The Gorbals Gobbess........

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus you are not "Vaccinated" until you have completed the course of two doses. The government took its own decision to go against the medical guidelines issued by the vaccine producers and extend the vaccination process to three months. The consequences of this decision remain to be seen. They say its to give more people a chance but lets face it, its really so they can boast about numbers but you are not vaccinated until you have both doses.

So far we have done about half a million i gather. So in terms of complete vaccinations we are not top of the leaderboard. You also have to question what then happens in March when the 12 week experiment by the government requires the second doses to be administered. They will need to stop or slow down the delivery of the first dose or just not bother with completing the vaccination process. 8-)

21908029_vaccinestats.thumb.jpg.f081a73a5f85f4a440875f2315ceb0e5.jpg

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-02 1:15 PM

And so it unravels, scientists show that Pfizer vaccine ineffective in people over 80 on only one injection.

Still it helps the government resolve the crisis in social care if all the oldies die off.

Really? Do you have a source for this as I would have thought it would be major news.

Barryd999 - 2021-02-02 2:09 PM

And so it unravels, scientists show that Pfizer vaccine ineffective in people over 80 on only one injection.

Still it helps the government resolve the crisis in social care if all the oldies die off.

Really? Do you have a source for this as I would have thought it would be major news.

"Delaying second Pfizer dose may put elderly at greater risk from South Africa variant

By science correspondent Thomas Moore

Lab tests by scientists at Cambridge University showed that one dose of the vaccine may not stimulate the immune system to produce enough antibodies to kill the virus.

Only after a second dose would antibody levels be protective, the researchers say.

The South Africa variant has a mutation called E484K that helps it evade the immune system.

Some samples of the Kent variant have now been detected with the same mutation.

The Cambridge researchers tested blood samples from 26 people, 15 of them over 80, who had received one dose of the Pfizer jab against synthetic versions of both variants.

Antibodies in all volunteers were sufficient to kill the Kent variant.

But when the E484K mutation was added 10 times more antibodies were needed to neutralise the virus.

Only after a second dose, given three weeks later, were their antibody levels boosted to a level that killed the virus.

The research has not been peer reviewed in a scientific journal."

Sky News https://news.sky.com/story/uk-covid-news-latest-updates-in-coronavirus-lockdown-12205059

These types of news stories tend to have a slow pickup amongst the MSM, I can't think why!

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-02 2:29 PM

"Delaying second Pfizer dose may put elderly at greater risk from South Africa variant

Lab tests by scientists at Cambridge University showed that one dose of the vaccine may not stimulate the immune system to produce enough antibodies to kill the virus.

Only after a second dose would antibody levels be protective, the researchers say.

The South Africa variant has a mutation called E484K that helps it evade the immune system.

Some samples of the Kent variant have now been detected with the same mutation.

The Cambridge researchers tested blood samples from 26 people, 15 of them over 80, who had received one dose of the Pfizer jab against synthetic versions of both variants.

Antibodies in all volunteers were sufficient to kill the Kent variant.

But when the E484K mutation was added 10 times more antibodies were needed to neutralise the virus.

Only after a second dose, given three weeks later, were their antibody levels boosted to a level that killed the virus.

The research has not been peer reviewed in a scientific journal."

Sky News https://news.sky.com/story/uk-covid-news-latest-updates-in-coronavirus-lockdown-12205059

These types of news stories tend to have a slow pickup amongst the MSM, I can't think why!

Thanks. This is indeed a worrying development especially as it appears the Kent Virus is adopting the same mutation. What makes it even more worrying is if the elderly and vulnerable who have had their first shot think they are safe and start take a few more risks and go off seeing family etc. Ive seen a few say stuff like this on local social media, thankfully jumped upon quite quickly.

The Governments "meddling" not such a good idea after all then possibly. Who would have thought going against scientific guidelines could be risky eh? *-)

Guest pelmetman

MAY ;-) ............

Seems to me "May" can hardly be called evidence........Unless you're a miserable LOSER trying to do anything to piss on Boris's successful role out of the vaccine *-) ..........

BTW how much has the EU spent on trying to save their citizens lives compared to Boris? >:-) .......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9214625/AstraZeneca-Covid-19-vaccine-not-recommended-65s-Sweden.html?login#readerCommentsCommand-message-field

"The UK committed £1.67billion on Covid vaccines before it was known whether they would be effective - more than the £1.57billion the EU put forward for its 448million people, with Britain spending £25.00 per capita compared to £3.51 for Brussels."

I'm glad Boris thinks I'm worth a lot more than £3.51 B-) ..........

It's just a shame you pathetic LOSERS are so ungrateful *-) ........

I've had my first jab but like many others around my age group I have a lot of doubt regarding the various claims so again, like a lot of sensible people - fancy that me being sensible - I intend respecting the lockdown rules and will be going nowhere until three weeks after my second jab whenever that will be.

No refection on the science, we just don't know as it is all so new but you don't need to be a scientist or a politician to work out the small price of being sensible is worth paying to have a better chance of not catching it.

Meanwhile whatever protection I have now is very gratefully received.

With the benefit of hindsight, the Government have made a lot of mistakes but with the various vaccines they are doing their best - if not for my sake for the sake of the economy longer term.

jumpstart - 2021-02-02 4:22 PM

Unfortunately I've just read that Capt. Tom Moore has died .

Reaching 100 is always a good innings.

Hats Off.

Yes indeed, hats off. It takes a very big man to use and not be tainted by the excesses of the media circus when it calls.

I salute you, and all of your generation wito whom we all owe so much.

Captain Sir Tom Moore RIP.

Tracker - 2021-02-02 4:05 PM

I've had my first jab but like many others around my age group I have a lot of doubt regarding the various claims so again, like a lot of sensible people - fancy that me being sensible - I intend respecting the lockdown rules and will be going nowhere until three weeks after my second jab whenever that will be.

No refection on the science, we just don't know as it is all so new but you don't need to be a scientist or a politician to work out the small price of being sensible is worth paying to have a better chance of not catching it.

Meanwhile whatever protection I have now is very gratefully received.

With the benefit of hindsight, the Government have made a lot of mistakes but with the various vaccines they are doing their best - if not for my sake for the sake of the economy longer term.

Rich. They have had nothing to do with the Vaccines and so far its been the only success story. The Nhs are rolling it out and distributing it and it is going well. Imagine if they had handed it to one of their cronies to spaff a few billion off the top like they did with the tragically failed Track and Trace, PPE, failed apps. They are a complete shamble of spivs.

pelmetman - 2021-02-02 4:00 PM

MAY ;-) ............

Seems to me "May" can hardly be called evidence........Unless you're a miserable LOSER trying to do anything to piss on Boris's successful role out of the vaccine *-) ..........

BTW how much has the EU spent on trying to save their citizens lives compared to Boris? >:-) .......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9214625/AstraZeneca-Covid-19-vaccine-not-recommended-65s-Sweden.html?login#readerCommentsCommand-message-field

"The UK committed £1.67billion on Covid vaccines before it was known whether they would be effective - more than the £1.57billion the EU put forward for its 448million people, with Britain spending £25.00 per capita compared to £3.51 for Brussels."

I'm glad Boris thinks I'm worth a lot more than £3.51 B-) ..........

It's just a shame you pathetic LOSERS are so ungrateful *-) ........

The evidence seems pretty conclusive to me based on the tests run.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-delaying-second-dose-of-pfizer-jab-may-leave-elderly-at-risk-new-study-suggests-12206375

One things for sure, Johnson wont care. Its a bonus to him to kill off a few more thousand codgers. I notice Daddy Johnson got both his injections within the three week time frame.

Barryd999 - 2021-02-02 12:54 PM

Plus you are not "Vaccinated" until you have completed the course of two doses. The government took its own decision to go against the medical guidelines issued by the vaccine producers and extend the vaccination process to three months. The consequences of this decision remain to be seen. They say its to give more people a chance but lets face it, its really so they can boast about numbers but you are not vaccinated until you have both doses.

So far we have done about half a million i gather. So in terms of complete vaccinations we are not top of the leaderboard. You also have to question what then happens in March when the 12 week experiment by the government requires the second doses to be administered. They will need to stop or slow down the delivery of the first dose or just not bother with completing the vaccination process. 8-)

Look up vaccination and learn what it means any dictionary will do.

Tracker - 2021-02-02 4:34 PM

Hats Off.

Yes indeed, hats off. It takes a very big man to use and not be tainted by the excesses of the media circus when it calls.

Off topic but this was my favourite dedication to him done by a Norfolk based artist after he did his fundraising walk for the NHS and before he was knighted.

822888778_CaptainTom.JPG.0bc8d32525cba773ec753d6c71258e7e.JPG

Hats Off.

What about those who donated the £30 odd million in return for his walking round his garden?

John52 - 2021-02-02 7:47 PM

the Government have made a lot of mistakes

Was giving £billions of our money to their cronies a mistake?

Do you know any different tunes or are you too stuck in your own alternatove workd?

May I respectfully suggest that if you are so opposed to the Tory party you stand for parliament as an 'alternative' mp?

Tracker - 2021-02-02 8:16 PM

John52 - 2021-02-02 7:47 PM

the Government have made a lot of mistakes

Was giving £billions of our money to their cronies a mistake?

Do you know any different tunes or are you too stuck in your own alternatove workd?

May I respectfully suggest that if you are so opposed to the Tory party you stand for parliament as an 'alternative' mp?

Is this your idea of friendly banter? Sounds a bit nasty to me, just because you use the word "respectfully" doesn't change the message.

John52 - 2021-02-02 7:43 PM

Hats Off.

What about those who donated the £30 odd million in return for his walking round his garden?

What about them?

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-02 8:36 PM

Is this your idea of friendly banter? Sounds a bit nasty to me, just because you use the word "respectfully" doesn't change the message.

I do have to wonder, it was not sent to you so why are you objecting?

In the short while you have been on here some of your messageshave been none too friendly.

Pot calling kettle black comes to mind.

jumpstart - 2021-02-02 8:48 PM

John52 - 2021-02-02 7:43 PM

What about them?

Perhaps some of 'em want a refund - John would know - he is an expert on these things!!

teflon2 - 2021-02-02 6:50 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-02-02 12:54 PM

Look up vaccination and learn what it means any dictionary will do.

I dont need to. In order to be "Vaccinated" you need two shots of the Vaccine. you have had a vaccine "shot" after one dose of the treatment. You are fully vaccinated after two. So after one jab you are not vaccinated.

Archived