Thanks Maggie

CurtainRaiser

As far as I know it, Norway is the most civilized nation and not only in Europe. And its citizens accordingly.

Obviously they have serious problems too but it is no coincidence that for years it has been at the top of the rankings of the best country to live in.

At least the welfare is at levels that not even other Scandinavian states can afford.

The government knows that oil and gas will run out sooner or later and has been working accordingly for years to maintain what has been achieved so far.

Investments in the green economy are to be admired.

Electric cars have been around for at least ten years, etc, etc ...

mtravel - 2021-01-28 3:00 PM

As far as I know it, Norway is the most civilized nation and not only in Europe. And its citizens accordingly.

Obviously they have serious problems too but it is no coincidence that for years it has been at the top of the rankings of the best country to live in.

At least the welfare is at levels that not even other Scandinavian states can afford.

The government knows that oil and gas will run out sooner or later and has been working accordingly for years to maintain what has been achieved so far.

Investments in the green economy are to be admired.

Electric cars have been around for at least ten years, etc, etc ...

I know, in contrast Maggie Thatcher diverted the North Sea Oil revenue to lower tax rates for the rich squandering the opportunity

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/britain-gained-300billion-tax-north-6390332

Archived