Suggestions please

michele

Once you have done Le Touquet where else is there to go not to far just around that area for 4 days.

Can anyone suggest something to see (Not alot ) easily pleased just a few shops a beach a walk anything to keep the little one amused .

We do not want to go very far otherwise we spend the week driving.

Any help have any of you been to the surrounding villages and seen something we might not of seen.

Would be really interested in any with Municple campsites .

cheers All.

Michele

i dont know if you have been to Crotoy, its on the Bai du Somme and there is a small steam train that runs round to St Vallery sur Somme. Its very nice there but I'm not sure when the season ends for the train. There are several campsites and also Aires, and if I recall correctly a childrens theme park not far away. Try and search the 'net for opening times

Rgds

VoH

Roger,

Thank you I will .

Having been to Le Touquet so many times its nice for a day or so but gets a bit much a much have also been to hardelot plage and the sourrounding places Etaples Merlimont not alot of places to park .

I have suggested going to Mount St michel again but hubby said its to far just for a few days . the thing is we intended originally to go to Brugge then to Amsterdam now I think he has had second thoughs thinking more towards France so he has suggested Menin Gate which I have never seen before and I am interested in things like that .

I will certainly have alook at it Thank you again.

michele - 2007-10-09 1:49 PM

Roger,

Thank you I will .

Having been to Le Touquet so many times its nice for a day or so but gets a bit much a much have also been to hardelot plage and the sourrounding places Etaples Merlimont not alot of places to park .

I have suggested going to Mount St michel again but hubby said its to far just for a few days . the thing is we intended originally to go to Brugge then to Amsterdam now I think he has had second thoughs thinking more towards France so he has suggested Menin Gate which I have never seen before and I am interested in things like that .

I will certainly have alook at it Thank you again.

If you are interested in modern history Michele try visiting the Bunker at Eperlecques built for fuelling V 1 and V 2 rocets.Not very far out of Calais. An amazing construction.

Mick H.

Yes I was going to mention the Block haus, it is an amazing and sobering construction and very well preserved and notated. But thinking of your little ones I thought Le Crotoy more suitable.

'Course you could go to Paris for "THE MATCH" - should be excitement and for some disappointment and for others delight, but cant be more specific at this moment!!

VoH

Vixters other half - 2007-10-09 2:18 PM

Yes I was going to mention the Block haus, it is an amazing and sobering construction and very well preserved and notated. But thinking of your little ones I thought Le Crotoy more suitable.

'Course you could go to Paris for "THE MATCH" - should be excitement and for some disappointment and for others delight, but cant be more specific at this moment!!

VoH[/QUOTe

POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE, VoH. An England victory. Nothing else is acceptable.

Mick H.

hi Michele, We are going to your favourite spot Honfleur in half term, after calling at Le Croytoy. We stayed there for 2 nights on a small site just as you go into the town , mainly statics but a few touring places. Lovely walk along the front excellent for cycles and next to a nature reserve. We are taking our bikes this time, just fitted a bike rack so we can all take them this time.

There are 2 Aires I believe ,the one we saw holds around 50 and the other around 10 I think. While we were there they had a huge car boot come street market on the Sunday, must have been 200 stalls lining the streets, amazing things from ducks for sale to donkey rides .

Was thinking of doing Mont St Michael but you have wetted my appetite for Bruge with your pictures so may go up there instead, we usually pop into Belgium anyway on our way home for the chocs and ciggys for people.

Mandy

Honfluer is a really nice place to visit really medieval ther is a large aire near the Lidl supermarket 7 euro's for 24 hrs with hook up but you need to park up reasonably early it gets busy especially at weekends and only a few minutes walk from town along the docks the Saturday street market is a must to see as are the fish resaurants around the inner marina. On the return to Calais you can stop off at Le Portel just outside Bologne the aire is just below to dunes above the beach great for good walking and good views with some old WW2 bunkers on coast.

Hey Wendy house on wheels nice piccys ;-) I love Hornfluer always hussle and bussel .

want to pick your brains please has it rained :D :D :D ONLY JOKING .

Please tell me where the market is I have never had the pleasure of seeing it before.

Also where is Le Portal ??? the Aire please.

michele - 2007-10-09 10:11 PM

Where you been you likkle stoppy out woman oracle :D

:D :D :D how long you got buddy :D :D

about 18 days in the Netherlands, back to the ery and then running around like an idiot [so what else is new *-) ] settling aged parents into new sheltered housing rented flat [in Greatham - ie near GJH no less :-> ] which is about 70 miles away, sorting out the emptying and sale of their house in Pickering 35 miles away, finalising at long last the sale of my late mother-in-laws flat in Rochdale [about 80 miles] - err

arguing with assorted suppliers who have been pi$$ing me off with goods eventually but not as ordered months ago,

struggling with a reluctant wireless link to lap-top now that next door have gone and got a BT Hub,

arguing with BT about this and the problems with parents broadband

err

emptying a freezer full of food cos the plug got knocked out and nobody noticed cos we were away

err

not much really :D :D :D

plus to be honest - most of the threads seemed to be in depth wrangles - several pages long that I just didn't feel up to ploughing through

BUT NOW I'M BACK - cue music from 'Jaws' >:-) >:-)

B-)

The market in Honfluer is on a Saturday and its along most of the side streets and near the marina.

The aire at Le Portel is on the Rue des Champs just off D236 near the sports complex 25 vans water/elsan/electric water available 8.30-9.30 / 5.30-6.30 coordinates N50*42.666 E001*34.532

Archived