Tesco Vouchers To Get to France via Dover

emmitdb

Greetings All,

Maybe you all know this but recently I've been searching a ferry deal and found out that Tesco vouchers can be used to pay in part or all a P and O Ferry out of Dover to Calais.

It doesn't say so on the Tesco Clubcard site (it only quotes the longer routes) but I've just cashed in £38 of vouchers that has paid for my return ferry crossing completely.(Car under 5mts caravan 7.26mts ,two persons out and back at reasonable times, ie not in the middle of the night!

I thought that with about a month to go before the issue of more Tesco Vouchers this info may come in useful

Oh by the way, instead of using that 0870 No. that P&O quote you can get through to their reservation dept. on 01304 864003

we have just paid with the vouchers to go from portsmouth-bilbao, didn't cost us a penny. You can also apply for a tesco credit card and get more points. We buy everything we can ,with the card and pay off the bill every month via standing order,that way, you have no interest to pay.

choppa

mansell - 2007-01-29 9:30 AM

They also work on the shuttle. Mark do you get the points if you use your credit card for other purchases than TESCO.

Yes. if you use in tesco you get your normal points, plus extra points for using the credit card. you dont get as many points using the card in other places but it all helps. We buy our food,petrol,clothes eating out absolutely everything even paid a 3k deposit for our new van( we were able to pay the 3k deposit without incurring the 1.5% credit card charge,or it wouldn't have been worth using it)Use it for everything and you'll be surprised how much it mounts up.You can also use the vouchers for flights,hotels and certain eataries around the country. A £1 tesco voucher = £4 in ferry vouchers,flights,hotels,eataries. EG:we had £100 in tesco vouchers, that gave us £400 in ferry vouchers. But please remember to pay the bill off every month, the best way is to have a standing order set- up to pay the whole amount off and you wont incur ANY credit interest or suffer through a late payment

choppa

Just remember that Irish ferries do not accept vouchers for motorhomes, cars yes motorhomes no.I challenged them on discrimination grounds and I got a curt reply "thats the policy" Booked with Stenna instead, Irish ferries loss!

Foxy

Archived