The End is Nigh........Hurray!!!!

Bulletguy

Finally we are getting rid of the Downing street clown.

Chair of the 1922 Committee Sir Graham Brady announced the threshold of 54 letters had been reached to trigger the vote of no confidence in Johnson.

His love flame, Mad Nad is out in full force licking the feet of her Master who is busy on the phone threatening to have any dissenters beat up.

He probably will survive the VONC but his days are over and it's just a matter now of when he goes.....not if.

As a measure Theresa May got 63% of the vote in her favour......yet still ended up being shown the door so Johnson will need at least 75 - 80%......and the removal men will be along later. (lol)(lol)

Good riddance to the worst PM this country has had the misfortune of having.....not that people were not warned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61707566

I doubt if anybody would be happier than me to see Johnson thrown out

But I would be more comfortable if they had waited till he had been trounced in the by elections

He must have the greatest payroll vote of any PM in history (people on his payroll who he has bought with our money) The only thing I can see that will turn them against Johnson is if they think he will lose them their cushy jobs.

John52 - 2022-06-06 9:24 PM

So Johnson has won the vote

I wish I had been wrong

And I dread to think ho miuch more his bribes will cost us

At this rate there will be about 300 on the Ministerial pay roll :-S

He's a dead man walking with only 211 in support (59%). By comparison the vote of no confidence for Theresa May came out at 63% in support and she still wasn't safe.

Johnsons arrogance will be his downfall.

malc d - 2022-06-07 10:55 AM

The next honours list will be massive.

At least 211 new knighthoods.

;-)

Yes you're right, this article mentions exactly that too.

https://tinyurl.com/5e8bvh84

It goes on to compare Poundland Trump and Trump; Yet, unlike the former US President – who still retains strong support from Republicans – Johnson has lost the support both of voters and his own party. He is Trump without the popularity. He is a Prime Minister whose sole purpose is to remain in office, no matter what damage he does to the country or his own party.

The letter from his anti-corruption MP, John Penrose, who resigned his post is particularly damning (click link to enlarge).

Penrose.JPG.e477faefbb845baafc57551e0e162af0.JPG

Bulletguy - 2022-06-07 5:35 PM

;-)

It goes on to compare Poundland Trump and Trump; Yet, unlike the former US President – who still retains strong support from Republicans – Johnson has lost the support both of voters and his own party. He is Trump without the popularity. He is a Prime Minister whose sole purpose is to remain in office, no matter what damage he does to the country or his own party.

The letter from his anti-corruption MP, John Penrose, who resigned his post is particularly damning (click link to enlarge).

If that doesn't convince Johnson to resign what would?

But lets look on the bright side

Judging by Starmer's half hearted public calls for Johnson's resignation, he has come to realise Johnson is his biggest asset :-D

John52 - 2022-06-08 9:07 AM

Bulletguy - 2022-06-07 5:35 PM

;-)

If that doesn't convince Johnson to resign what would?

But lets look on the bright side

Judging by Starmer's half hearted public calls for Johnson's resignation, he has come to realise Johnson is his biggest asset :-D

Johnson is too arrogant to consider resigning and believes his own hype. It's nothing new though as it goes back to his behaviour as a schoolboy which prompted his housemaster to write to Johnsons father;

"Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility [and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School...]. I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.”

“He is, in fact, pretty idle about it all ... Boris has something of a tendency to assume that success and honours will drop into his lap: not so, he must work for them.”

What I find hilarious is his sycophants desperately clutching at straws attempting to blame Remainers for Johnsons VONC, claiming it's a witch-hunt!! They haven't realised many of the MP's who voted against Johnson, Baker, Bridgen, Baron, Colburn etc are Brexiters! (lol)(lol)

Fun fact: 30 minutes before the results of the VONC vote yesterday, the government scrapped its plans for an HS2 link to the West Coast Main Line. Guess whose constituency it would have run through, and who was dead set against it?

Graham Brady, Chair of the 1922 committee.

Archived