The Brexit Cult

Bulletguy

Confirmation Brexiteers have now become a cult. This piece is from msm but got me wondering wtf is this "Britains Future". As explained in the article open transparency is not for them.....they've formed themselves into a wacko secretive cult, an echo chamber of hive minds. They have a Twitter site but only pro-Brexit anti-EU opinions are allowed, any opposing views get blocked and removed.

Dark money is pushing for a no-deal Brexit. Who is behind it?

Since mid-January an organisation called Britain’s Future has spent £125,000 on Facebook ads demanding a hard or no-deal Brexit. Most of them target particular constituencies. Where an MP is deemed sympathetic to the organisation’s aims, the voters who receive these ads are urged to tell him or her to “remove the backstop, rule out a customs union, deliver Brexit without delay”. Where the MP is deemed unsympathetic, the message is: “Don’t let them steal Brexit; Don’t let them ignore your vote.”

So who or what is Britain’s Future? Sorry, I have no idea. As openDemocracy points out, it has no published address and releases no information about who founded it, who controls it and who has been paying for these advertisements.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/13/dark-money-hard-brexit-targeted-ads-facebook

pelmetman - 2019-02-13 9:09 PM

So what *-) ..........It's their money :D ..........

Just curious as to why you rabid Brexiteers have now become a seriously deranged out of control cult. I find it quite concerning and it's explaining why so many diabolical decisions and crazy catastrophes have been taking place.

To be so flippant and dismiss with a "so what" is fine if this was only ever going to affect you Brexiteers, but the wreckless damage you're causing is going to affect everyone. It's time those of you who've supported this willful act were held to account for your actions and seen to pay very heavily.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-13 9:52 PM

Just curious as to why you rabid Brexiteers have now become a seriously deranged out of control cult. I find it quite concerning and it's explaining why so many diabolical decisions and crazy catastrophes have been taking place.

To be so flippant and dismiss with a "so what" is fine if this was only ever going to affect you Brexiteers, but the wreckless damage you're causing is going to affect everyone. It's time those of you who've supported this willful act were held to account for your actions and seen to pay very heavily.

It's curious why your bothered how other people spend THEIR money..........Yet you are not bothered by Cameron spending 9 million of TAXPAYERS money? *-) ............

Typical Remoaner HYPOCRISY >:-) ...........

There is a great deal of wealth behind Brexit in the hands of very few. At the moment with this Tory Government things are going their way as neither they nor this Government are being held to account...that will change. Eventually, society will see what is actually happening, hopefully, before it is too late.

As for Pelmetman.....he is a joke....he spends his time simply provoking he is unable to present any coherent argument and his response to everything is a simple provocative comment. It's a waste of effort attempting to engage him he is unable to communicate or relate at any other than a very basic level.

HarveyHeaven - 2019-02-14 9:17 AM

As for Pelmetman.....he is a joke....he spends his time simply provoking he is unable to present any coherent argument and his response to everything is a simple provocative comment. It's a waste of effort attempting to engage him he is unable to communicate or relate at any other than a very basic level.

Exactly, but to be fair he does tell us that it is his modus operandi in his strapline. But your right very few of his statements are worth engaging with, like a naughty child all he wants is a bit of attention.

I suppose that all that we can hope is that if, and it's a big IF, Brexit does go through he enjoys the actual impact on his lifestyle as a illegal immigrant in Spain.

Guest pelmetman

There is a great deal of wealth behind Brexit in the hands of very few. At the moment with this Tory Government things are going their way as neither they nor this Government are being held to account...that will change. Eventually, society will see what is actually happening, hopefully, before it is too late.

Heavens are you still peddling FAKE NEWS 8-) ..........

"How do the world's billionaires feel about the vote? Perhaps unsurprisingly, the majority of the UK’s largest corporations—and their billionaire leaders—want to maintain the status quo and remain in the EU."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/derekxiao/2016/06/22/from-disaster-to-cobblers-billionaires-weigh-in-on-brexit/#7d9ec9217fb3

It looks like its you Remoaners are the one with the dodgy dosh 8-) ............

Just goes to show us Brexiteers cant be bought >:-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-14 9:35 AM

Exactly, but to be fair he does tell us that it is his modus operandi in his strapline. But your right very few of his statements are worth engaging with, like a naughty child all he wants is a bit of attention.

I suppose that all that we can hope is that if, and it's a big IF, Brexit does go through he enjoys the actual impact on his lifestyle as a illegal immigrant in Spain.

Who will be illegal? :-S ............are you unaware that non EU citizens can have temporary residential status in Spain? ;-) ...............

Perhaps you should investigate the subject before you start spreading Fake News *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-02-14 9:46 AM

Who will be illegal? :-S ............are you unaware that non EU citizens can have temporary residential status in Spain? ;-) ...............

Perhaps you should investigate the subject before you start spreading Fake News *-) ..........

And you have medical insurance in place? Your UK state pension etc etc

True, attempting reasoned logical debate with the deranged and unhinged is futile. He's not known as the Mad Hatter for nothing.

Yes i'd be fine with the outfall of Brexit severely impacting on Brexiteers only, if only that was possible to separate, but unfortunately they're determined to spread the suffering in their quest all over their precious "win".

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-14 10:18 AM

pelmetman - 2019-02-14 9:46 AM

And you have medical insurance in place? Your UK state pension etc etc

Yes we have medical insurance ;-) ...........

Although sadly I am to young to become a state financed member of the idle classes ...........

So I guess I'm a self financed member of the idle classes :D ..........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-14 1:34 PM

True, attempting reasoned logical debate with the deranged and unhinged is futile. He's not known as the Mad Hatter for nothing.

Yes i'd be fine with the outfall of Brexit severely impacting on Brexiteers only, if only that was possible to separate, but unfortunately they're determined to spread the suffering in their quest all over their precious "win".

Suffering???? :-S .............

Although I do detect with just 43 days to go........a loosening of Remoaner sphincters 8-) .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) .............

Perhaps that is because a tiny fraction of the remain voters have become 5th columnists.

:D

pelmetman - 2019-02-14 1:59 PM

Although I do detect with just 43 days to go........a loosening of Remoaner sphincters 8-) .........

That's just a normal reaction of the owners of those particular sphincters when they can't get their own way and it seems to accompany blaming everyone else for their own woes.

Nothing if not predictable - it almost, but not quite, encourages me to wish for a no deal just to piss them all off and out of curiosity see what other hissy fits they can throw!

Meanwhile I look forward to a bright future for the UK as once more an independant nation free from the money wasting tyrants of Bruxelles, or is it Strasbourg this week?

Archived