousand have subscribed, and with over 15000 members he has a better chance of selling it to a legit buyer than he would in any other media. I bet the owners of this site wished they had as many members. The amount of posts on here is nowhere near as many as on the Premier site.

656 - 2007-05-15 9:54 PM

Well, several thousand have subscribed, and with over 15000 members he has a better chance of selling it to a legit buyer than he would in any other media. I bet the owners of this site wished they had as many members. The amount of posts on here is nowhere near as many as on the Premier site.

Are you suggesting that because we dont pay to look at classified ads, then we are not " LEGIT" would be buyers.as you describe non subscribers.

And as for the number of postings and "members" on the other site, what's in a number ? It certainly doesn't make it a better place just because there are more people there.

You are obviously one of those who pays to share info etc with others, that is your perogative, however, please don't come on here putting down those who choose not to.

Your horse is extremely high and maybe you should come down from it, and enjoy the company of people on here, instead of getting up their noses.

donna miller - 2007-05-16 12:34 PM

Your horse is extremely high and maybe you should come down from it.

Why should I, I bought a new step ladder at Newark so it would be easier to get up there.

What I say is my opinion. Like it or lump it!

Tony Jones - 2007-05-15 9:53 AM

Hey, take it easy - just 'cos I haven't worked out how to put "smileys" on my posts yet doesn't mean you have to take me so seriously!

No need for smileys Tony, your mugshot says it all. :-D

They don,t come any better than you Tony, so ignore the insults and carry on the good work. ;-)

656, I'm intrigued as to your definition of "cliquey". The majority of regular users on this forum offer help and advice to others when it is requested, regardless of whether the person asking is a newcomer or an "old hand" (for want of a better description. Very few of us ignore new users with requests for help even if the subject has been aired countless times before. We don't go off into private huddles for a chat about others.

So what, in your opinion, makes this such a "cliquey" forum.

And just in case you're wondering, no I don't subscribe to MHF because I choose not to.

D.

Most forums generate towards 'cliquey' because you tend to get a lot of the same people posting - this leads to 'in' jokes that are incomprehensible to newbies, and so it can take a bit of lurking to tune into the humour [or lack of it *-) ].

Like a lot of others I've used several forums over the years - it's nice to come across names that you know. Some forums are very factual with very little in the way of OT chat [like Neill Kings for example] [example of in-joke - I should go back and put in the possessive apostrophe :D ]. Others get an awful lot of hits and posts - [like ukcs and mhf] . There are several infamous spoilers around - who seem to drift from one forum to another, often under various names - before trying the patience of the mods [and everyone else] and getting banned.

There have been several in-jokes on here [for want of a better term], and maybe that's what 656 is referring to?, perhaps he just objects to the perceived criticism of another site? - mhf knocking was popular a while ago when they introduced the subscriber option - particularly since it coincided with free access and improved layout on here. Or perhaps he has taken exception to insulting posts.

I still think life is too short .. .. .. - and if I find it difficult to relate to threads on a particular site - I drift off to another one - without burning my boats [hopefully] so that I can always return.

B-)

Archived