That'll deffo annoy Bullet & Co........

Guest pelmetman

Not at all, its good news and I would prefer it if France did the same thing but you do know that its down to EU and Schengen rules and regs to set these limits. They could of course make the visa process a lot easier possibly. However this is just the opinion of some tourist bloke. From what I can gather Spain is quite keen on coming down on overstayers.

pelmetman - 2021-11-03 8:22 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-11-03 7:29 PM

Thats awkward

The chimps silence says it all (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Not at all.

"I dont argue with idiots ...........

I ridicule them .........

The really stupid idiots haven't noticed that .........

-----

Dunearnin.....enjoying my Sunlit Uplands......Just spendin.. "

So if you want to engage in debate, then engage, but if you want to throw your juvenile insults around don't expect anyone to respond and waste their time on you. Your call.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-11-03 9:39 PM

Not at all, its good news and I would prefer it if France did the same thing but you do know that its down to EU and Schengen rules and regs to set these limits. They could of course make the visa process a lot easier possibly. However this is just the opinion of some tourist bloke. From what I can gather Spain is quite keen on coming down on overstayers.

Hmmm......so this is some tourist bloke? :D ..........

"Ximo Puig, president of Valencia region, wants to abandon 90-day visa rule"

(lol) (lol) (lol) .............

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-03 11:04 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-03 8:22 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-11-03 7:29 PM

Thats awkward

The chimps silence says it all (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Not at all.

"I dont argue with idiots ...........

I ridicule them .........

The really stupid idiots haven't noticed that .........

-----

Dunearnin.....enjoying my Sunlit Uplands......Just spendin.. "

So if you want to engage in debate, then engage, but if you want to throw your juvenile insults around don't expect anyone to respond and waste their time on you. Your call.

This thread is all about ridiculing idiots ;-) ..........

Especially BullSH1Tguy >:-) .........

"It appears, though, that Spain's national government tourism ministry is very much on the same page as Puig: Sra Maroto assured that she has 'set up a working group' involving the British and Spanish embassies in either country 'to address mobility'.

Puig has called for her to 'speed up' the process in order to get an agreement in place as quickly as possible."

https://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/33116/valencia-regional-president-let-brits-stay-here-for-more-than-90-days

Guest pelmetman

Bump :D ..........

Have to say even I'm surprised at how quick the Spanish have decided that they need me B-) .....

(lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Guest pelmetman

I'm so glad I didn't fall for the bollox's spread by BullSH1Tguy and Co :D ........

Or I might have sold my property in Spain 8-) ........

Fortunately they're still stored inside in Spain B-) ........

Prolly gonna need some new tyres though ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-11-05 7:21 PM

I'm so glad I didn't fall for the bollox's spread by BullSH1Tguy and Co :D ........

You have a "property" in Spain that needs tyres? *-)

You mean this?

1444428459_davecaravan3(Custom)(Custom).jpg.a06d2fc50b110536f450445472cf1eb0.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-11-05 9:29 PM

You mean this?

I doubt Cynthia the Carlight will need new tyres as I replaced them when I bought her ;-) ......

Terence the Toyota may well need new rubber as they were suspect when I bought him off ebay for 901 squid 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-11-05 9:36 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-11-05 9:29 PM

You mean this?

I doubt Cynthia the Carlight will need new tyres as I replaced them when I bought her ;-) ......

Terence the Toyota may well need new rubber as they were suspect when I bought him off ebay for 901 squid 8-) ........

Yeah I bet the Spanish are really looking forward to having your old sheds littering up the place again.

pelmetman - 2021-11-03 6:37 PM

>:-) ............

"Valencia calls for Brits to be allowed to spend more than 90 days in Spain and 'Brexit to be as Brexit-less as possible' following slump in UK tourist cash"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10161567/Valencia-calls-Brits-allowed-90-days-year-Spain.html

(lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Do you really think that a regional mayor is going to be able to renegotiate the Schengen Agreement?

Travel is going to get more difficult not less

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/EU-s-new-entry-and-exit-systems-problematic-say-UK-travel-chiefs

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-06 9:16 AM

"Valencia calls for Brits to be allowed to spend more than 90 days in Spain and 'Brexit to be as Brexit-less as possible' following slump in UK tourist cash"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10161567/Valencia-calls-Brits-allowed-90-days-year-Spain.html

Do you really think that a regional mayor is going to be able to renegotiate the Schengen Agreement?

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/EU-s-new-entry-and-exit-systems-problematic-say-UK-travel-chiefs

So you are saying that Spain is not a Sovereign Nation and is unable to negotiate bilateral agreements with non EU countries??? ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-11-06 9:27 AM

So you are saying that Spain is not a Sovereign Nation and is unable to negotiate bilateral agreements with non EU countries??? ;-) ..........

No I'm suggesting that under the Spanish constitution even a autonomous region cannot make such changes. Perhaps if you had got outside your little Englander encampment you might have understood the Spanish process?

I'm not saying the 90 in 180 will never change, it might, but it will take along time. And I'd guess that by the time its reformed you will be over 70 and won't be able to afford the health insurance you'll need.

I have to say that it would make sense to have an reciprocal agreement in place of 180 days which I believe is what Europeans get if they come here. I appreciate this means altering Schengen just for us which is a bit of cakeism but it would make sense as we are still only 22 miles away. There was a lot of debate early on from the EU side about offering UK citizens EU Citizenship which if anything was not something Johnson and his team seemed to want to champion.

Of course IMO it should only be open to those who voted remain. B-) Why would someone like Dave Pelmet want to spend all that time out of his beloved UK? Surely you would want to support Brexit Britains economy not the Spanish one. Skegness should become a holiday shrine for Brexiteers I think. Leave that lovely Europe for those of us who havent stuck two fingers up at it.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-06 10:37 AM

pelmetman - 2021-11-06 9:27 AM

No I'm suggesting that under the Spanish constitution even a autonomous region cannot make such changes. Perhaps if you had got outside your little Englander encampment you might have understood the Spanish process?

I'm not saying the 90 in 180 will never change, it might, but it will take along time. And I'd guess that by the time its reformed you will be over 70 and won't be able to afford the health insurance you'll need.

You obviously missed this bit ;-) ...........

"It appears, though, that Spain's national government tourism ministry is very much on the same page as Puig: Sra Maroto assured that she has 'set up a working group' involving the British and Spanish embassies in either country 'to address mobility'.

BTW it wont be health insurance that cutails our winter stays in Spain........It'll be our garden B-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-11-06 12:01 PM

I have to say that it would make sense to have an reciprocal agreement in place of 180 days which I believe is what Europeans get if they come here. I appreciate this means altering Schengen just for us which is a bit of cakeism but it would make sense as we are still only 22 miles away. There was a lot of debate early on from the EU side about offering UK citizens EU Citizenship which if anything was not something Johnson and his team seemed to want to champion.

Of course IMO it should only be open to those who voted remain. B-) Why would someone like Dave Pelmet want to spend all that time out of his beloved UK? Surely you would want to support Brexit Britains economy not the Spanish one. Skegness should become a holiday shrine for Brexiteers I think. Leave that lovely Europe for those of us who havent stuck two fingers up at it.

I like Brexit cake >:-) ............

pelmetman - 2021-11-07 9:26 AM

Except this was yet another bit of cake that your hero and fellow "Loser" Johnson failed to negotiate. Well whoever cobbled together the 11th hour version of "the sainted Theresa's" deal failed to negotiate.

This is just the ramblings of the President of Valencia. There are 17 presidents I believe representing the 17 regions in Spain and I think a hung parliament currently. Good luck with that moving forward as a priority and then getting it through the EU and Schengen. It would have been far better if the UK Government had fought for this right from the start. I cant see how it could have been refused as it would have been a reciprocal agreement and yes, a bit of cake just for the UK. So you have to ask yourself why it wasn't? There were even EU MEP's fighting our corner to retain citizenship so why did Johnson and the Brexiteers not fight for any of that?

There are 500000 UK second home owners, thousands of students and other travellers like us motorhomers that would have benefited from such a negotiation so why did it not happen? The sceptic in me says its because they wanted that money spent in the UK but I also suspect it was just gross incompetence once again. The deal was absolutely rubbish for the UK but good for the EU. This is just another example of how flawed and last minute it all was.

Barryd999 - 2021-11-07 10:16 AM

Except this was yet another bit of cake that your hero and fellow "Loser" Johnson failed to negotiate. Well whoever cobbled together the 11th hour version of "the sainted Theresa's" deal failed to negotiate.

This is just the ramblings of the President of Valencia. There are 17 presidents I believe representing the 17 regions in Spain and I think a hung parliament currently. Good luck with that moving forward as a priority and then getting it through the EU and Schengen. It would have been far better if the UK Government had fought for this right from the start. I cant see how it could have been refused as it would have been a reciprocal agreement and yes, a bit of cake just for the UK. So you have to ask yourself why it wasn't? There were even EU MEP's fighting our corner to retain citizenship so why did Johnson and the Brexiteers not fight for any of that?

There are 500000 UK second home owners, thousands of students and other travellers like us motorhomers that would have benefited from such a negotiation so why did it not happen? The sceptic in me says its because they wanted that money spent in the UK but I also suspect it was just gross incompetence once again. The deal was absolutely rubbish for the UK but good for the EU. This is just another example of how flawed and last minute it all was.

Well probably because a number of those negotiating had access to EU passports, including Johnson.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/31/stanley-johnson-confirms-application-for-french-passport-on-eve-of-brexit?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-07 10:49 AM

Well probably because a number of those negotiating had access to EU passports, including Johnson.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/31/stanley-johnson-confirms-application-for-french-passport-on-eve-of-brexit?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Even Farage "allegedly" tried to apply for a German passport, fraudulently apparently.

Guest pelmetman

If it was so good for the EU ;-) ........

Why is Spain so keen on allowing folk like me to stay longer? :D ..........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Archived