Summer not that far

michele

And being nosey would just like to ask if and when you are all away.

we will be away this year not taking the girls I reckon we deserve a rest .

Off to Valras Plage Bezier once there we don't move for two weeks as family go and we only need to shop so we just use there car for that.

so two week' layzing around can't wait . Going to try some fishing and because it's just us this year I can fish all day with my bit of string well fish pole hanging off the rock ...funny don't matter what I catch the French run up and they want it . I dont mind they can have it

SO TWO WEEKS OF JUST PURE RELAXATION.

Where are you all off to 8-)

Mr Mod and Gootler who does this whilst your away ?

Ps Shush, do you have MH's? one each

10th May we sail for France then run down to Chamonix to visit our son then its south to Monte Carlo, Nice, St Tropez, hopefully Montpelleir then its head north to arrive back UK on 25th.

10th June will see us over to I.O.W. red funnell 5 night offer £110 inclusive.

Then hopefully long weekend with Motorcaravanners Club over weekend 12th August when we will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.

Also time permitting we will be having some time touring the yorkshire dales, its a hard life being retired its something  I have have been waiting for since the day I left school, each year this side of 65 is worth more than 2 years after..

Brighton fro May Day weekend, but that's work - the annual Baptist Assembly - & we'll be in a hotel not the van.

End of May we'll be in the Cotswolds for a few days after my sister's birthday bash at Witney; early July a weekend in Canterbury to see the Tour de France (not sure yet whether to use the town P&R or join the MCC rally); later in July (when Liz's term finishes) nearly 3 weeks (!!!) in France - probably Alsace/Lorraine. Back for 2 days, then off to Warwick with about 30 people from church, sort of camping holiday-cum-conference called "Leading Edge" - DOESN'T count as holiday!

Plus any Friday nights away we can squeeze out.

That's us - see any of you anywhere?

Tony

We are off to le continent on the 2nd June for 3 weeks, Ghent then Ypres, across into Luxembourg, maybe a bit more across to Trier, then south as far as the Lot valley and then I suppose we ought to think about travelling west and north at some point to be back at dunquerk for the sailing back on the 24th!!

Only 5 weeks to go - my french is still abysmal - but hey ho -

Je m'appelle Carol, j'habite en Grantham. Nous avons une camping car - ou est le aire sil vous plait?

bon nuit

Carol

Bonsoir madame,

carol sounds better than I could do only five weeks you would be suprised what you can learn in 5 weeks with them tapes in French you know learn French quick things.. have a wonderful time nice this because If your wondering where people are you can look back on this thread ?

Nosey Parkers..Te He.

Michele

I see you've found the button to change your picture again. I was just going to ask whether your "Mrs Meldrew" one meant you were going to be perfectly frank, when you pulled it and went back "on the buses!" Identity crisis or what??

Tony

PS Enjoy Valras-Plage. That was our final destination on our very first (tent-camping) trip to France back in 1977. Gosh - just realised, that's30yrs ago!!!

Tony ,

yes identity crisis getting sick of looking for my piccys funny that hubby always has police ones to mend and moans at me.

See the daughter has loaded a game and has loaded imesh arrrgh.

so sometimes I can't get on because the whole thing need wiping but as we speak he is in the drive loading the MH ready for his D day landing trip with the boys. No time to mend this for me . Actually kids they never listen I am sick to the back teeth of all theses pop ups rubbish dating mortgage lending and sex crap meet someone I dont want that rubbish on my putor but have some really important emails that I need to store what with the kids and the SS .. really angry with her never mind worse happens at sea.

carolh - 2007-04-24 9:03 PM

We are off to le continent on the 2nd June for 3 weeks, Ghent then Ypres, across into Luxembourg, maybe a bit more across to Trier, then south as far as the Lot valley and then I suppose we ought to think about travelling west and north at some point to be back at dunquerk for the sailing back on the 24th!!

Only 5 weeks to go - my french is still abysmal - but hey ho -

Je m'appelle Carol, j'habite en Grantham. Nous avons une camping car - ou est le aire sil vous plait?

bon nuit

Carol

hi carolh if your staying on the municipal site at ypres make sure everything is locked when not in use. we stayed there 2 years ago & had 2 bikes pinched from outside awning, there is/was a gypsie encampment on site.

found a nice site in luxembourg called kokelshlur or something like that, theres a wood/park behind site where buses stop for park & ride into luxembourg centre. hope this is some use :-)

Hi Michelle

No we have not been to Monte Carlo before but our son often has a weekend there he says it only down the road from Cham but he often stretches things a bit just around the corner is often a 2 mile hike. I have driven throughout Europe with work but this will be our 1st time by Motorhome really looking forward to doing it at our liesure not chasing delivery times.

kelly58 - 2007-04-24 7:19 PM

10th May we sail for France then run down to Chamonix to visit our son then its south to Monte Carlo, Nice, St Tropez, hopefully Montpelleir then its head north to arrive back UK on 25th.

10th June will see us over to I.O.W. red funnell 5 night offer £110 inclusive.

Then hopefully long weekend with Motorcaravanners Club over weekend 12th August when we will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.

Also time permitting we will be having some time touring the yorkshire dales, its a hard life being retired its something  I have have been waiting for since the day I left school, each year this side of 65 is worth more than 2 years after..

Hi,

Did the 5 night Red Funnel trip last week, had a great time, weather was fantastic.

Getting around the island in a large MH is ok but parking can be a problem in most towns and car park charges are horrendous.

The best way to tour all the towns and villages is to purchase a 7 day bus pass for £20, this can be used on all public transport including the open top tour buses. Seems expensive but actually works out tremendous value if you want to see everything. They can be purchased from any bus driver or at any bus station.

When we were leaving we "swopped" the two days remaining on the passes for coffee and a natter with our neighbours on site.

Bazza,

Looks very nice good price as well same for both I see M/H or Caravan

just had a thought CARAvan CARAprof CARAchugger .....

silly me anyway hope you had a wonderful time and the weather stayed fine for you and yours ... ;-)

well, we've booked a ferry to Zeebrugge in June, and another one back from Zeebrugge about 3 weeks later.

then, another one to Rotterdam in September, coming back from Zeebrugge over 2 weeks later,

just need some more euros (lol) :-D :->

B-)

• 4 weeks later...

Michele

Going away very soon to Germany again!!

Touring here and there - Deepest Bavaria again!!.

Hope to be back end June early July, then go away early Sept, then back here,then away to my homeland of Thailand.

Thai

Archived