That'll annoy our resident angry brigade.........

Guest pelmetman

Under the terms of the Good Friday Agreement there was to be the equivalent of the South African Truth and Reconciliation Commission that would allow cases caused by all sides to be properly examined and provide answers to families and survivors. All parties in Ireland and Northern Ireland have been keen to get them established, but it has been continually blocked by the British government, probably because the it would shine the spotlight on the collusion between the British government and the loyalist paramilitary groups in extrajudicial killings.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/nov/30/pat-finucane-murder-a-pitiless-act-and-a-political-storm

colin - 2021-07-14 11:20 AM

Yes, the murderers on all sides will be dancing in the street, the republican murderers will soon be able to publicly brag about which Brittish solders they killed. You seem proud of this, how strange.

Sad to think how many hundreds of people on both sides, who lost relatives, will feel that they have not received justice.

Unfortunately it seems typical of Dave to make light of their situation.

:-(

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-07-14 2:11 PM

Yes, the murderers on all sides will be dancing in the street, the republican murderers will soon be able to publicly brag about which Brittish solders they killed. You seem proud of this, how strange.

Sad to think how many hundreds of people on both sides, who lost relatives, will feel that they have not received justice.

The majority were killed by the IRA :-| ............

So I'm not making light of the situation, I'm accepting that there will never be any end to the lawyers sh*t stirring and bleeding the tax payer dry unless the government takes away their feeding trough *-) ............

pelmetman - 2021-07-15 8:23 AM

So I'm not making light of the situation, ..........................................

If you were NOT making light of it I assume you used the :D emoji by mistake ???

:-|

malc d - 2021-07-15 3:01 PM

So I'm not making light of the situation, ..........................................

If you were NOT making light of it I assume you used the :D emoji by mistake ???

He thought it was a one way deal favouring only UK Armed forces until Colin and Curtain pointed out what he had failed to understand, hence his stupid and inappropriate :D emoji on the op link.

Bulletguy - 2021-07-15 3:38 PM

He thought it was a one way deal favouring only UK Armed forces until Colin and Curtain pointed out what he had failed to understand, hence his stupid and inappropriate :D emoji on the op link.

I think everyone who read his post realised that.

It's a mistake he makes so often because he only reads headlines.

( ... and doesn't always understand the rest ).

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-07-15 4:03 PM

The title of my thread was....."That'll annoy our resident angry brigade........."

Which is why I used the :D emoji ;-) .........

Looks like I was proved right again :D .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ............

As you can see from his reply he's now attempting very lame excuses for his vile mindset.

pelmetman - 2021-07-15 9:31 PM

The title of my thread was....."That'll annoy our resident angry brigade........."

What? Does this sound like anger " the terms of the Good Friday Agreement there was to be the equivalent of the South African Truth and Reconciliation Commission that would allow cases caused by all sides to be properly examined and provide answers to families and survivors. All parties in Ireland and Northern Ireland have been keen to get them established, but it has been continually blocked by the British government, probably because the it would shine the spotlight on the collusion between the British government and the loyalist paramilitary groups in extrajudicial killings.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/nov/30/pat-finucane-murder-a-pitiless-act-and-a-political-storm "?

Or does it sound like someone trying to explain to you, yet again, that beyond the headline what is being implemented is unwelcome by all the parties involved - Unionist, Nationalists, Ireland and the other guarantors to the GFA. This was part of the agreement that was put to communities on both sides of the border in a referendum in May 1998 and received overwhelming support. Yet again the Tories are breaking the promises contained within an international treaty, so no I'm not angry, I'm disappointed, again.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-07-15 10:48 PM

What? Does this sound like anger " the terms of the Good Friday Agreement there was to be the equivalent of the South African Truth and Reconciliation Commission that would allow cases caused by all sides to be properly examined and provide answers to families and survivors. All parties in Ireland and Northern Ireland have been keen to get them established, but it has been continually blocked by the British government, probably because the it would shine the spotlight on the collusion between the British government and the loyalist paramilitary groups in extrajudicial killings.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/nov/30/pat-finucane-murder-a-pitiless-act-and-a-political-storm "?

Or does it sound like someone trying to explain to you, yet again, that beyond the headline what is being implemented is unwelcome by all the parties involved - Unionist, Nationalists, Ireland and the other guarantors to the GFA. This was part of the agreement that was put to communities on both sides of the border in a referendum in May 1998 and received overwhelming support. Yet again the Tories are breaking the promises contained within an international treaty, so no I'm not angry, I'm disappointed, again.

You mean that you're disappointed that it will mean UK forces would get a..... "get out of jail card"...... like LABOURS Blair gave the terrorists *-) ..........

But then again we have always known LABOUR HATES BRITAIN >:-) ...............

Keep on HATING HATERS :D ..........

pelmetman - 2021-07-16 7:35 AM

You mean that you're disappointed that it will mean UK forces would get a..... "get out of jail card"...... like LABOURS Blair gave the terrorists *-) ..........

No I'm disappointed that victims and families on all sides do not get any sense of closure or answers to what happened and why, something that was promised to them in the GFA.

You do realise that the governments decision give equivalence to the actions of those in British Army uniforms and paramilitary groups? Why do you think that might be?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-07-16 7:46 AM

No I'm disappointed that victims and families on all sides do not get any sense of closure or answers to what happened and why, something that was promised to them in the GFA.

You do realise that the governments decision give equivalence to the actions of those in British Army uniforms and paramilitary groups? Why do you think that might be?

The governments decision means the British Army get treated Legally the same as the terrorists ;-) .........ie they both get ......."Get Out of Jail Cards"..........Which is clearly what you Brit Haters dont like *-) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-07-16 10:36 AM

The governments decision means the British Army get treated Legally the same as the terrorists ;-) .........ie they both get ......."Get Out of Jail Cards"..........Which is clearly what you Brit Haters dont like *-) ...........

I know what they are planning to do (although I note that this is a proposal to go before parliament in the autumn), my question to you was why are they ensuring that the "British Army get treated Legally the same as the terrorists"?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-07-16 10:42 AM

pelmetman - 2021-07-16 10:36 AM

I know what they are planning to do (although I note that this is a proposal to go before parliament in the autumn), my question to you was why are they ensuring that the "British Army get treated Legally the same as the terrorists"?

The question is....WHY should the British Army be treated worse than terrorists??? *-) .............

Which is a situation I'm sure a Brit HATER like you would like to see continue >:-( ..........

Ireland’s foreign minister has warned that a British government plan to bring prosecutions for killings during the Troubles to an end would breach its international obligations.

The proposals would also undoubtedly be tested in the courts and add “years of uncertainty and misery for families with no benefit”, Simon Coveney said.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/15/uk-plan-to-end-troubles-prosecutions-breaks-international-obligations-irish-minister?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• 2 months later...

Oh look, Johnson and co have misled the followers. Again. Be interesting to see the Daily Wail headline for this climbdown.

"In a reply to Mijatovic, Lewis appears to indicate that the government has no fixed position on enforcing a possible statute of limitations.

“In publishing our proposals for addressing the legacy of Northern Ireland’s past in the command paper of 14 July, we were clear that these were intended not to represent a final position but rather to inform a process of engagement. This engagement – which involves meeting with political representatives, representatives from the victims sector and victims and survivors directly – is ongoing,” he wrote."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/sep/23/uk-plan-to-end-troubles-prosecutions-could-breach-international-law?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• 2 months later...
Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-12-14 5:42 PM

So despite there being no collusion between the government and the UDA and co.

They must have just been feeling generous to make this payout.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/dec/14/miami-showband-massacre-uk-government-accused-lies-payout-northern-ireland-troubles?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Oh dear Fast Pat.........You still haven't got a life :D .......

Never mind there's always this year ;-) .........

You do have a chimney dontcha???? 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-12-14 9:42 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-12-14 5:42 PM

So despite there being no collusion between the government and the UDA and co.

They must have just been feeling generous to make this payout.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/dec/14/miami-showband-massacre-uk-government-accused-lies-payout-northern-ireland-troubles?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Oh dear Fast Pat.........You still haven't got a life :D .......

Never mind there's always this year ;-) .........

You do have a chimney dontcha???? 8-) .........

Man with nearly 40,000 posts suggests someone with 2,200 posts should get a life!

And no I don't have a chimney, we've tried to achieve EnerPHit status on the renovations we've done over years and a gaping hole in the roof for some mythical fat knacker to use once a year doesn't tie in with that. I suppose you will have one, after all when you haven't got any windows fitted a big hole in the roof will make little difference.

pelmetman - 2021-07-17 8:04 AM

The question is....WHY should the British Army be treated worse than terrorists??? *-) .............

By "treated worse", you appear to be saying "held to higher standards". Are you sure you've thought through this line of argument? For instance, I would certainly expect any branch of the British armed forces to be held to higher standards than terrorists - of any stripe or nationality.

Is what you wrote really what you mean?

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-15 10:57 AM

By "treated worse", you appear to be saying "held to higher standards". Are you sure you've thought through this line of argument? For instance, I would certainly expect any branch of the British armed forces to be held to higher standards than terrorists - of any stripe or nationality.

Well in that case you are going to be quite disappointed Brian.

Remember, these were a small proportion of the 1,900 people detained without trial or even being charged. And yet again the British government has tried to cover it up.

"Delivering his judgment on Wednesday, Lord Hodge referred to a 2014 RTÉ documentary about the hooded men case which referred to a British government memorandum, known as the “Rees Memo”, which “referred to the use of torture and to its approval by UK ministers”."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/hooded-men-uk-court-finds-psni-decision-not-to-investigate-case-unlawful-1.4755885

For some reason the governments involvement is not detailed in the BBC report? "In 2014, an RTÉ documentary unearthed fresh evidence, but the PSNI decided there was not enough evidence to warrant an investigation." Must be an oversight?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-59667405

Archived