The UK is Not Innocent??

StuartO

This slogan has been prominent recently and got me thinking about who the accusation is addressed to - is to UK whites (as part of the Black Lives Matter movement) because who else in UK should be the accused? Is someone accusing me, and of what? Otherwise how can a whole Country (of people, I assume) be accused of being guilty of something?

There are associated slogans such as "Your Silence is Violence" or, more specifically, "White Silence is Violence" and "All Lives don't matter until Black Lives Matter"

How do I come into this? Am I being accused personally? Am I getting something wrong simply because I'm not immediately joining in with this protest? Am I not allowed to listen and then decide for myself whether to support or vote for something in our democracy?

And for example is Lewis Hamilton right to try to coerce other F1 drivers (who are all white) to join his knee-on-the-grid BLM campaign because he feels strongly about it and believes others should? If he feels as strongly as that should we not be able to question the rationale of his personal commitment - and also his financial support (as a multimillionaire) to the BLM movement?

If the cause is so pressing and so important as a moral necessity, is it only white people, or at least some of us white people, who are getting it wrong?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
StuartO - 2020-11-21 11:15 AM

This slogan has been prominent recently and got me thinking about who the accusation is addressed to - is to UK whites (as part of the Black Lives Matter movement) because who else in UK should be the accused? Is someone accusing me, and of what? Otherwise how can a whole Country (of people, I assume) be accused of being guilty of something?

There are associated slogans such as "Your Silence is Violence" or, more specifically, "White Silence is Violence" and "All Lives don't matter until Black Lives Matter"

How do I come into this? Am I being accused personally? Am I getting something wrong simply because I'm not immediately joining in with this protest? Am I not allowed to listen and then decide for myself whether to support or vote for something in our democracy?

And for example is Lewis Hamilton right to try to coerce other F1 drivers (who are all white) to join his knee-on-the-grid BLM campaign because he feels strongly about it and believes others should? If he feels as strongly as that should we not be able to question the rationale of his personal commitment - and also his financial support (as a multimillionaire) to the BLM movement?

If the cause is so pressing and so important as a moral necessity, is it only white people, or at least some of us white people, who are getting it wrong?

Cant say I've seen it? ;-) ........

But it doesn't surprise me *-) .......

No doubt its being promulgated by the usual suspects straight out of Lefty Finishing school......aka university :-| ...........

Frankly I'm starting to think the voting age should be raised to 30 :D .......

Coz the Young & Dumb seem to be taking a lot longer to mature nowadays *-) ......

I blame their parents >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-11-21 4:54 PM

Not sure a like sport being politicised.

Say's the bloke who believes anything anti Israel *-) ........

BTW where did your anti Israel bias come from? ;-) ........

Do you have kids with a degree? :-| .......

pelmetman - 2020-11-21 5:22 PM

Not just Israel.

Where did your Israeli bias come from.

What's Israel got to do with Hamilton politicising sport?

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-11-21 5:43 PM

Not just Israel.

Perhaps my bias comes from actually going there in the 70's ;-) .......

There was something strangely attractive in a bit of hot femail totty in a uniform with a machine gun :D ......

Then over the years I realised as I grew older and wiser, I knew why she was carrying a gun and was prepared to defend her country :-| .......

Would You defend your country?......

Just askin?

pelmetman - 2020-11-21 5:59 PM

Not just Israel.

There was something strangely attractive in a bit of hot femail totty in a uniform with a machine gun :D ......

Then over the years I realised as I grew older and wiser, I knew why she was carrying a gun and was prepared to defend her country :-| .......

Just askin?

Against Israel ...yes.

Haven't seen the slogan, and a web search drew no hits. I find it impossible to understand life from the standpoint of people who face prejudice because of their looks.

But, if your point is to argue that the UK is innocent, then I think you have quite a challenge, whether it be the slaughter by Cromwell at Drogheda, our dominant involvement in the slave trade, the putting down of the Scottish clans, or any other of a number of actions we'd prefer not to talk about.

We are, as are all nations, a series of accidents of history, some good, some bad. We tend, I think unhealthily, only to celebrate our victories and achievements, among which are some truly liberating and life- enhancing gifts to humanity, at the expense of our less noble and at times highly destructive past acts.

So, we are being challenged over our past actions as imperialists and slave owners and traders by some of those who still suffer the consequences of our past actions. We are being "encouraged" to take responsibility of the impact of our actions (think Windrush, think no blacks, no Irish, no dogs!) on those who are still disadvantaged in numerous ways by our present attitudes, and by the hangover of our historic actions, and to begin to put right the present inequalities they suffer.

It is bound to be a "difficult" conversation, and those promoting it don't always do themselves many favours by the way they conduct it. But it is IMO time the wrongs were righted - for our mutual benefit. They are trying to put a "worm" into all our heads, to make us think about the circumstances that brought them here, and the way we still too often treat them today. They live here, but they are too often reminded that they are, despite having lived here in some cases (as families) for several hundred years, not a part of "us".

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-11-21 6:15 PM

pelmetman - 2020-11-21 5:59 PM

Not just Israel.

Just askin?

Against Israel ...yes.

How about Iran? ;-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-11-21 6:16 PM

Haven't seen the slogan, and a web search drew no hits. I find it impossible to understand life from the standpoint of people who face prejudice because of their looks.

But, if your point is to argue that the UK is innocent, then I think you have quite a challenge, whether it be the slaughter by Cromwell at Drogheda, our dominant involvement in the slave trade, the putting down of the Scottish clans, or any other of a number of actions we'd prefer not to talk about.

We are, as are all nations, a series of accidents of history, some good, some bad. We tend, I think unhealthily, only to celebrate our victories and achievements, among which are some truly liberating and life- enhancing gifts to humanity, at the expense of our less noble and at times highly destructive past acts.

So, we are being challenged over our past actions as imperialists and slave owners and traders by some of those who still suffer the consequences of our past actions. We are being "encouraged" to take responsibility of the impact of our actions (think Windrush, think no blacks, no Irish, no dogs!) on those who are still disadvantaged in numerous ways by our present attitudes, and by the hangover of our historic actions, and to begin to put right the present inequalities they suffer.

It is bound to be a "difficult" conversation, and those promoting it don't always do themselves many favours by the way they conduct it. But it is IMO time the wrongs were righted - for our mutual benefit. They are trying to put a "worm" into all our heads, to make us think about the circumstances that brought them here, and the way we still too often treat them today. They live here, but they are too often reminded that they are, despite having lived here in some cases (as families) for several hundred years, not a part of "us".

There's nothing difficult about defending our country from those who would USE HISTORY against us *-) .......

Unless you're on their side? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-11-21 6:23 PM

There's nothing difficult about defending our country from those who would USE HISTORY against us *-) .......

Yes like the Israeli's.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-11-21 6:35 PM

Yes like the Israeli's.

Oh dear Dumbfart *-) .......You really have become a one trick poney ;-) .......

So which of your clever clog sprogs convinced you it's all the Israeli's fault? :-| ........

Just curious........

pelmetman - 2020-11-21 6:23 PM......................There's nothing difficult about defending our country from those who would USE HISTORY against us *-) .......

Probably a pointless question, but who is "our" and who is "their". Do I detect racial prejudice here? Just askin'! :-D

But then, what on earth does "use history against us" mean? If history is fact, how can it be "used against us"? It can't be denied, can it? Is your comfort zone being disrupted, or are you just being challenged to think too much? How's the itching? :-D

pelmetman - 2020-11-21 6:42 PM

Yes like the Israeli's.

Oh dear Dumbfart *-) .......You really have become a one trick poney ;-) .......

So which of your clever clog sprogs convinced you it's all the Israeli's fault? :-| ........

Just curious........

Hey...just answered your question...not my fault you don't like the answer.

jumpstart - 2020-11-21 7:02 PM

Yes like the Israeli's.

Just curious........

FLM ... Female Lives Matter

Guest pelmetman

Yes like the Israeli's.

Just curious........

Com'on Dumbfart you're a building surveyor ;-) .........

It's not like you've been around much :-| ......

So where has your hatred of Israel come from (?) ........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-11-21 7:01 PM

pelmetman - 2020-11-21 6:42 PM.....................Oh dear Dumbfart *-) .......You really have become a one trick poney ;-) .......

Just curious........

Why are you spelling pony in French? Just curious! :-D

My mistake ;-) ........

I forgot I was dealing with a old pedantic Loser Nag :D ........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-11-21 6:59 PM

pelmetman - 2020-11-21 6:23 PM......................There's nothing difficult about defending our country from those who would USE HISTORY against us *-) .......

Probably a pointless question, but who is "our" and who is "their". Do I detect racial prejudice here? Just askin'! :-D

But then, what on earth does "use history against us" mean? If history is fact, how can it be "used against us"? It can't be denied, can it? Is your comfort zone being disrupted, or are you just being challenged to think too much? How's the itching? :-D

Don't tell me you haven't noticed how the rabid Marxist left are rewriting OUR history to suit THEIR agenda? *-) ........

You LOSERS really are a desperate bunch 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-11-21 7:08 PM

Yes like the Israeli's.

Just curious........

I don't hate Israeli's any more or less than Muslims or Sikhs.

I condem Israeli bully tactics with the Palestinian's,who are just trying to defend themselves.

The Israeli's only have themselves to blame for the worldwide condemnation of their illegal activities.

The UK and France caused this problem,they didn't look at the consequences.

jumpstart - 2020-11-21 8:23 PM

pelmetman - 2020-11-21 7:08 PM

Yes like the Israeli's.

Just curious........

I don't hate Israeli's any more or less than Muslims or Sihks.

Whats a "Sihks"

pelmetman - 2020-11-21 8:16 PM

Don't tell me you haven't noticed how the rabid Marxist left are rewriting OUR history to suit THEIR agenda? *-) ........

We've known about the Marxists for some time, and the Communists and Leninists as they're all Brexiters. I've lost count of the number of times i've had to keep reminding you. *-)

https://www.cpbml.org.uk/leave

1127070812_PARASITEMANSBREXITPALS.JPG.eb6539f1f7975572df84986bba2ec35a.JPG

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-11-21 8:32 PM

We've known about the Marxists for some time, and the Communists and Leninists as they're all Brexiters. I've lost count of the number of times i've had to keep reminding you. *-)

Snigger.......You really are Dumbf*ck aintcha Bullet Liar (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

https://www.communistparty.org.uk/?s=brexit

Isn't time you stopped Liying? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-11-21 8:41 PM

Snigger.......You really are Dumbf*ck aintcha Bullet Liar (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

The Dumbfcuk is you Parasite Pinocchio.

The CPB party emerged from a dispute between Eurocommunists and Marxist-Leninists in the Communist Party of Great Britain in 1988.

Communists, Marxists and Leninists support Brexit. It's very clearly stated; https://www.cpbml.org.uk/leave

You don't like seeing it because you equate Communism with hard left wing and cannot think outside your tiny little blinkered box.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-11-21 9:04 PM

pelmetman - 2020-11-21 8:41 PM

The Dumbfcuk is you Parasite Pinocchio.

The CPB party emerged from a dispute between Eurocommunists and Marxist-Leninists in the Communist Party of Great Britain in 1988.

Communists, Marxists and Leninists support Brexit. It's very clearly stated; https://www.cpbml.org.uk/leave

You don't like seeing it because you equate Communism with hard left wing and cannot think outside your tiny little blinkered box.

Fancy you knowing about the ins and outs of UK Communists?.........Comrade (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Archived