Stratford Show

Guest starspirit

Guest starspirit

Anyone else going?

We plan to if the weather is halfway decent as experience tells us that Stratford Racecourse is not somewhere you would want to be in heavy persistent precipitation.

No booking then - we will just appear as if by magic - although it will more probably by the M5 and A46.

Being a kind, caring, decent sort of geezer I just thought that I would give you all fair warning to head off in the opposite direction.

Guest starspirit
Stratford on Avon sweetie where the only muggers are the tourist trap shops and the bards bloodsuckers.

SONA I knew that just having a laugh hubby was born there a few house from the bard. Mum only sold 6 years back in order to go back to St Ives where granpappys from they now live on the Beach over looking the bay at St Ives Bootiful....

It worked then anyway when is this SONA one on ?..

You have to wear a pink carnation so we all notice each other . ;-)

Guest starspirit

It's on from 1st to 3rd of June but camping is available from the 28th May at a fiver a night if you want to be early.

Full details on the Stone Leisure website but its £45 from Monday to Monday or £25 from Friday to Monday or day visitors a fiver per adult and kids free.

However - I'm not about to let anyone dump any kids on me even if they are free and seeing some kids I can understand why they would be free.

Guest starspirit

PS

Do you remember SONA saucepans etc?

So named because that's where they were made.

A mine of useful information - thats me?

Richard,

thats where grandpappy worked hubbys dad . And apparently thats what I am using for my dog bowls had them for years now . Apparently they had there first press and were made by his dad into dog bowls had them years now brilliant things.. Anyway thanks for the info re the show I cant say just like that with the kids and that but you never know it is my birthday on the 29th so maybe we will make it ... ;-)

michele - 2007-05-08 9:56 PM

Couldn't do Petrborough ...fancy this weekend but have the kids and would only be able to manage the Saturday .

Anyway don't fancy Stratford East London get mugged ;-)

My first [holiday] job was in Stratford - then I graduated to the really heavy stuff - Hackney Marshes - :D :D

B-)

Guest starspirit
michele - 2007-05-08 10:18 PM

Richard,

thats where grandpappy worked hubbys dad . And apparently thats what I am using for my dog bowls had them for years now . Apparently they had there first press and were made by his dad into dog bowls had them years now brilliant things.. Anyway thanks for the info re the show I cant say just like that with the kids and that but you never know it is my birthday on the 29th so maybe we will make it ... ;-)

We are still using a set of three saucepans that were a wedding present in 1971 from a friends whose Dad knew a guy who worked at SONA!

Archived