The Strawberry Fools...playing 06DEC08

Rocles

If anyone's in or around Teddington, UK, this Saturday, you could come and see me make a real Fool of myself :-D

See -

http://www.strawberryfools.co.uk/

The Strawberry Fools are:

David Claridge

*Les Cotton*

Dick Greener

Peter Rand

Ralph Tonge

They were formed in 2008, after a baptism of fire at two of the Bilston strumalongs and they are the veterans of numerous Strawbs covers on StrawbsWeb

After going off to the countryside (Ralph's parents' place) to get their act together, like all good bands do, they are playing a set at the Strawbs Christmas Party on 6 Dec, after further extensive rehearsals (on 5 Dec).

Details below:

Saturday 6 December 2008

STRAWBS CHRISTMAS PARTY

with the Good Old Boys,

Cousins Cronk and Cutler,

Dave Lambert

the newly-formed Strawberry Fools

and Wychwood

National Physical Laboratory Sports Club, Teddington

Cricket Pavilion

National Physical Laboratory

Teddington

Middlesex

TW11 0LW

Doors: 7.00pm

Showtime: 8.00pm

Price: £12.00 to include buffet

Box Office: 020 8977 6395

This year's theme is "The Blues Brothers"

They're on pretty early, so don't miss 'em. 8-)

Les -

Too far for us to come I'm afraid, and I'm gigging myself next Saturday here on the Costa Blanca, but good luck, best wishes and "Break A Leg" mate!

And to anyone who could get there to see him, please go along and support Live Music!

Cheers,

Bruce.

Thanks Bruce,

so, playing a Tribute to Strawbs, playing their songs, me playing Bass, with most of The Strawbs watching us, including the great Bassman Chas Cronk AND Nick Simper Ex-Deep Purple Bass Player, and being followed on the Bill by my Guitar Heroes (and great friends) Dave Lambert and Dave Cousins...no pressure there then 8-) 8-)

Les

Not for me Les, but wish you well and hope you get the the support your efforts deserve.

Just a little bit off thread but something that I would like to mention. Up until lately we had live musicians/ singers /comics twice a week at our local. Nothing to write home about maybe, but this sort of venue, along with church/village halls etc. were the sort of places a lot of entertainers used as their first step in making public appearances and furthering their careers.

Sadly this has now become a thing of the past. The cost of getting a music licence, and meeting the conditions laid down, has meant our pub, like so many other possible venues, simply could not afford it, and this has left these places with no other option than to stop offering live entertainment which is a sad loss to both the acts and customers alike leaving future entertainers with nowhere to perform.

Archived