Swine Flu- No joke for us :'(

colin

Just got to get this off my chest.

Just had to make urgent delivery of Tamiflu to gf at new bungalow, I'm now back at old house worrying about every little cough. Much as I'd like to make some oink oink jokes, gf should be looking after her ti mother at new house and I am supposed to be staying overnight at my mothers as she is on temp release from hospital, never rains but it pours.

For those in bedfordshire that don't know, it's here big time.

Hi Colin

Hope things improve very quickly for you and the family, fingers crossed.

Also, forgot to thank you for telling me of the site at Ridgemont. Don't recommend for long stay, but ok for a couple of days or so. Thanks again it was very handy for what we wanted to do.

Dave

Guest Tracker

I called the Swine Flu hotline … all I got was crackling

I heard that the first symptom is that you come out in rashers.

Another is that you get the trotts.

I woke up with pig tails this morning ... should I be worried?

The doctor asked me how long I'd had the symptoms of Swine Flu.

I said it must have been about a weeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

My mate says he's got Swine Flu - but I think he's just telling porkies.

The only known cure for Swine Flu in humans has been found to be the

liberal application of oinkment.

....and now this;

This little piggy went to market,

This little piggy stayed at home,

This little piggy had roast beef,

This little piggy had none.

And this little piggy had influenza A virus subtype hemagglutinin protein

1 neuraminidase protein 1

Swine flu, however, is not a problem for the pigs because they're all

going to be cured anyway.

The world's religious leaders have issued a joint declaration that the Swine Flu pandemic is the start of the aporkalypse.

Swine flu has now mixed with bird flu.

Scientists say they will find a cure when pigs fly.

I just heard on the news that, "Swine Flu could potentially be a threat to

every single person in the world".

If that's the case then I'm glad that I’m married.

This is not a time for panic.

It is no pig deal.

It is just a mild hamademic,

So don't believe all the spam you're getting.

Tracker - 2009-07-10 11:30 AM

I just heard on the news that, "Swine Flu could potentially be a threat to

every single person in the world".

If that's the case then I'm glad that I’m married.

Hell and Damnation, it will be that god feller punishing gf and me for nearly 30 years of living in sin :D

Update is rapid responce team making regular visits, but it seems a rubber and pencil had to be applied to rules, seems no one had considered family careers getting flu.

It is here in the South West as well. We dropped our two dogs of with a home boarding lady on Monday just for one night (their first time away from us ever and we are off to Australia for a month later this year so we want them to be accustomed to their temporary home) and she had a bad cough but said all was well.

We picked the dogs up on the Tuesday and she seemed a bit worse.

On the Wednesday she phoned us to say it was confirmed Swine Flu and that she thinks she got it from her grandson whose school has a confirmed outbreak. She was told be her GP practice to inform all that had been in contact with her and suggest we all stay at home for a few days which we have done.

Not sure if we have it or not because if we do it is very mild for us and came on very quickly - too quickly really for our contact with this lady to be the infectious route. But we may have got it from someone else of course.

We have both had what I call "sick headaches" over one eye and an elevated temperature with inability to think clearly or to find things like keys when you have just put them down and the bloody things are right in front of you!

Upset stomach and muzzy head and a loss of appetite. EVEN FOR WINE!

Friday night I usually enjoy a glass or three as I am not driving or working the next day but last night I looked at the bottle of my favourite Rioja and just put it back.

Hope to God that symptom is temporary. (lol)

CliveH - 2009-07-11 8:15 AM

It is here in the South West as well. We dropped our two dogs of with a home boarding lady on Monday just for one night (their first time away from us ever and we are off to Australia for a month later this year so we want them to be accustomed to their temporary home) and she had a bad cough but said all was well.

On the Wednesday she phoned us to say it was confirmed Swine Flu and that she thinks she got it from her grandson whose school has a confirmed outbreak. She was told be her GP practice to inform all that had been in contact with her and suggest we all stay at home for a few days which we have done.

Not sure if we have it or not because if we do it is very mild for us and came on very quickly - too quickly really for our contact with this lady to be the infectious route. But we may have got it from someone else of course.

We have both had what I call "sick headaches" over one eye and an elevated temperature with inability to think clearly or to find things like keys when you have just put them down and the bloody things are right in front of you!

Friday night I usually enjoy a glass or three as I am not driving or working the next day but last night I looked at the bottle of my favourite Rioja and just put it back.

I hope you have been on MHS direct Clive

maggyd - 2009-07-11 5:30 PM

CliveH - 2009-07-11 8:15 AM

I hope you have been on MHS direct Clive

Sorry Clive that should have read NHS direct!! someone came in the front door and put me off!! :-D thats my excuse anyway!! I went on there myself last week and ticked a few boxes, there is a number to ring if you have ticked the relevent ones!! I didnt bother as I was feeling a lot better than I had been!! having said that I now have had this Whatever it is for nearlly three weeks the only thing I didnt tick was hight temp; ( I couldnt really tell as the weather was roasting at the time and everyone was hot and bothered) and I didnt have a headache!!

nowtelse2do - 2009-07-11 11:56 PM

Jannie.

Choose your words a little bit more carefully, there are certain people on this forum that may misconstrued your meanings (Not me may i hasten to add). Hotel Bedrooms, Dribbling on pillows, plus 'PLUS' mild doses :$ :$

you plum :D

Dave

I have absolutely no idea to what you are alluding, sir 8-) :$ :D

J9withdogs - 2009-07-12 6:19 PM

nowtelse2do - 2009-07-11 11:56 PM

Jannie.

Choose your words a little bit more carefully, there are certain people on this forum that may misconstrued your meanings (Not me may i hasten to add). Hotel Bedrooms, Dribbling on pillows, plus 'PLUS' mild doses :$ :$

you plum :D

Dave

I have absolutely no idea to what you are alluding, sir 8-) :$ :D

Jannie,

Will start again, Ahmmm..!! clearing throat.

Madam,

I feel I'am warming slightly towards you (but with extreme caution) Why! because I have never been called Sir before. Pratt and similar yes, but never Sir.

So I think I should come to your defence against that man of the cloth

Tony (Hallelujah) Jones on that other thread about the sport of watching paint dry.

Tony, after closely watching my O/H this is how the sport go's.

First, remove tights. 'No not you Tony' you keep your on until it's your turn.

Remove paint on toes with stripper.

Blow on each toe until dry.

Then paint toes Cherry Red.

Now the exiting bit.............WATCH THE PAINT DRY.......WOW..!!!

Repeat above process twice.

Then revert to the first colour because that was the best colour.

Why do you ladies not put undercoat on first?

She then puts tights back on, shoes and coat on, then off to the shops.

By now the Tour de France stage is over, I'am sat in chair, totally exhausted.

There Jannie, I hope that helps.

Oh, by the way my contact in Southport says the rebuilding is going well,

And most of the young men have been found in and around the sand dunes but totally exhausted (they think its Swine Flue so you and Madam Joy look safe) They can't explain the feline type scratches on their backs though, apparently it's not a flu symptom, can you throw any light on this.

Sorry, didn't mean to say throw. Enlighten us is better.

Dave

:D

I think that if you are not directly linked to someone with Swine flu you automatically think, It won't happen to me or us.

But after reading about the little girl, not yet 7yrs old who scummed to it within 48hrs, it has hit home with me.

At this moment I'am watching my 7yr old granddaughter playing and laughing with her grandmother and thinking, in 48hrs she could be gone.

My heart goes out to her family and her little friends and school friends who will desperately miss her.

Colin, I hope thing's are getting better for you and to everyone who maybe affected.

Dave

Touching wood here! gf seems to be only one to catch it, she has just finished coa**e of Tamiflu, reacon she'll be pretty much over it by weekend, I had a small dose of something, hardly worth mentioning, doesn't seem to have been passed on to our respective mothers, but health care visitors (10 today!) still come with full precautions as address is red flagged.

p.s. ok so I spelt course wrong, no need to censor it just because it contained the letters 'árse' :D

Archived