TV licence fee

malc d

I see the majority of MPs have supported a £3 increase in the licence fee.

I read on the Telegraph online site the other day that last year the BBC spent £24.5 million on hotels and conferences and £15 million on air travel.

Also chauffeur driven cars for the director general and his deputy cost another £100,000.

Maybe it's time we saw details of where this tax is spent, on-line.

I get the impression that the BBC already has more money than it needs.

:-(

I expect that's because many MP's are confident they can fiddle the increase through their expenses, like they have done for the rises in income tax, road tax, fuel tax, capital gains tax, national insurance (tax) and stamp duty (tax) they have foisted on the rest of us.

The BBC's bloated salaries and the issues you mentioned must have a negative effect on their commercial rivals who feel compelled to compete for "talent" and pay what is a totally false, grossly inflated "market rate".

The BBC should be confined to 2 national TV channels and 2 national radio stations and the licence fee (tax) set accordingly. It should be required to maximise overseas sales for what it produces for those channels and the proceeds used to reduce the need for future rises in the licence fee.

Bob

Archived