THE PC BRIGADE

michele

Is it wrong not to do the PC bit when you meet people ?

I ask because I can't do it no matter how hard I try . Whats wrong with good old fashioned ways these days .

Why not say it as you see it whats wrong with that . I would rather be stabbed in the chest than in the back so to speak at least you can see it coming at you .

Do you all do PC ?

I am always polite but I just cant get these fancy words :D I think its the dyslexic side of me that dont retain the posh words :D

Hi Michele, bit confused what you mean, but I don't do posh words because I always use the wrong one. Sometimes I realise much later on in the day and then feel stupid. I told my Headmistress I didn't want to go to college I wanted to be a 'cleric'....... I meant clerk. I didn't do either as it happened but as someone always in trouble at school I think she was shocked into silence at my wanting to go into the church.....

Joy

(PS we're waiting for you to start a new What am I no. 2)

So its seems I am not the only one .

I just get so sick of listening to waffel Spit it out . Why is it people see Forthrightness as agressiveness .

Why say Oh I think you are so wrong I dont agree with you waffel waffel

polite waffel when what you really want to say is you're an Arse .

Actually that dont sound right does it I dont run around calling people Arse 's only some . :D What i am trying as usual to say is there is all this PC words going on and its a long drawn out way just to say what you feel .

some people sit there thinking that not what I wanted to say or sthey have not quite got that . SO why notjust say it

I think you have to see it from another point of view - how would you feel if someone said or did whatever to someone close to you - and if you're ok with that then it's probably ok

my mum has alzheimer's and I've seen her devastated because some insensitive oik has said something nasty about her - because she's struggling to cope - or pushed her out of the way - because her balance is effected and she can't move quickly.

as Billy [big yin] C says - walk a mile in someone's shoes,

and they'll not catch you up easily ;-))

B-)

best way to deal with a lot of people is to walk away, you're never going to convince them of your point of view, or even your right to have a point of view that's different to theirs, so why waste your time - you only give yourself a headache.

of course, what I believe is a good idea - and what I do in practice ?????

is miles apart :-S *-) in someone elses shoes perhaps

B-)

twooks - 2008-05-13 5:45 PM

I think you have to see it from another point of view - how would you feel if someone said or did whatever to someone close to you - and if you're ok with that then it's probably ok

my mum has alzheimer's and I've seen her devastated because some insensitive oik has said something nasty about her - because she's struggling to cope - or pushed her out of the way - because her balance is effected and she can't move quickly.

as Billy [big yin] C says - walk a mile in someone's shoes,

)

B-)

:D :D Jackie,

trust me I didnt explain it right again ..I don't mean be nasty to people but for example if I saw or worked with your mum and any one done anything to her pushed her lets say . The way I would broach it also depending on body language of the person (If I could see they meant it ) is to say to that person Oh I take it you meant to say you were sorry to this lady ..

Instead of saying Oh dear excuse me but you have knocked this lady over

Depending on the reply eg oh yes sorry i didnt mean to knock her over I am sorry .If they said that then it would be apology excepted .

If not I would be straight in for the kill round the jugular .

And i am certainly not talking about being rude or offensive to people especially elderly or the like ...Again they wouldnt do it if I was there this is what I am trying to say because I have the guts to pull ignorant people like that I seem to upset them :D just being forthright does not make me agressive ...OH gawd i hope that makes sense. *-)

I think the problem - or at least what pisses me off is when people justify rudeness with the claim that they are simply speaking their mind /

it's a fine line, not an easy one to walk -

- in anybody's shoes :D

B-)

Guest peter
I'm with you Michele. I was coming out of Lidl's yesterrday and some ignorant oik had stopped his old white Transit right on the crossing so his fat lazy wife could get out and didn't have to walk more than a few paces. I pointed out to him that it was a crossing and he told me to F' off. I saw red and said "You what", he put his heap in gear and started to drive off. As he did so I rammed my trolley into the side of his van. He thought better of it than to stop and get out , so carried on. Boy did that feel good. He must have been about my age (62), so should have been more considerate. But age has nothing to do with it, even oldies can be beligerant and arrogant. Probably just as well he didn't stop as I'm only 11.5 stone and 5'7" and would maybe have given me a right pasting. But obviously he thought differently. :D

I nominate Peter for the red badge of courage award -

one of the things I like about reading Bryson is his way of taking revenge on all the dipsticks that cross his path, like shoot 'em with a ray gun etc etc

B-)

Ok How about this then .

Child P has behaviour problems likes to get his own way and often gets his own way ...Not with me and certaily not because he wants it only when he deserves it .... School MRs B can you keep child P at home tomorrow ..Oh why is that .well we are having a change over day and we dont think child P will cope with it ... Oh I see ( now I now its not the child )

Dont you mean your staff wont cope with it and you are asking me to keep the child from school for the day ....more waffel .....But its to late i have actually spoken my mind now they dont like it ....

I certainly dont think i have been agressive or rude just saying the truth but people dont like it why is that ?

Cos some people will never admit they can't cope, or don't know something .... it is ALWAYS someone else's fault/failings that cause a problem .... in their eyes. Schools I think are the worst.

I worked as a school secretary for a while and there were several conversations from the school head to worried parents ...."There is NO bullying in MY school." Well, sorry there is. And the worst bully was actually the Headmistress herself.

If there is a problem some people find it easier to make out it is due to someone else's failings and then make out they are trying to help THAT person. If that is the case as you quote, why could they not just be honest and ask is it possible please to keep child P at home for the changeover as we will be struggling that day and don't have the staff to give child P the attention he/she will need. I know it is inconvenient but it would help us tremendously. Sincere apologies.

Joy

Just read the bit with the van Peter - and yes well done for having a go.

It reminded me of something my father told us many years back - in the 1960's. We lived in Hastings on the south coast and he was appalled to see a car drive through a Zebra Crossing forcing an old lady to stop on the crossing. Next thing he new some leather clad Rockers with "long hair and studs in their jackets" leaped forward and one of them landed a kick in the rear wing of the car putting a huge dent in it.

The driver just looked back and then drove off!

They then asked if the old lady was alright and then off they went.

"Never judge a book by its cover" - was my Fathers summation.

Guest peter
Very true Clive. Look at all the work "Hells Angels" do for kids charities, and some of the smartest dressed and weathy can be the most selfish and arrogant *rseholes it could be your misfortune to meet.

Archived