Terry 1956. Nice bloke? (not)

Guest peter

Guest peter

Got a PM from the above today and here it is "WHY DON,T YOU feck OFF".

I presume it's retaliation for my only post in the now suspect "Gas Gas Gas " thread in Motorhome Matters. I wonder how many of the other contributors recieved a similar PM for their responses. As many were a lot more sceptical than mine. Some being almost a p*ss take.

Guest starspirit

That's sort of response from '1956' is a bit uncalled for Peter.

I've never (yet) had a nasty pm or email and neither have I sent one - not that I have ever upset anyone - yeah right!

Any comments regarding submissions on here should be posted on here in public and written without recourse to that sort of language.

Perhaps the moderator might take note please for future reference?

I've had several PMs of people about all manner of things and all nice except one that was quite nasty, I duly replied politely but to the point telling the sender not to do it again and didn't hear anything from that person again.

:-|

Guest peter
CliveH - 2007-03-20 9:32 PM

Sadly a lot of people with difficult lives take out their frustrations from the safety of behind a keyboard.

Best to do as Mel B did and be polite but firm.

It's quite sad really.

Or expose them for the internet bullies they obviously are.

Guest Frank Wilkinson
peter - 2007-03-20 8:54 PM Got a PM from the above today and here it is "WHY DON,T YOU feck OFF". I presume it's retaliation for my only post in the now suspect "Gas Gas Gas " thread in Motorhome Matters. I wonder how many of the other contributors recieved a similar PM for their responses. As many were a lot more sceptical than mine. Some being almost a p*ss take.

I'm sorry Peter but I must agree with him that you're a truly terrible person! I find it very distressing accessing these forums these days when there are coves like you always voicing their strong opinions and arguing with people.

Sometimes I'm so upset that I'm tempted to send you a really strong PM along the lines of: "Golly gosh old chap, that's frightfully ill-mannered of you. Please refrain from such jolly bad form!" :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D :-D  

Guest peter
Frank Wilkinson - 2007-03-20 10:28 PM
peter - 2007-03-20 8:54 PM Got a PM from the above today and here it is "WHY DON,T YOU feck OFF". I presume it's retaliation for my only post in the now suspect "Gas Gas Gas " thread in Motorhome Matters. I wonder how many of the other contributors recieved a similar PM for their responses. As many were a lot more sceptical than mine. Some being almost a p*ss take.

I'm sorry Peter but I must agree with him that you're a truly terrible person! I find it very distressing accessing these forums these days when there are coves like you always voicing their strong opinions and arguing with people.

Sometimes I'm so upset that I'm tempted to send you a really strong PM along the lines of: "Golly gosh old chap, that's frightfully ill-mannered of you. Please refrain from such jolly bad form!"

I'm sure you are upset Frank. (not) I would hope that your skin is a bit thicker than that. And I truly hope you are joking as I wouldn't like to think I have upset you, as you seem like a fairly well balanced sort of bloke. A bit blunt at times, as a lot of us are. But hey it's all good natured banter at worst.

Guest peter
Frank Wilkinson - 2007-03-20 10:42 PM

I've edited my post to let you know how truly serious I am!

That's more like it Frank. Although the wording of the PM bit was a dead giveaway.

Guest peter
starspirit - 2007-03-20 9:05 PM

That's sort of response from '1956' is a bit uncalled for Peter.

I've never (yet) had a nasty pm or email

You sound almost disappointed Richard. I'm sure a few people could oblige and send you one. (lol) :D

If you receive a PM that is abusive, rude or otherwise breaks the Forum Acceptable Use Policy then please inform the Forum Moderator by email.

While we can spot bad behaviour on the forums themselves (most of the time at least!), we don't go rooting around in people's PM folders - so the only way we can help is if you let us know when there's a problem.

Hello Peter,

This does not surprise me at all. If you post regularly on any forum especially any controversial opinion (not that your comment was) about politics, race, religion or it seems Gas Attacks sooner or later someone with an axe to grind or a VESTED INTEREST will put together an attack either openly or by PM or E-mail.

You are lucky that the comment was just bad language. On another forum I called into doubt the truth of gas attacks and received a PM threatening physical harm (not put in such a nice way) if I continued to, in his words "Harm my business". What these people do not realise is that even hiding behind an alias does not mean they cannot be traced and identified. In my case he received a police caution after being traced via the ISP.

The OAL Moderator has given the answer to dealing with these types of personal abuse.

Regards,

Mike.

peter - 2007-03-20 8:54 PM ..... "WHY DON,T YOU feck OFF".....

Peter

Well, your reply to him might have come across as just a teensy bit brusque, though I had exactly the same initial reaction myself.  However, this should not be taken as an excuse for his lousy spelling, punctuation, capitalisation or sentiment!

Still, wouldn't do for us all to be the same, would it?  Remember: "all the world is strange, except for thee and me, and even thee's a little queer". 

(Note for the young and easily shocked: "queer" is old English for odd, and has no further connotations in this context.)

Guest Frank Wilkinson
Brian Kirby - 2007-03-21 10:55 AM
peter - 2007-03-20 8:54 PM ..... "WHY DON,T YOU feck OFF".....

Peter

Well, your reply to him might have come across as just a teensy bit brusque, though I had exactly the same initial reaction myself.  However, this should not be taken as an excuse for his lousy spelling, punctuation, capitalisation or sentiment!

Mmmmm! People who live in glass houses? Energys (energies), philosophys (philosophies) loose (lose). If you lose weight your trousers will be loose!

Guest Frank Wilkinson

Anyway, I'm glad that this subject has been raised because I'm getting fed up with all of the PMs from the female members of this site who constantly badger me with requests for a liaison and who wantonly offer themselves to me.

Please girls - stop this behaviour. I'm a happily married man!

Guest starspirit

And I thought it was just me getting all those amazing offers.

However I do bow deferentially to you lucky guys wot have so much charismatic influence on the fair (or is that unfair) sex.

I do hope that none of you nice guys pull a muscle in your endeavours.

Mind you it could also be said that a muscle is about the only thing that any of us will ever pull.

Frank Wilkinson - 2007-03-21 11:12 AM

Mmmmm! People who live in glass houses? Energys (energies), philosophys (philosophies) loose (lose). If you lose weight your trousers will be loose!

Touché Frank.  However, they weren’t in this post, they did have more than one syllable, and they contain more than four letters.  I just think if you’re going to abuse someone in writing, you at least owe it to yourself and him to get it right.  Watch your rear view mirror!

Guest peter
starspirit - 2007-03-21 12:35 PM

And I thought it was just me getting all those amazing offers.

However I do bow deferentially to you lucky guys wot have so much charismatic influence on the fair (or is that unfair) sex.

I do hope that none of you nice guys pull a muscle in your endeavours.

Mind you it could also be said that a muscle is about the only thing that any of us will ever pull.

Richard....When you are your age, your muscle (sic) is probably the only thing you will manage to pull. :D

Guest peter
Frank Wilkinson - 2007-03-21 11:15 AM

Anyway, I'm glad that this subject has been raised because I'm getting fed up with all of the PMs from the female members of this site who constantly badger me with requests for a liaison and who wantonly offer themselves to me.

Please girls - stop this behaviour. I'm a happily married man!

Actually Frank, that was me using a pseudonym. But it had you going for a while with all those graphically salacious replies you sent. (lol) :D (lol)

Guest starspirit

Good morning to you sweet Pink Fluffy Bunny

I always thought that you're a honey

with two twinkling eyes and loadsa money

and a sense of humour oh so funny.

Archived