The TC01^EX

Guest TC01

I’m carrying out an experiment (the TC01 experiment) hereafter referred to as the (TC01^EX).

The (TC01^EX) is a social psychology study that endeavours to determine if there could ever be a topic in the chatterbox forum that absolutely no one would ever respond to. My initial observations suggest that there is no such topic, but I have to stress that these are early observations and a lot more research needs to be carried out in the lab.

I’ll report the full results of my research later in this thread.

I have to say you cheer me up no end

;-) At first I thought silly sod and I hold up my hands to it.

Now and for a while I have found you really funny perhaps others could learn not to take it so serious sometime (lol)

In saying that I will get a big telling off for encourging you as it's so I have been told, be about M/H Caravan's Camping.

Please report back your findings .

;-)

starspirit - 2007-01-10 10:30 PM

Who needs a topic?

Oh yes I remember topic.

TOPIC - a hazelnut in every bite

Here,s a topic for you Richard. Many years ago i,m sure I read that Pembrokeshire was the only county in the U.K. that did not have traffic lights. Was this the case, and is it still so. Howard.

After extrapolating the data of the known responses to topics in the chatterbox forum and estimating the numbers of people that didn’t respond in writing but did respond by another method, I am now able to publish the results of my research.

(TC01^EX) = Results

There is a 99.7% probability that any topic will be responded to in the form of a written response.

There is a 0.2% probability that if a post is not responded to in writing, someone, somewhere, will respond by vocalising abuse at their monitor.

There is a 0.1% probability that if a post is not responded to in writing, someone, somewhere, will respond via the medium of mime.

(TC01^EX) = Conclusion:

No matter how inanely ridiculous the topic may be, there is a 100% probability that the topic will be responded to by someone.

That's a very interesting extrapolation of the results TC. might I ask on what basis the claim that people respond by "vocalising abuse at their monitor" is made?

As for the percentage of responses directly I suggest you look at the caravan forum of this site as there are several postings there which have not received a written reply, some from as far back as October.

An intersting experiment indeed but I put it to you that your results are based largely on conjecture rather than hard scientifically collected data.

D. >:-)

Dave, I’m sure you are aware, in order for one to arrive at an estimate of unknown values; one has to first determine a range of variations and parameters. In this particular instance I subtracted the 99.7% probability value from the overall 100% value, I then dissected a rabbit and calculated the position of the Moon in relation in relation to Neptune, this calculation gave me the 0.2% probability factor.

I appreciate and accept what you say regarding the caravan forum, however, the (TC01^EX) was based on the data collated from the chatterbox forum only, and was never intended to reflect response values of the board as a whole, indeed such a calculation would need to take account of the positions of most of the planets within the solar system and cause untold suffering to many rabbits.

I assure you that the data collection process and subsequent calculations were carried out using accepted scientific principles and with the minimum of suffering caused to the animals used.

This thread is not a true candidate for the study, because the true nature of the study could only be understood by the participants by contributing to the thread.  The next step, if we are serious about this (and it seems we are!!), would be to create a single new thread titled A Study, having no body of text.  Leave it there and see what happens.

Dave, I first calculated the constants of proportionality and then I calculated the surface area of the forum page (taking into account the vertical x horizontal volume of my monitor) and divided it into one inch square dimensional units,

Dimensional computations including constants of proportionality:

(Y/* + Xc = r = 99.7%)

Your own study has borne out the validity of the (TC01^EX), I now trust that you will acknowledge my competence in implementing such complex research.

Archived