Thank God

Birdbrain

"They all presented themselves as Iranian Nationals".

Naturally ...... they could have been returned to their Country if they were not. *-)

Iranians need to carry an ID card in Iran. I have never heard of an immigrant who produces any proof of identity ... usually because they are told to get rid of it ... and they do, often because they are not who they claim to be.

747 - 2019-11-17 7:51 PM

Naturally ...... they could have been returned to their Country if they were not. *-)

Iranians need to carry an ID card in Iran. I have never heard of an immigrant who produces any proof of identity ... usually because they are told to get rid of it ... and they do, often because they are not who they claim to be.

Sometimes true but it can be dangerous in some of the countries they are departing to have passports/Id etc. Also if your fleeing a war zone all that stuff could be destroyed, lost or just left behind.

Barryd999 - 2019-11-17 9:59 PM

Sometimes true but it can be dangerous in some of the countries they are departing to have passports/Id etc. Also if your fleeing a war zone all that stuff could be destroyed, lost or just left behind.

Or as in most cases like 74747 says

Birdbrain - 2019-11-18 6:09 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-11-17 9:59 PM

Or as in most cases like 74747 says

Evidence?

Depends where they are coming from doesn't it? If they are an economic migrant it could be a tactic but as we know they are not all economic migrants. There were 13.5 million displaced refugees from Syria alone.

Barry is too honest and naive to believe these things happen all the time. It started with the paperless refugees from Kosovo who turned out to be from the poorest country in Europe ... Albania.

A distant relative of my Wife married one. 8-) The main things he learned was how to milk the Benefit system and breed children.

One of them got a job as a Firefighter (positive discrimination). He fulfilled none of the criteria needed by applicants and after a number of years experience, he is still a useless liability to his workmates. :-(

747 - 2019-11-18 1:28 PM

Barry is too honest and naive to believe these things happen all the time. It started with the paperless refugees from Kosovo who turned out to be from the poorest country in Europe ... Albania.

A distant relative of my Wife married one. 8-) The main things he learned was how to milk the Benefit system and breed children.

One of them got a job as a Firefighter (positive discrimination). He fulfilled none of the criteria needed by applicants and after a number of years experience, he is still a useless liability to his workmates. :-(

I did agree with you that it does happen but I also pointed out why it happens sometimes with genuine refugees. Its not as easy as many think though to get refugee status in the UK. Mind you from what I have learned about genuine Syrian refugees that do make it here we could do with a few more. They are often extremely resourceful, hard working, educated, intelligent, young and fit. Just the sort of people this country will need once we piss off our European neighbours so much they dont want to come here anymore.

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2019-11-19 7:49 PM

Fingers crossed they are all OK ... Christmas wouldnt be the same without em ... https://news.sky.com/story/at-least-25-stowaways-discovered-on-uk-bound-ferry-say-dutch-police-11865118 ... Barry youve got room

No doubt Barry will be first in line to accept the waifs and strays ;-) ........

Which is Fruitcake language for frisking for Leffe (lol) (lol) (lol) .....

Archived