Thank God They Made It

antony1969

They've managed to flee from persecution through most of Europe to safety in Britain ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6402951/Nine-migrants-caught-climbing-cliffs-Folkestone-crossing-English-Channel-boat.html ... Praise the Lord ... In a school near you soon ... Well prolly not in a school near any of them that want to help on here I suppose

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-11-18 5:21 PM

They'll be along shortly to offer help ... They wont let desperate children fleeing those nasty Europeans suffer ... I just know Barrys guna offer up that spare room

That's the answer :D ........a week of the current songs Barry's singing I'd be leaving the country 8-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-11-18 5:25 PM

antony1969 - 2018-11-18 5:21 PM

They'll be along shortly to offer help ... They wont let desperate children fleeing those nasty Europeans suffer ... I just know Barrys guna offer up that spare room

That's the answer :D ........a week of the current songs Barry's singing I'd be leaving the country 8-) ...........

Barrys never sung anything ... He provides Aled Jones type vocals to rock songs ... If only he'd grab his crystal ball more when hes singing than when hes alone making sweet love

Im sure Huddersfield can make better use of them than our isolated underpopulated corner in the middle of nowhere. (lol) They might like a bit of Rock God Baz though. Sadly I dont have a spare room but stick em in the village hall. We have a good PA in there. Ready made audience.

Barryd999 - 2018-11-18 5:38 PM

Im sure Huddersfield can make better use of them than our isolated underpopulated corner in the middle of nowhere. (lol) They might like a bit of Rock God Baz though. Sadly I dont have a spare room but stick em in the village hall. We have a good PA in there. Ready made audience.

Sounds like a cop out Barry ... All talk no trousers ... As usual

antony1969 - 2018-11-18 5:40 PM

No. I never once said I would be prepared to house refugees / migrants.

Guest pelmetman

Typical ......"I'm a gobs**te bleeding heart who expects other people to sort what offends my principles".......

>:-) ..........

Barryd999 - 2018-11-18 6:08 PM

antony1969 - 2018-11-18 5:40 PM

No. I never once said I would be prepared to house refugees / migrants.

Thats right I remember now ... Left to us in the sh!tholes weren't it ... You want to help but dont wanna help ... I dont wanna help but get lumbered ... Kinda stinks of Chatterbox hypocrisy

Barryd999 - 2018-11-18 6:45 PM

I dont expect you to house them either. Nobody should have to, if they want to then thats up to them. Ive always said I wouldnt object to them coming here instead of Huddersfield. How many refugees have so far been placed in Huddersfield just out of interest?

I dont know the official figure , its like asking how many folk lived in Grenfell ??? Who knows ... What I can say is way more than youve got and you preach we should take em ... Heres a list of Kirklees agencies helping those poor darlings ... http://www.migrantaction.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/ASYLUM-SEEKERS-AND-REFUGEES-SUPPORT-AGENCIES-FEB-2015.pdf ... Good init ... All those folk helping must mean tha's quite a lot of the poor darlings ... Whats your local council do for em out of interest ???

Guest pelmetman

I dont expect you to house them either. Nobody should have to, if they want to then thats up to them. Ive always said I wouldnt object to them coming here instead of Huddersfield. How many refugees have so far been placed in Huddersfield just out of interest?

So in Barry's World of magic accommodation where do you think they'll end up? ;-) .......

Seeing as all the inner city sh*t holes are full :-| .........

They've prolly started dumping them in towns near you Barry >:-) ......

Progress eh? :D .........

antony1969 - 2018-11-18 6:58 PM

I dont know the official figure , its like asking how many folk lived in Grenfell ??? Who knows ... What I can say is way more than youve got and you preach we should take em ... Heres a list of Kirklees agencies helping those poor darlings ... http://www.migrantaction.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/ASYLUM-SEEKERS-AND-REFUGEES-SUPPORT-AGENCIES-FEB-2015.pdf ... Good init ... All those folk helping must mean tha's quite a lot of the poor darlings ... Whats your local council do for em out of interest ???

We have taken some. 54 as of January in Richmond and Hambleton with 238 across the rest of North Yorkshire. I sit on the Durham North yorks border but I dont have any figures for Durham but the North East has taken more of its fair share I gather.

http://www.richmondshiretoday.co.uk/syrian-refugees-arrive-richmondshire-hambleton/

Have you been to the Dales? Most of it they would have to supply them with Chelsea Tractors otherwise there would just be sat there looking at the scenery with nothing to eat or do for that matter. Even the larger towns like Barnard Castle and Richmond are pretty much just big villages. I am sure though they will be made most welcome and at least will be safe here.

antony1969 - 2018-11-18 8:38 PM

Thousands and thousands and thousands of city kids left for villages like yours and many others during the war Barry ... They some how managed, why can't those poor types we take in manage now in your village ... Excuses , excuses .... hypocrite springs to mind

FFS! Three and a half million people mainly children were evacuated during the war. We are supposed to be taking in 20000 refugees over five years or summut. Hardly a comparison. I really dont see what the fuss is about. We should take more.

Barryd999 - 2018-11-18 9:41 PM

Thousands and thousands and thousands of city kids left for villages like yours and many others during the war Barry ... They some how managed, why can't those poor types we take in manage now in your village ... Excuses , excuses .... hypocrite springs to mind

FFS! Three and a half million people mainly children were evacuated during the war. We are supposed to be taking in 20000 refugees over five years or summut. Hardly a comparison. I really dont see what the fuss is about. We should take more.

Presume "the war" means Syria ... What about those from Iran , Iraq , Somalia , Afghanistan etc etc etc ... Your last comments "I really dont see what the fuss is about" ... Well you wouldnt as you dont live anywhere near any of em conveniently and "we should take more" , I dont want to you do and youve been shown the links umpteen times on how to foster a refugee so put up or shut up ... "We should take more" !!! Utter hypocrite

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 6:19 AM

Presume "the war" means Syria ... What about those from Iran , Iraq , Somalia , Afghanistan etc etc etc ... Your last comments "I really dont see what the fuss is about" ... Well you wouldnt as you dont live anywhere near any of em conveniently and "we should take more" , I dont want to you do and youve been shown the links umpteen times on how to foster a refugee so put up or shut up ... "We should take more" !!! Utter hypocrite

No. I was referring to WW2. You mentioned that little villages etc took in evacuees in WW2 so why shouldnt we take refugees into our homes now. As I said we were fighting a war and there were three and a half million evacuees, everybody did their bit. There is no comparison. Its not like we are overrun with refugees is it? It seems though that most regions are doing their bit, even little Richmondshire and Hambleton here. Its hardly a deluge so there is absolutely no need for people to house the refugees unless they choose to. As I have told you before, it just wouldnt be practical here or fair on refugees to put them in a remote village with absolutely no public transport or anything for them to do.

Barryd999 - 2018-11-19 10:20 AM

No. I was referring to WW2. You mentioned that little villages etc took in evacuees in WW2 so why shouldnt we take refugees into our homes now. As I said we were fighting a war and there were three and a half million evacuees, everybody did their bit. There is no comparison. Its not like we are overrun with refugees is it? It seems though that most regions are doing their bit, even little Richmondshire and Hambleton here. Its hardly a deluge so there is absolutely no need for people to house the refugees unless they choose to. As I have told you before, it just wouldnt be practical here or fair on refugees to put them in a remote village with absolutely no public transport or anything for them to do.

Exactly you should take refugees into your house but you don't in a very hypocritical way seen as you preach "WE should take more" ... When you say "hardly a deluge" how would you know living with none and I get the feeling your talking only of Syrians , what about those from Ethiopia, Sudan , Afghanistan , Eritrea , Bangladesh , Pakistan , Iran , Iraq etc etc etc don't they count ???

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 11:36 AM

Exactly you should take refugees into your house but you don't in a very hypocritical way seen as you preach "WE should take more" ... When you say "hardly a deluge" how would you know living with none and I get the feeling your talking only of Syrians , what about those from Ethiopia, Sudan , Afghanistan , Eritrea , Bangladesh , Pakistan , Iran , Iraq etc etc etc don't they count ???

They do count if they are genuine refugees / asylum seekers who are fleeing wars or fleeing for their lives and under the Geneva convention we have an obligation to take them but most asylum seeker applications are actually turned down. There are 65 million displaced people in the world right now and the amount we get is tiny in comparison to other countries in Europe. I dont see how it makes me a hypocrite when I clearly stated I dont see why anyone should be obliged to house them and I also said I have no objection to my area taking its fair share. If I was saying I expected you to house them but not me then you might have a point.

Anyway, what do you propose we do with people that turn up in Dinghies and scale cliffs? Chuck em back in the sea? Dump them back in France for someone else to take care of? Nobody wants them to come here I am sure but the fact remains some do. We have been over this a thousand times, its a problem that Europe is trying to deal with and numbers are now dropping but until its resolved there isnt much you can do about it.

Barryd999 - 2018-11-19 12:13 PM

They do count if they are genuine refugees / asylum seekers who are fleeing wars or fleeing for their lives and under the Geneva convention we have an obligation to take them but most asylum seeker applications are actually turned down. There are 65 million displaced people in the world right now and the amount we get is tiny in comparison to other countries in Europe. I dont see how it makes me a hypocrite when I clearly stated I dont see why anyone should be obliged to house them and I also said I have no objection to my area taking its fair share. If I was saying I expected you to house them but not me then you might have a point.

Anyway, what do you propose we do with people that turn up in Dinghies and scale cliffs? Chuck em back in the sea? Dump them back in France for someone else to take care of? Nobody wants them to come here I am sure but the fact remains some do. We have been over this a thousand times, its a problem that Europe is trying to deal with and numbers are now dropping but until its resolved there isnt much you can do about it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but genuine refugees or not and you seem to believe most of those young males are genuine , once they are here they need housing and feeding and guess who gets em ??? Not you that's right and guess who wants us to help them ??? You do that's right but your get of jail card now seems to be your village has nothing for em so guess what they go to the usual dumping grounds that you live miles away from ... Suppose we'll have to agree to disagree but your hypocrisy stinks

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 12:50 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-11-19 12:13 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble but genuine refugees or not and you seem to believe most of those young males are genuine , once they are here they need housing and feeding and guess who gets em ??? Not you that's right and guess who wants us to help them ??? You do that's right but your get of jail card now seems to be your village has nothing for em so guess what they go to the usual dumping grounds that you live miles away from ... Suppose we'll have to agree to disagree but your hypocrisy stinks

I see your point, I really do. Its hardly my fault though I live in the second least inhabited region in England with the least inhabited region next door most of which would be totally unsuitable for refugees. I do not see why though because of that I should have absolutely nothing to say on the matter as regards our countries policy on accepting asylum seekers / refugees.

Nope sorry you make it sound like you live in the back of beyond and you don't ... You go to the gym , shopping , the chippy etc ... You obviously have wheels so do as most other parents/grandparents have to do and drive places ... Your not trying to say in your village and others like it their are no kids , teenagers or young adults ??? ... If I pleaded and screached about the country doing more for a no deal Brexit and then come March next year I upped sticks to live in EU world and didnt hang around to suffer the supposed consequences yet expected others to suffer I would quite rightly be called a hypocrite ... You do similar when saying we should take more refugee types in ... The "we" you use actually means others and anyone but you

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 2:38 PM

Nope sorry you make it sound like you live in the back of beyond and you don't ... You go to the gym , shopping , the chippy etc ... You obviously have wheels so do as most other parents/grandparents have to do and drive places ... Your not trying to say in your village and others like it their are no kids , teenagers or young adults ??? ... If I pleaded and screached about the country doing more for a no deal Brexit and then come March next year I upped sticks to live in EU world and didnt hang around to suffer the supposed consequences yet expected others to suffer I would quite rightly be called a hypocrite ... You do similar when saying we should take more refugee types in ... The "we" you use actually means others and anyone but you

Its a 16 mile round trip to our nearest shop, gym and chippy. There are two kids here. One is two and the other seven. There are no teenagers, no public transport whatsoever, the nearest decent size down is Darlington which is a 30 mile round trip or Northalerton 40 mile (good cheese shop).

If the local council decided to place refugees here I would not object at all although where they would put them is beyond me as all the houses (About 40 if you count the farms and outlying properties) are privately owned. They could put up tents in the field behind our house for all I care and put them in there. I dare say the good people here would welcome them.

Archived