Technofear

howie

When I first bought this laptop my family got their heads together and I was allocated a small corner at the far end of the room. This I presume was so they could watch telly in peace and quiet while I amused myself. Technical data holds no interest for me whatsoever, and while I have to admit, some of the the guys on these forums certainly know their onions I can only say that if the winky valve on the van packs in, then i,d simply go out and buy another. Problem solved. What really intrigues me is this message you get when you press the submit button. It says that in one second your message will turn up on the forum page, and it does. Amazing. Now the modum thingy is up in the back bedroom, so this message has to travel down the room, across the hallway and up the stairs before disappearing into the socket, something that takes me two or three minutes. And what if the doors are closed. I fitted them myself and admit there is plenty of room for the signal to squeeze through, but still a small delay. From here it goes who knows where. Bounced off half a dozen sats. and twice round the moon for all I know but still arriving at its destination in the promised time. What worries me is when you hear of some relatively small computer going down such as air traffic control or in the financial sector causing so much chaos. If something major happens I fear we will all return to something akin to the dark ages, and again, our reliance on techology is such that there,s no turning back. Howard.

MAGIC (lol) It's like the car: so long as she starts in the morning, I don't bother with what's under the bonnet! ;-) Cooking - hubby is the Chef :-D I can just about put on the kettle but how it works Survival of the fittest if push comes to shove ......... *-)

Hello Lizzy. Glad to hear you enjoyed the show over the weekend, although a little disappointed that you have put off buying a van at least for the near future. Big decision to make mind, and if your not absolutely sure then its the right one. Nothing caught our eye re. the vans on show and with so many to see they all started to look the same by the end of the day. Quite happy with the one we have at the moment but no harm in looking. Bought a few small items, one of which was the revolving daisy sprinkler. Only £5 and I could,nt resist it. Tried it yesterday and it lasted about 30 seconds before the daisy part took off and just like one of your hubbys arrows, fell to earth I know not where. Not strictly true as its stuck between the fishpond and next doors wall. I think i,ll leave it there as a reminder not to waste my money in future. Never mind. Taking the wife and mother in law to Tescos in the morning and already having trouble containing my excitement. Howard.

Those daisies are fun ;-) So can Tesco be - when I'm walking away with a loaded trolley (!) :-D As for a 'van - the hunt remains on! Lots to consider etc........ I was the lady with the clip board and long list of 'things to search for' :-) also the lady who fell out of one of the Kentucky motor homes 'cos the step was too steep and I forgot .......... :$ Pity the dealers didn't put all the fixed bed models together; the rear kitchesn together; the rear bathrooms together ......... they need a woman to organise them *-)

Talking about clipboards reminds me of taking my own advice Lizzy. I was going to start a thread on the show, but three days later i,ve forgotten most of what I saw. As for leaving women to organise things, you might just as well nominate Atilla for this years Nobel peace prize. Howard.

hi Lizzy, we too are in Northants and looking to by a motor home with fixed back bed. We are going to the show in York next week as that is my home stomping ground and my mum lives there so doing 2 things in one. We also want a laptop to be able to take with us but no clue as to what we will need or the cost of it yet. Love your messages, really enjoying it on here, learning loads too. how do I get the faces on screen , every time I move one I just get text??

sounds a great idea, I know Towcester quite well. Went to Brownhills in Cannoc last week well Wests next door, they where excellent , and we found just the design we wanted, just need the money now. The sales guys in there where both really helpful, and not condecending like so many can be and told us to take our time. Are the stars on here the same as you get in Mc donalds, for going on training courses, or are they just for the amount experiences you have had.

Archived