Sunderland Leavers

Bulletguy

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-07 10:49 PM

Sunderland voted 61% Leave and 39% Remain in the referendum. Two and a half years on and now look (Ostriches be aware....do not open this link).

So that's 51% of her constituents that have "bothered" to contact her ;-) ..........

Very scientific (lol) .......

All that proves is Remoaners are more vociferous WHINGERS than Brexiteers >:-) .........

Folk only need to peruse Chatterbox to discover that fact :D .........

Recent survey shows similar.

https://i.postimg.cc/6QZvNzDw/screenshot-47.png

https://www.bestforbritain.org/map

There is a huge amount of Bregret in Brexit heartlands which are generally places where people dont have a pot to pish in. A lot of protest votes, just go against Cameron on whatever he says, voting for anything other than what they currently have but the last thing these people really want is to make themselves even poorer which is exactly what any kind of Brexit will do for them. Perhaps some are waking up to the reality of their decision and the fact that once again they were lied to.

Barryd999 - 2018-12-08 9:53 AM

There is a huge amount of Bregret in Brexit heartlands which are generally places where people dont have a pot to pish in. A lot of protest votes, just go against Cameron on whatever he says, voting for anything other than what they currently have but the last thing these people really want is to make themselves even poorer which is exactly what any kind of Brexit will do for them. Perhaps some are waking up to the reality of their decision and the fact that once again they were lied to.

Youve been concerned about the poor becoming poorer since when Barry

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-12-08 12:20 PM

24th June 2016 ;-) .........

Since always. Ive always supported the poor and charities that support them. I certainly dont want to see the regions I grew up in and worked in for years turn into wastelands despite the fact that many there voted Brexit.

Barryd999 - 2018-12-08 1:48 PM

Since always. Ive always supported the poor and charities that support them. I certainly dont want to see the regions I grew up in and worked in for years turn into wastelands despite the fact that many there voted Brexit.

Thought you went off to the big smoke and made ya fortune in that London , deserting the poor and needy in your local area and spending your money in the bars and top end restaurants there and not at the desperate local businesses and folk you now care so much about ??? ... Your a bit like one a them luvvies type actors who run off to the States for fame and fortune never to return yet claim an undying love for where they dumped ... Interesting-A-Mondo

Guest pelmetman

I don't recall you ever saying a word about them until after the referendum? *-) ...........

Guest pelmetman

I don't recall you ever saying a word about them until after the referendum? *-) ...........

antony1969 - 2018-12-08 2:12 PM

Thought you went off to the big smoke and made ya fortune in that London , deserting the poor and needy in your local area and spending your money in the bars and top end restaurants there and not at the desperate local businesses and folk you now care so much about ??? ... Your a bit like one a them luvvies type actors who run off to the States for fame and fortune never to return yet claim an undying love for where they dumped ... Interesting-A-Mondo

Ah I see. So in order to support the poor you have to be one. I never spent my money in the bars and top end restaurants of London, I spent someone elses Money in the bars and top end restaurants in London. (lol) In some respects thats cool as I was pishing the corporate tax avoiders stash against some wall in Soho.

Ive always paid my taxes, supported charities that help the homeless and less well off. I still occasionally pop into Darlo to throw a few out of date biscuits and stuff at the plebs. What more do you want?

Barryd999 - 2018-12-08 2:34 PM

Ah I see. So in order to support the poor you have to be one. I never spent my money in the bars and top end restaurants of London, I spent someone elses Money in the bars and top end restaurants in London. (lol) In some respects thats cool as I was pishing the corporate tax avoiders stash against some wall in Soho.

Ive always paid my taxes, supported charities that help the homeless and less well off. I still occasionally pop into Darlo to throw a few out of date biscuits and stuff at the plebs. What more do you want?

Youve gone all Hollywood Bullet style ... Ive not said you have to be poor like you claim unless you can show different ... Is a "corporate tax avoider" someone who breaks the law when paying tax or pays the legal amount owed ??? ... I bet if you were truthful you've either taken a cash payment or paid cash to someone to make it cheaper , you'll prolly deny it and I wont believe you if you do and that my friend will make you worse than the legal "corporate tax avoiders" ... Ive worked for all types who've paid me cash fully in the knowledge that if they did doing so made it cheaper for obvious reasons ... Coppers , teachers , tax office worker once , a school unbelievably etc etc

antony1969 - 2018-12-08 5:18 PM...……….. Ive worked for all types who've paid me cash fully in the knowledge that if they did doing so made it cheaper for obvious reasons ... Coppers , teachers , tax office worker once , a school unbelievably etc etc

Interesting admission on a public forum! Anyone work for HMRC? :-D

Brian Kirby - 2018-12-08 5:54 PM

antony1969 - 2018-12-08 5:18 PM...……….. Ive worked for all types who've paid me cash fully in the knowledge that if they did doing so made it cheaper for obvious reasons ... Coppers , teachers , tax office worker once , a school unbelievably etc etc

Interesting admission on a public forum! Anyone work for HMRC? :-D

Well depends on what the obvious reasons are me thinks

Brian Kirby - 2018-12-08 6:58 PM

The obvious, Antony is, well, obvious. Doesn't require a PhD to work out why cash transactions are usually cheaper for the buyer, does it?

Well possibly it is obvious Brian but I am just a thick country boy roofer who wouldnt know why it would make it cheaper for certain transactions ... I only make it cheaper because its easier for the customer to pay cash as they obviously have it at hand at that moment and I dont want them having large sums of cash hanging about their home and absolutely no other reason ... What it has to do with HMRC I just dont know B-)

antony1969 - 2018-12-08 7:16

I dont want them having large sums of cash hanging about their home and absolutely no other reason ... What it has to do with HMRC I just dont know B-)

How thoughtful.

As a consumer, of postage stamps, free range eggs, flatscreen TVs or roofing services I don’t have to account for my expenditure, or how I pay for stuff.

But as soon as it turns into income, it’s different.

That’s up to you, or any other business that submits accounts.

That’s what it’s got to do with HMRC

Snowie

snowie - 2018-12-08 8:42 PM

I dont want them having large sums of cash hanging about their home and absolutely no other reason ... What it has to do with HMRC I just dont know B-)

How thoughtful.

As a consumer, of postage stamps, free range eggs, flatscreen TVs or roofing services I don’t have to account for my expenditure, or how I pay for stuff.

Snowie

I've been self employed for many years and done reasonably well out of it ... I certainly don't need schooling on what I need to submit to HMRC ... If customer pays me by cash , bank transfer or cheque that has nothing to do with HMRC as long as I declare that income and nowhere have I said I do anything other than that

antony1969 - 2018-12-08 7:16 PM

The obvious, Antony is, well, obvious. Doesn't require a PhD to work out why cash transactions are usually cheaper for the buyer, does it?

Well possibly it is obvious Brian but I am just a thick country boy roofer who wouldnt know why it would make it cheaper for certain transactions ... I only make it cheaper because its easier for the customer to pay cash as they obviously have it at hand at that moment and I dont want them having large sums of cash hanging about their home and absolutely no other reason ... What it has to do with HMRC I just dont know B-)

Depends what you call "large sum of cash"? If talking over £100 or into four figures, only a fool would keep those amounts in the house to "have at hand". Only type i can think who might would be drug dealers, criminals and folk avoiding a 'paper trail' (cheques and banking).....like those not declaring all to HMRC. ;-)

antony1969 - 2018-12-08 9:04 PM

How thoughtful.

Snowie

I've been self employed for many years and done reasonably well out of it ... I certainly don't need schooling on what I need to submit to HMRC ...

Yet you "didn't know" what it had to do with HMRC.....unless you were feigning that ignorance? :-|

antony1969 - 2018-12-08 5:18 PM

Youve gone all Hollywood Bullet style ... Ive not said you have to be poor like you claim unless you can show different ... Is a "corporate tax avoider" someone who breaks the law when paying tax or pays the legal amount owed ??? ... I bet if you were truthful you've either taken a cash payment or paid cash to someone to make it cheaper , you'll prolly deny it and I wont believe you if you do and that my friend will make you worse than the legal "corporate tax avoiders" ... Ive worked for all types who've paid me cash fully in the knowledge that if they did doing so made it cheaper for obvious reasons ... Coppers , teachers , tax office worker once , a school unbelievably etc etc

Ive never paid cash for anything in business, I'm VAT registered and have to produce an invoice for everything as so are pretty much all of my clients. Most of what I do is business to business but as you know Im semi retired now so its very much small scale. Tax avoidance by small businesses is not in the same league as what the corporates or Jacob Reek Smugs sweaty little clients are hoping to get away with from swerving new EU directives on EU wide new tax laws, hence one of the reasons he and so many of the slimy little toads are so desperate to get out as quickly as possible.

Bulletguy - 2018-12-08 9:30 PM

antony1969 - 2018-12-08 9:04 PM

How thoughtful.

Snowie

I've been self employed for many years and done reasonably well out of it ... I certainly don't need schooling on what I need to submit to HMRC ...

Yet you "didn't know" what it had to do with HMRC.....unless you were feigning that ignorance? :-|[/quote

How I get paid has nothing to do with HMRC how much clearer can I be ... You'd do well to concentrate on your bully boy thread

Barryd999 - 2018-12-09 4:08 AM

antony1969 - 2018-12-08 5:18 PM

Ive never paid cash for anything in business, I'm VAT registered and have to produce an invoice for everything as so are pretty much all of my clients. Most of what I do is business to business but as you know Im semi retired now so its very much small scale. Tax avoidance by small businesses is not in the same league as what the corporates or Jacob Reek Smugs sweaty little clients are hoping to get away with from swerving new EU directives on EU wide new tax laws, hence one of the reasons he and so many of the slimy little toads are so desperate to get out as quickly as possible.

Rubbish , tax avoidance is tax avoidance whatever amount is involved and corporate tax avoidance which 99% of the time is legal is different to paying cash for items or receiving cash for work and not declaring it ... If you had two fuel garages in your village selling exactly the same fuel and one said if you paid cash he'd knock the VAT off which would you use and most of the members on here use ??? Exactly

Guest pelmetman

It doesn't require a Phd to work out what a customer means if they say ........"Is it cheaper for cash?"......

So who's the hypocrite? ;-) .........

Archived