THE Peoples Vote March

Bulletguy

Wow......an estimated 670,000 people on the People's Vote march to London's Parliament Square. Some 150 coach loads of people from across the UK - including as far away from London as Orkney - travelled to the March for the Future, which started in Park Lane. :-D

Power to the people. B-)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45925542

Meantime in Harrogate Farage rallied 'his' troops......what few that turned up. :-|

Seems Niges booze went down better than his speech too. Changed his tune from 'unfinished business and 2nd referendum' of course. *-)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2018-10-20 8:15 PM

"Estimated" ... Normally means no where near ... Prolly nearer 400.000 ...

"... which supporters say attracted approximately 700,000 protesters."

https://www.channel4.com/news/more-than-half-a-million-march-in-london-for-peoples-vote-on-brexit-supporters-say

Brexit is losing what support it thought it once had.

"A recent poll found that more than 70 per cent of the LGBTI community supported a public vote on the final Brexit deal and around two thirds would now vote Remain. "Polling seems to indicate Brexit is going to be bad for Britain and that our LGBTI community is more worried about than the average person.

"Nobody voted for the mess we're in. There's a particular impact on the LGBTI community from Brexit. Europe has been good to our community."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-march-why-peoples-vote-protest-will-have-strong-lgbti-element-a3966391.html

The Iraq war protest got a million ... Embarrassing

"The British Stop the War Coalition (StWC) claimed the protest in London was the largest political demonstration in the city's history. Police estimated attendance as well in excess of 750,000 people and the BBC estimated that around a million attended."

According to you 'estimated' means 'nowhere near'. Embarrassed? Maybe take another re-think on that one eh?

Let's say your correct ... 1% of the population turned up to protest what in their view is the most important political decision in years and years and will in their view bring the country down ... Now the Iraq war demo got way more and that wasn't anything like as big a deal for team UK as this ... I'd say it was a fail

antony1969 - 2018-10-20 9:48 PM

Let's say your correct ... 1% of the population turned up to protest what in their view is the most important political decision in years and years and will in their view bring the country down ... Now the Iraq war demo got way more and that wasn't anything like as big a deal for team UK as this ...

Playing with semantics won't alter the fact The Peoples Vote march was a massive turnout and you previously said 'estimated' meant 'nowhere near', yet when i show you the identical words were used to describe the numbers at the Iraq demo you claim "they got way more"!

I'd say it was a fail

Well you would say that wouldn't you? You have to.

Apparently just 1200 Brexiters turned up in Harrogate for the pro-Brexit "march". Now that does look more like a fail....in fact a major flop.

Let's say your correct ... 1% of the population turned up to protest what in their view is the most important political decision in years and years and will in their view bring the country down ... Now the Iraq war demo got way more and that wasn't anything like as big a deal for team UK as this ... I'd say it was a fail

Hmm. The government (Well Blair) didnt listen that time and look how that turned out. Just sayin. The people were right then and they are right now. What could be more democratic than letting the public make the final decision on the deal seeing as we dont know what it is yet? The margins were so close and we know so much more now so they may decide to remain. Whatever they decide it will be the "will of the people" wont it?

Barryd999 - 2018-10-20 11:34 PM

Hmm. The government (Well Blair) didnt listen that time and look how that turned out. Just sayin. The people were right then and they are right now. What could be more democratic than letting the public make the final decision on the deal seeing as we dont know what it is yet? The margins were so close and we know so much more now so they may decide to remain. Whatever they decide it will be the "will of the people" wont it?

We had the "will of the people" 2 years ago but you still haven't the will to accept it ... You need something dramatic to change because government stance is no second referendum ... Tick tock tick tock ... I thought you'd have smashed the million mark on such a lovely day but you got nowhere near ... 99% of us didn't go to the march

More than 400000 turned out for the countryside/fox hunting march in London and they mostly came from way outside London not like those who mainly turned up yesterday from the twendie London areas ... Where was Farages "Brexit march" ??? I thought it was a meeting at Harrogate Convention Centre

antony1969 - 2018-10-21 8:05 AM

We had the "will of the people" 2 years ago but you still haven't the will to accept it ... You need something dramatic to change because government stance is no second referendum ... Tick tock tick tock ... I thought you'd have smashed the million mark on such a lovely day but you got nowhere near ... 99% of us didn't go to the march

I dont accept it as I no longer believe it will be the will of the people and as we haven't left yet there is still time to see if it is. I am sure nobody wants a crap deal or no deal. I might be wrong, perhaps they do. Shouldnt we find out?

Barryd999 - 2018-10-21 8:46 AM

I dont accept it as I no longer believe it will be the will of the people and as we haven't left yet there is still time to see if it is. I am sure nobody wants a crap deal or no deal. I might be wrong, perhaps they do. Shouldnt we find out?

Barry you haven't accepted it since day one and I don't believe youd have accepted it what ever the majority if you were honest ... What I see are a lot of losers who don't when it boils down to it like that the working class decided such an important issue ... They have a go at the old for the vote but daren't go as far as also blaming the working class

Guest pelmetman

670,000 people going for a walk in London think they've changed the mind of 17.4 million into wanting "A Peoples Vote" ? ...........

"As well as their usual trackers, the Opinium poll also had some questions on the Brexit deal and what comes next. Asked how likely they think it is that there will be a “satisfactory” deal by March 2019, 26% think it is likely, 50% think it is unlikely. Satisfactory is, of course, in the eye of the beholder – some people presumably think there will be deal, but that it will be an “unsatisfactory” one, as the next question asked what people think is the most likely outcome – 30% expect us to leave with a deal next March, 33% to leave without a deal, 16% that we will not leave in March 2019.

The poll also asked what should happen next if there is no deal, or Parliament does not approve a deal. In the event of no deal at all, 14% think there should be a general election, 23% a new referendum, 13% an extension in order to continue negotiations, and 32% that Britain should just leave without a deal. In the event that a deal is struck, but Parliament rejects it, 12% think there should be a general election, 10% a deal vs no deal referendum, 20% a deal vs remain referendum, 14% that the government should return to negotiations, 25% that Britain should just leave without a deal."

So that's a NO then.....as just 23% want another referendum (lol) .........

Better still 25% want to leave without a deal B-) ...........

antony1969 - 2018-10-21 9:17 AM

Barry you haven't accepted it since day one and I don't believe youd have accepted it what ever the majority if you were honest ... What I see are a lot of losers who don't when it boils down to it like that the working class decided such an important issue ... They have a go at the old for the vote but daren't go as far as also blaming the working class

Not true at all Antony about the first bit. I always said there should have either been a super majority required and / or two referendums once we know the final deal. Thats how most civilised countries carry out such major changes by referendum. If there had been say a 65% minimum for leave vs 35% I think that would have been substantial enough and reluctantly you would have to accept it and hope that with such a decisive result there wouldnt be the division we have now both with the public and Parliament. As soon as the vote was split it was doomed. It could have gone the other way the next week. Thats no basis to make the biggest change to our country since WW2. Thats why its fubared. Nobody including our government can make up their minds.

pelmetman - 2018-10-21 9:24 AM

670,000 people going for a walk in London think they've changed the mind of 17.4 million into wanting "A Peoples Vote" ? ...........

"As well as their usual trackers, the Opinium poll also had some questions on the Brexit deal and what comes next. Asked how likely they think it is that there will be a “satisfactory” deal by March 2019, 26% think it is likely, 50% think it is unlikely. Satisfactory is, of course, in the eye of the beholder – some people presumably think there will be deal, but that it will be an “unsatisfactory” one, as the next question asked what people think is the most likely outcome – 30% expect us to leave with a deal next March, 33% to leave without a deal, 16% that we will not leave in March 2019.

The poll also asked what should happen next if there is no deal, or Parliament does not approve a deal. In the event of no deal at all, 14% think there should be a general election, 23% a new referendum, 13% an extension in order to continue negotiations, and 32% that Britain should just leave without a deal. In the event that a deal is struck, but Parliament rejects it, 12% think there should be a general election, 10% a deal vs no deal referendum, 20% a deal vs remain referendum, 14% that the government should return to negotiations, 25% that Britain should just leave without a deal."

Hmm. Source? Link?

Barryd999 - 2018-10-21 10:32 AM

antony1969 - 2018-10-21 9:17 AM

Not true at all Antony about the first bit. I always said there should have either been a super majority required and / or two referendums once we know the final deal. Thats how most civilised countries carry out such major changes by referendum. If there had been say a 65% minimum for leave vs 35% I think that would have been substantial enough and reluctantly you would have to accept it and hope that with such a decisive result there wouldnt be the division we have now both with the public and Parliament. As soon as the vote was split it was doomed. It could have gone the other way the next week. Thats no basis to make the biggest change to our country since WW2. Thats why its fubared. Nobody including our government can make up their minds.

Was there a 65/35% minimum to join the EU originally Barry ??? ... I dont remember you saying either of those things you claim before the referendum ???

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-10-21 10:33 AM

Hmm. Source? Link?

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

:D ...........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-10-21 10:32 AM

Not true at all Antony about the first bit. I always said there should have either been a super majority required

How very democratic *-) ........

Perhaps we should apply those rules to the next referendum???? >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-10-21 2:48 PM

Hmm. Source? Link?

A snapshot 'poll' of 1647 people over a 24hr period! (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-10-21 4:05 PM

Hmm. Source? Link?

Yeah.......Like that's what pollsters do *-) .........

Which is why the current polls having barely moved means ........

Feck all's changed since the 23rd of June 2016 >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-10-21 4:53 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-10-21 4:05 PM

Hmm. Source? Link?

Yeah.......Like that's what pollsters do *-) .........

Which is why the current polls having barely moved means ........

Feck all's changed since the 23rd of June 2016 >:-) ..........

Hhhmm.....not seeming that way to me hence the reason you Brexiters are foaming at the mouth and pooing yourselves at the thought of being challenged. You've lost what bit of blustering self confidence you once had......but Remainers knew the little you once had wouldn't last and we're now seeing the fear you have.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/this-poll-shows-millions-of-brexit-voters-now-want-to-remain-in-the-eu-2018-9

The new polling showed 59 percent of voters would now vote to remain in the bloc, versus 41 percent who would opt to leave.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-polls/britain-would-now-vote-to-stay-in-the-eu-new-poll-shows-idUSKCN1LK2U4

More than 100 seats that backed Brexit now want to remain in EU

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/aug/11/more-than-100-pro-leave-constituencies-switch-to-remain

UK would now vote 54-46 to stay in EU, new poll suggests

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-final-say-remain-leave-new-poll-latest-news-uk-a8524431.html

Archived