8. "What the f#ck was that?" - Mayor Of Hiroshima, 1945

9. "I need this parade like I need a f#cking hole in the head!" - JFK, 1963

10. "Aw c'mon. Who the f#ck is going to find out?" - Bill Clinton, 1998

11. "Watch him, he'll have some f#cker's eye out" - Harold 1066

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tracker

This could have been a series of humorous quotes without the use of the F word which serves only to debase them in this posting in my view?

Why not lighten up Rupert and stop being so pointlessly abrasive - who knows you might even post something useful yourself oneday and that would be a first - but let's not all hold our breath while we wait!

If you don't like this Forum please do feel free not to visit us again.

Tracker - 2009-08-24 9:01 PM This could have been a series of humorous quotes without the use of the F word which serves only to debase them in this posting in my view? Why not lighten up Rupert and stop being so pointlessly abrasive - who knows you might even post something useful yourself oneday and that would be a first - but let's not all hold our breath while we wait! If you don't like this Forum please do feel free not to visit us again.

I love this forum, like many others it's just you I can't stand! And besides, we need for a bit of controversy, it's been as dead as a Dodo recently.

Anyway, just because I don't like filth why is that so wrong? After all your latest cringe-making sign-off line does say that there's no right or wrong way, just different!

Now, how do I acquire that throwing-up emoticon that Peter used to such good effect recently?

Guest Tracker
RupertGS - 2009-08-24 9:11 PM
Tracker - 2009-08-24 9:01 PM This could have been a series of humorous quotes without the use of the F word which serves only to debase them in this posting in my view? Why not lighten up Rupert and stop being so pointlessly abrasive - who knows you might even post something useful yourself oneday and that would be a first - but let's not all hold our breath while we wait! If you don't like this Forum please do feel free not to visit us again.

I love this forum, like many others it's just you I can't stand! And besides, we need for a bit of controversy, it's been as dead as a Dodo recently.

Anyway, just because I don't like filth why is that so wrong? After all your latest cringe-making sign-off line does say that there's no right or wrong way, just different!

Now, how do I acquire that throwing-up emoticon that Peter used to such good effect recently?

I'm not so keen on needless F words myself.I'm also not keen so on the few pompous pretentious self righteous and downright obnoxious people on this forum who are incapable of being pleasant to anyone and incapable of offering a helpful posting, of which you are a prime example.But by all means you just carry on throwing your insults and vitriol about and let the other users make their own judgements.That's my last word on this subject as I expect that you will not be happy unless you have your last word - so now is your big chance to make an impression!

To me the excessive use of the "F" word sounds cheapening of the person useing it, plus it sends the message of a lack of respect for the person that it is being used to/for.

BUT

Having said that I swear far too much and seem to be getting worse, has anyone found a way of decreasing ones swearing as I would like to stop it altogether if I could.

Have tried to stop several times but soon slip baci into my old bad habit

J9withdogs - 2009-08-25 7:49 AM

I think that the 'F' word is now considered acceptable for everyday use. I used it in an online game of Scrabble recently; the computer was happy to accept it and give me a handsome score!

Haven't come across it in MMM yet though.

malc d - 2009-08-25 8:30 AM

J9withdogs - 2009-08-25 7:49 AM

I think that the 'F' word is now considered acceptable for everyday use. I used it in an online game of Scrabble recently; the computer was happy to accept it and give me a handsome score!

Haven't come across it in MMM yet though.

And hope we never do Malc. Also have to disagree that it is now considered 'acceptable for every day use', and while there may be a time and place for such language it does show a lack of respect and common decency when used in most everyday occasions, especially in mixed company.

Worked in heavy construction most of my life so no stranger to hearing and using swearwords, but always in the right context, and something I would never tolerate at home or in front of anyone where it might cause offence, and those who think they are entitled to subject others to foul language show only their own lack of intelligence and complete disregard to those who may find it both distasteful and offensive.

Hiya Sid. Just think of your poor old Mum when you feel like swearing. Only once I swore in front of my Mother and that sadness and hurt on her face as lived with me forever. Never did it again and always a reminder that there are still some who might feel the same when it comes to swearing.

knight of the road - 2009-08-25 10:06 AM I wasn't offended by the post sent in by Desco regarding the "f" word, what is offensive is Ruperts attack on tracker. Tracker is a regular contributer to this forum, how often does Rupert post? Once every blue moon.

Hadn't you noticed that Tracker started it off by having a go at me when I'd never even mentioned his name?

Anyway, you're obviously still mad at me because I and a couple of others made you look silly after your offensive remarks about the Americans in Vietnam.

I must also add that if you believe the number of postings is relevant to a person's value than you're as silly as I've often thought you are. Your 800 and odd postings consist of a load of the most banal trivia about the weather, what you're doing that morning and your mate up the road with whom you seem obsessed. I only post when there's something that I really want to say, not just for the sake of it or because I'm a saddo with nothing else to do.

Finally, the fact that you are not in the least offended by a string of F words on a public forum speaks volumes for your moral values.

Oh, and I shall resist the temptation to have a Parthian shot at Tracker's rant - he's far to easy a target!

Rupert,

Because you may not swear or use the F word does not make you any better than anyone else, and just because someone does swear does not mean that their moral values are any lower than yours.

People in all walks of life swear and use the F word, even royalty, I am not mad at you for making me look small and I still stand by what I said about the Yanks that they cannot go to war on their own.

If the yanks are so good why did they not enter the first and second world wars at the beginning?

This is a chatterbox forum where members can post whatever they like, banal or trivial, if members had to wait until you was inspired to post something we would all be looking at a blank screen.

As regards swearing and the F word I only swear in the appropriate place and company and never in front of women and if I meet someone for the first time I dont swear unless they do, two swear words that I dont use are the B and C words as even I find them offensive

Hi all

Just back from the Hols, Glad to see the usual high standards being kept up whilst away. I was a truck driver most of my life so I assumed the "F" word meant Foden. Didn't know it meant something else. Howie did the same infront of my mum, only once and believe me she hurt me more than  ihurt her

Dave

knight of the road - 2009-08-25 3:20 PM Rupert, Because you may not swear or use the F word does not make you any better than anyone else, and just because someone does swear does not mean that their moral values are any lower than yours. People in all walks of life swear and use the F word, even royalty, I am not mad at you for making me look small and I still stand by what I said about the Yanks that they cannot go to war on their own. If the yanks are so good why did they not enter the first and second world wars at the beginning? This is a chatterbox forum where members can post whatever they like, banal or trivial, if members had to wait until you was inspired to post something we would all be looking at a blank screen. As regards swearing and the F word I only swear in the appropriate place and company and never in front of women and if I meet someone for the first time I dont swear unless they do, two swear words that I dont use are the B and C words as even I find them offensive

You really ought to give up whilst you're losing. I'll try to explain a couple of things in simple terms.

You ask why the Americans didn't enter the war at the beginning. It wasn't their bloody war that's why! Do you know nothing of history? The U.S.A. had no more obligation to enter a war between Britain and Germany that it would have had to enter a war between Uganda and Kenya! It finally entered the war because it was attacked by the Japanese at Pearl Harbour and you should thank your God that it did enter the war or there's a good chance you'd be speaking German by now.

Your other assertion that I'm not allowed to have a go at another user because he has more posts than I have is another example of your nonsense. A first time poster is just as equal on a public forum as is someone with a thousand posts and let's face it, most of us would rather have ten intelligent posts than a hundred of the dribble that you used to post every day when you proved that you'd an opinion on everything but knew nothing worthwhile about any subject.

At least twice you have made offensive and downright evil comments about different things, your attack on the Americans in Vietnam was a perfect example. On both occasions you were made to look silly by a number of members who took exception to your excesses and on both those occasions you said that you were leaving this forum because you'd had enough. But, like a bad penny you bounce back after a week or two of sulking.

When will you realise that you its better for you to stop creating controversy? You haven't the intellect to have a proper debate and you simply end up looking silly - if you want to have a go at me again, feel free but don't think I'll sit by and let you come out with the kind of nonsense that we've seen in the past.

Rupert,

Tell me why the Japanese attacked America at Pearl Harbour? And if the 1st and 2nd world wars was nothing to do with America why did they eventually wage war against Germany? Germany showed no hostility towards America, you also say that the site has been as dead as a Dodo of late and controversial posts are required and in the same breath you accuse me of sending in controversial posts.

Whilst I have a lot of admiration for some things American there are a lot of things that I dont like about the American dream.

As regards speaking German, I lived and worked in Germany for ten years, I lived in a little village called Langanselbold just outside Hanau.

So what is your reason for saying that you dont like Tracker? what harm has he done to you? Just out of curiosity, what age of a man are you, young, middle aged or elderly?

knight of the road - 2009-08-25 4:51 PM Rupert, Tell me why the Japanese attacked America at Pearl Harbour? And if the 1st and 2nd world wars was nothing to do with America why did they eventually wage war against Germany? Germany showed no hostility towards America, you also say that the site has been as dead as a Dodo of late and controversial posts are required and in the same breath you accuse me of sending in controversial posts. Whilst I have a lot of admiration for some things American there are a lot of things that I dont like about the American dream. As regards speaking German, I lived and worked in Germany for ten years, I lived in a little village called Langanselbold just outside Hanau. So what is your reason for saying that you dont like Tracker? what harm has he done to you? Just out of curiosity, what age of a man are you, young, middle aged or elderly?

Oh God here we go again! I quote:

The goal of this attack was to sufficiently cripple the US Fleet so that Japan could then attack and capture the Phillipines and Indo-China and so secure access to the raw materials needed to maintain its position as a global military and economic power. This would enable Japan to further extend the empire to include Australia, New Zealand, and India (the ultimate boundaries planned for the so-called "Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere"). The prevailing belief within the Japanese military and political establishment was that eventually, with the then expected German defeat of Great Britain and Soviet Russia, the United States' non-involvement in the European war, and Japan's control of the Pacific, that the world power structure would stabilize into three major spheres of influence:

Just as Hitler's invasion of Russia was a mistake (Stalingrad was undoubtedly the turning point of the war) so Japan's attack on Pearl Harbour was also a huge mistake for the Japanese. The Japanese commanders were themselves not to keen on the idea but were overruled by the politicians. Upon completion of the attack Admiral Yamamoto is quoted as saying "We have awakened a sleeping giant and have instilled in him a terrible resolve".

That's why Japan attacked Pearl Harbour! The truth is that you seem to have a dislike of the U.S. but you know nothing of history. Without the U.S. it is possible that we might have lost the war. Your attitude to America is best outlined by your disgraceful comment about how the 'Yanks' as you insist on calling them were only able to fight in Vietnam because the Australians were there to help them - I've already shown you what nonsense that it, but still you go on.

As I said, you are really not equipped for debates like this and you would be well advised to stop making some of your more ill-informed and controversial comments. And as for what I dislike about Tracker, well, like a few more of us you'll learn eventually that he's a absolute stirrer who has bragged for ages about how he loves to wind people up. It was lovely to see him wound up for a change a little higher in this post!

Knight of the road says:

" Germany showed no hostility towards America"

From what I recall of history Germany (as an ally of Japan) declared war on America.

That seems pretty hostile to me.

(... and Churchill was very relieved !)

:-|

nowtelse2do - 2009-08-25 3:48 PM

Hi all

Just back from the Hols, Glad to see the usual high standards being kept up whilst away. I was a truck driver most of my life so I assumed the "F" word meant Foden. Didn't know it meant something else. Howie did the same infront of my mum, only once and believe me she hurt me more than  ihurt her

Dave

I can well believe that Dave. Only a pup at the time, and thinking back it was the first time I realised that foul language is offensive to a lot of people and something we should all consider before using it.Nitpicking now. Lets assume that the F word is Anglo Saxon in origin, and around 5 or 6 hundred years old, then the first two examples are obviously wrong. No idea if ancient Hebrew had its own equivalent word, and Pythagarus would have used the Latin 'futuo', and i,m sure I heard once that there,s no swear words in the Japanese language, but stand to be corrected on that one. Always thought that the word in question was a arcronym for 'Fornicating Under Consent of the King', or something like that, and supprised that this government has,nt followed suit as a means of both control, and raising more revenue. Far fetched !. Don,t hold your breath.

RupertGS - 2009-08-25 5:16 PM

........... Without the U.S. it is possible that we might have lost the war. .................

The rest is, as they say, history! 

Regarding the above, and with all due deference to anyone on here old enough to have been involved, I think losing the war without American involvement would have been a racing certainty, and not just a possibility.  The same is also true of WW1 where, without American support we should have been at least bankrupt (as we nearly were by the end), and probably defeated.  The problem with war, apart from its sheer futility and loss of life and treasure, is that the history is written at the time by the victors.  It is only years later, when the classified documents start tumbling out, that the true history can be written.  To that extent, we are all prone to being the victims of popular mythology.  You're right, Rupert, but don't beat the guy up for sticking to the version of popular history his parents would have recognised.  Thousands do.

I do not think everything the Americans do is right, or clever, not by a country mile, but those Americans who came to France in WWI and 2, to fight in wars in which they had no need of involvement, have my greatest respect and gratitude.  They, and the ships, planes and tanks they brought with them, got us out of very deep holes indeed on both occasions: it's just a shame they have a tendency to throw that back in our faces from time to time.  :-)

As to whether we should all now be speaking German, I doubt it.  That is the silliest thing.  Hundreds of thousands of killed and wounded in a few years to defend ourselves against regimes that would, inevitably, have failed after a generation or two.  Why do I say that?  No facts, but it seems to me the lesson of history.  Greed for power and dominance always tempts someone, somewhere, to over reach, and in the process they destroy what they had.  The end of Empire may be a bit ignoble, and have some rather patchy results here and there, but at least we seem to have managed the collapse without too much acrimony.  Loss of life, yes, but even so most of the old Empire assimilated into the Commonwealth, and most still talk to each other, and us, without too many insults being hurled.

I just wish we would stick to national defence, and give up on this world policeman idea.  It may be well intentioned (at some level), but I'm sure it creates more problems than it solves, and that those problems will come back to haunt us.

America is not whiter than white and does not always wear the white hat of the goody, if America gives help to any other country there is a high price to pay, America will want to dominate that country.

If the US was such a good friend of Britain and Europe why did the US come into the 1st world war at such a late stage?

Prior to WW1, Germany was an industrial powerhouse dominating most of the world markets they had taken on the role of the workshop of the world far exceeding Britains output.

America was an emerging industrial powerhouse and looked at the German world markets with envy, when Germany and Britain had fought themselves to a standstill they played their ace card by coming into the war pouring fresh young troops, money and arms into the fight, when the war ended Britain and Germany were broken leaving a clear field for the US to pick up the world markets.

America was using its financial muscle to to dominate the world, so why did Japan attack Pearl Harbour? as retaliation for the treatment handed out by the US government in trying to stop Japanese business expansion?

Nobody can tell me that the US did not know that Japan was planning to attack Pearl Harbour, I dont care what anyone says, America knew that attack was imminant and sacrificed the lives of all those Americans that were killed on that day.

So why was there such a big US presence in that part of the world? If America did not want to get embroiled in another European war why were they there? as observers or just to antagonise the Japs into attacking the US?

American big business is responsible for a lot of the worlds ills.

What an ill-informed, unintelligent and objectionable person you are. What proof have you for yet another positively evil comment when you say that the U.S. knew that the Japan was about to attack Pearl Harbour? To state that they purposely allowed the attack, which cost both military and civilian lives and destroyed almost their entire Pacific fleet is not only reprehensible but downright stupid.

My advice to you is to stop making ill-informed comments on subjects of which you are completely ignorant and to stop visiting the anti-U.S.A. conspiracy sites that you appear to have been reading.

Your obvious antipathy to the U.S. is completely over-riding what little brain you have. Stop opening your mouth and putting your foot in it every time.

Now, give me a list of countries that America has helped and now, as you claim, totally dominates. Is it the U.K, France, Holland, Belgium, Vietnam or even Japan? On my last trip to the Hawaiian Islands the main thing that stood out from previous visits was the Japanese domination of the state, with vast amounts of real estate and companies now Japanese owned.

America is the biggest world power, but that's not because it wants hegemony over anyone. It's the biggest because it's the largest Western country and the most free. Compare the economy of the U.S. with that of Russia, which has no innovative industry whatsoever and whose only asset is its mineral reserves. You should thank God that the world's largest superpower is the U.S. It may not be perfect but it's better than most and anyway, why shouldn't it look after its own interests? Most countries do but some, like the U.S. and the other Western democracies do it responsibly.

Archived