The WHO

Hans

Still too early yet imo, I think we still need to be on guard.

My hairdresser phoned me yesterday to cancel an appointment as she's tested positive despite being fully jabbed and with booster. She caught it from her daughter who brought it home from school where it's running rampant.

New Zealand has gone into lockdown.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60100369

Bulletguy - 2022-01-24 2:38 PM

Still too early yet imo, I think we still need to be on guard.

My hairdresser phoned me yesterday to cancel an appointment as she's tested positive despite being fully jabbed and with booster. She caught it from her daughter who brought it home from school where it's running rampant.

New Zealand has gone into lockdown.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60100369

What joy it must be to have a PM who says this after cancelling her wedding

"I am no different to, dare I say it, thousands of other New Zealanders who have had much more devastating impacts felt by the pandemic, the most gutting of which is the inability to be with a loved one sometimes when they are gravely ill," she said.

"That will far, far outstrip any sadness I experience,"

A PM who truly puts the best interests and safety of her citizens first. The polar opposite of what we have here where our PM and government do the exact opposite, where corruption is off the scale and where they hold illegal parties while hundreds are dying alone without even their loved ones being allowed to be with them.

Hans - 2022-01-24 2:02 PM

Said that thePandemic will end very soon.

They said it might end soon for Europe due to Omicron, lets hope it does, but with it still going around the world what's to stop another variant cropping up to cause problems.

Not according to their most recent press conference

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019

And they certainly are wary of the current mixed messages given out by some governments that Omicron is the beginning of the end.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/media-resources/science-in-5/episode-64---why-are-experts-concerned-about-omicron

Guest pelmetman

The Squad dont want the Pandemic to end :-| ...........

Coz it's means they'll have to find something eles to blame Boris/Tories/Brexit for *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2022-01-25 8:39 AM

Coz it's means they'll have to find something eles to blame Boris/Tories/Brexit for *-) ..........

What a ridiculous thing to say. Not everyone is as twisted as you and your Tory Kipper friends. Some of us lost family and close friends in this horrendous pandemic. Why do you think so many are so angry with the way the Johnson government have handled it and worse how they spat on the graves of all those who lost their lives while they broke the rules partying away and spaffing money to their Tory chums?

None of that is going away, pandemic or not.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2022-01-25 8:48 AM

What a ridiculous thing to say. Not everyone is as twisted as you and your Tory Kipper friends. Some of us lost family and close friends in this horrendous pandemic. Why do you think so many are so angry with the way the Johnson government have handled it and worse how they spat on the graves of all those who lost their lives while they broke the rules partying away and spaffing money to their Tory chums?

"Why do you think so many are so angry with the way the Johnson government have handled it and worse how they spat on the graves of all those who lost their lives"

Evidence? :-| .........

Nah dont bother.........We all know your a LIAR *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2022-01-25 9:05 AM

"Why do you think so many are so angry with the way the Johnson government have handled it and worse how they spat on the graves of all those who lost their lives"

Typical moronic response. When called out for posting something despicable you firstly and bizarrely ask for "Evidence" and then do your usual response when your pants are pulled down of simply throwing another insult as if the first one wasn't bad enough. I do wonder what you require Evidence of though. That people are angry? Well yes they are, that much is obvious. Evidence that the Tories broke the law and spat on the graves of all that died? Well they have admitted it. Evidence that they handled the pandemic badly? You have to be joking! Except its not funny.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2022-01-25 10:04 AM

Typical moronic response. When called out for posting something despicable you firstly and bizarrely ask for "Evidence" and then do your usual response when your pants are pulled down of simply throwing another insult as if the first one wasn't bad enough. I do wonder what you require Evidence of though. That people are angry? Well yes they are, that much is obvious. Evidence that the Tories broke the law and spat on the graves of all that died? Well they have admitted it. Evidence that they handled the pandemic badly? You have to be joking! Except its not funny.

Typical response ..........From one of the forums nastiest LOSERS *-) ........

So I'll ask you the same question I just asked Colin....... "Has Italy, Belgium, Poland or any of the 19 European countries with a worse death rate handled the pandemic better or worse than Boris???" :-| .......

Guest pelmetman
pelmetman - 2022-01-26 9:38 AM

So I'll ask you the same question I just asked Colin....... "Has Italy, Belgium, Poland or any of the 19 European countries with a worse death rate handled the pandemic better or worse than Boris???" :-| .......

Well have they? :-| ........

All of them handled it better. Just about every country in the world handled it better than we did because you are not comparing like for like. You seem to continuously ignore that we are an island nation and we had advance warning of what was happening in Europe. You also seem to conveniently ignore just what a devastating effect that had on us throughout 2020 and the early part of 2021. We had all the advantages and threw them away because of Johnson and his cronies. Tens of thousands or maybe a hundred thousand+ lives could have been saved if it were not for the incompetence and downright corruption at the highest level of government. We actually could have had the least worst death rate in Europe with perhaps the exception of Iceland but not only did we have the worst, we on several occasions had the worst in the world, not just Europe. Imagine if the NHS and the vaccine producers had not come to our rescue where we would be now.

You call me nasty yet you are a bitter and twisted little man who supports a totally corrupt regime that kills people, lots of people. You like Johnson care nothing for others, only yourself. I can see why you admire him so much. Go take a look at yourself in the mirror.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2022-01-26 11:43 AM

All of them handled it better. Just about every country in the world handled it better than we did because you are not comparing like for like. You seem to continuously ignore that we are an island nation and we had advance warning of what was happening in Europe. You also seem to conveniently ignore just what a devastating effect that had on us throughout 2020 and the early part of 2021. We had all the advantages and threw them away because of Johnson and his cronies. Tens of thousands or maybe a hundred thousand+ lives could have been saved if it were not for the incompetence and downright corruption at the highest level of government. We actually could have had the least worst death rate in Europe with perhaps the exception of Iceland but not only did we have the worst, we on several occasions had the worst in the world, not just Europe. Imagine if the NHS and the vaccine producers had not come to our rescue where we would be now.

You call me nasty yet you are a bitter and twisted little man who supports a totally corrupt regime that kills people, lots of people. You like Johnson care nothing for others, only yourself. I can see why you admire him so much. Go take a look at yourself in the mirror.

You just cant help LYING can you *-) ........

Even in your first sentence you state that we're an Island nation.......Wrong we're a Island with 3 nations on it :-| ..........

You really are a perfect example of how NASTY people become after they've been infected by the Remoanervirus 8-) .........

I'm glad I'm immune >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2022-01-26 2:11 PM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-26 11:43 AM

You just cant help LYING can you *-) ........

Even in your first sentence you state that we're an Island nation.......Wrong we're a Island with 3 nations on it :-| ..........

You really are a perfect example of how NASTY people become after they've been infected by the Remoanervirus 8-) .........

I'm glad I'm immune >:-) .........

Insults and being "nasty" is your Domain Pelmet. Im just giving you a taste of your own medicine. There are no lies in my post by the way but its pointless trying to teach you anything.

Barryd999 - 2022-01-26 2:35 PM

Insults and being "nasty" is your Domain Pelmet. Im just giving you a taste of your own medicine.

here are no lies in my post by the way but its pointless trying to teach you anything.

Daves problem is that he has to rely on insulting people, and changing the subject, because he is unable to argue his case.

The bigger problem he's got is that even his insults are pathetic.

:-D

malc d - 2022-01-26 2:45 PM

Insults and being "nasty" is your Domain Pelmet. Im just giving you a taste of your own medicine.

here are no lies in my post by the way but its pointless trying to teach you anything.

Daves problem is that he has to rely on insulting people, and changing the subject, because he is unable to argue his case.

Totally agree Malc and typical Pelmet he berates Barry demanding an answer to HIS question.......yet totally ignores questions put to him by other fm's.

Bulletguy - 2022-01-26 3:34 PM

malc d - 2022-01-26 2:45 PM

Totally agree Malc and typical Pelmet he berates Barry demanding an answer to HIS question.......yet totally ignores questions put to him by other fm's.

The obsessive attraction he has for Johnson may be because they are so alike in never answering a straight question with a straight answer.

Maybe they are distantly related ?

..............................So I'll ask you the same question I just asked Colin....... "Has Italy, Belgium, Poland or any of the 19 European countries with a worse death rate handled the pandemic better or worse than Boris???" :-| .......

According to the latest (i.e. today's) Worldometers figures, there are actually 12 EU countries with higher death rates per 1M pop due to Covid than the UK.

They are, in descending order, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovakia, Romania, Lithuania, Slovenia, Poland, Latvia, Belgium, and Italy.

The rate for the UK is currently shown as 2,260 deaths/1M pop. That for Poland is 2,763, Belgium is 2,474, and Italy 2,400. The remaining 15 EU countries have death rates /1M pop lower than the UK. So, taking the EU as a whole, the UK rates above the mid point, and is also above the average for the EU countries (2,185 deaths/1M pop).

If the average is used, then the UK drops to ne place with Greece (2,209 deaths/1M pop) moving up by one place. So, in terms of the performance of the UK against all member countries, at today's rates, the UK is just above average. Hardly a stellar performance, is it, for the 5th wealthiest country in the world?

Because I know Dave is especially interested in them, France is next lowest at 1,977 deaths/1M pop, and Germany is down in 21st place with 1,399 deaths/1M pop. (Note to Dave, 1st is highest/worst, (Bulgaria: 4,787deaths/1M pop) and 27th is lowest/best, (Finland: 341 deaths/1M pop)).

In terms of nominal GDP, using 2021 figures, Germany ranks 4th in the world, UK 5th, France 7th, Italy 8th, Spain 14th, Netherlands 18th, Poland 23rd, Sweden 24th, Belgium 25th, Ireland 27th, Austria 28th, Denmark 35th, Finland 45th, Romania 46th, Czech Republic 48th, Portugal 49th, Greece 52nd, Hungary 56th, Slovakia 61st, Luxemburg 67th, Bulgaria 71st, Croatia 79th, Lithuania 80th, Slovenia 82nd, Latvia 92nd, Estonia 99th, Cyprus 106th, and Malta 129th.

So, the UK, for all its relative wealth, and the considerable advantages of a sophisticated healthcare system, early development of vaccine, early and rapid adoption of vaccination, and early adoption of "booster" vaccination, only manages a death rate/1M pop, which is middling when compared to the 26 EU states. Why should that be? None of the EU states had our vaccine and vaccination advantages, only one had greater wealth (and performed better), while 15 of the other, less wealthy, states performed better.

Given its advantages, one would expect he UK to be right up among the best performing states, and yet, it is not. How to explain that? Bad luck, poor management, or what?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2022-01-26 6:54 PM

..............................So I'll ask you the same question I just asked Colin....... "Has Italy, Belgium, Poland or any of the 19 European countries with a worse death rate handled the pandemic better or worse than Boris???" :-| .......

According to the latest (i.e. today's) Worldometers figures, there are actually 12 EU countries with higher death rates per 1M pop due to Covid than the UK.

They are, in descending order, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovakia, Romania, Lithuania, Slovenia, Poland, Latvia, Belgium, and Italy.

The rate for the UK is currently shown as 2,260 deaths/1M pop. That for Poland is 2,763, Belgium is 2,474, and Italy 2,400. The remaining 15 EU countries have death rates /1M pop lower than the UK. So, taking the EU as a whole, the UK rates above the mid point, and is also above the average for the EU countries (2,185 deaths/1M pop).

If the average is used, then the UK drops to ne place with Greece (2,209 deaths/1M pop) moving up by one place. So, in terms of the performance of the UK against all member countries, at today's rates, the UK is just above average. Hardly a stellar performance, is it, for the 5th wealthiest country in the world?

Because I know Dave is especially interested in them, France is next lowest at 1,977 deaths/1M pop, and Germany is down in 21st place with 1,399 deaths/1M pop. (Note to Dave, 1st is highest/worst, (Bulgaria: 4,787deaths/1M pop) and 27th is lowest/best, (Finland: 341 deaths/1M pop)).

In terms of nominal GDP, using 2021 figures, Germany ranks 4th in the world, UK 5th, France 7th, Italy 8th, Spain 14th, Netherlands 18th, Poland 23rd, Sweden 24th, Belgium 25th, Ireland 27th, Austria 28th, Denmark 35th, Finland 45th, Romania 46th, Czech Republic 48th, Portugal 49th, Greece 52nd, Hungary 56th, Slovakia 61st, Luxemburg 67th, Bulgaria 71st, Croatia 79th, Lithuania 80th, Slovenia 82nd, Latvia 92nd, Estonia 99th, Cyprus 106th, and Malta 129th.

So, the UK, for all its relative wealth, and the considerable advantages of a sophisticated healthcare system, early development of vaccine, early and rapid adoption of vaccination, and early adoption of "booster" vaccination, only manages a death rate/1M pop, which is middling when compared to the 26 EU states. Why should that be? None of the EU states had our vaccine and vaccination advantages, only one had greater wealth (and performed better), while 15 of the other, less wealthy, states performed better.

Given its advantages, one would expect he UK to be right up among the best performing states, and yet, it is not. How to explain that? Bad luck, poor management, or what?

I see you're another who has ignored the word "EUROPEAN" *-) .........

Obviously you are another suffering from LONG Remoanervirus >:-) .......

(lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2022-01-26 7:12 PM

Obviously you are another suffering from LONG Remoanervirus >:-) .......

(lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Brian answered your question in detail.

That you've been unable to answer his or provide any form of counter debate shows you've been WELL AND TRULY SKEWERED.............LOSER!!!!

Carry on digging.......LOSER!!!

Guest pelmetman

Just to annoy the Bullsh1t Chimp above ;-) .......

Given France's advantages of a large country relative to population compared to the UK .......Why are they having half a million infections a day? 8-) ........

Given its advantages.......just how the F*CK have they managed that???? >:-) ......

To add and quote you ;-) ......."How to explain that? Bad luck, poor management, or what?"

(?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) ...........

pelmetman - 2022-01-26 8:03 PM

Given France's advantages of a large country relative to population compared to the UK .......Why are they having half a million infections a day? 8-) ........

Given its advantages.......just how the F*CK have they managed that???? >:-) ......

France should follow the UK example and stop testing.

Makes your numbers better.

We know! Because our numbers have plummeted since we stopped confirmatory nationally recorded PCR tests

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-26 8:05 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-26 8:03 PM

France should follow the UK example and stop testing.

Makes your numbers better.

We know! Because our numbers have plummeted since we stopped confirmatory nationally recorded PCR tests

That must be why they have 3760 serious critical patients and we have 575 :-| .............

Worra twerp *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2022-01-26 7:12 PM...............................

Obviously you are another suffering from LONG Remoanervirus >:-) ................

Don't know what you're laughing about, Dave.

If you want to compare the UK with the whole of Europe, instead of the just EU (as defined on Worldometers), be my guest. (lol)

It comes in at 20 out of 47, so still above the mid point (remembering that the higher the place, the worse the performance). So worse rather than better - and just look at some of those we beat! It's hardly a fair comparison, is it? But still, any port in a storm, eh? Ah, well, perhaps not that port! Hard a-starboard - and mind those bloody rocks! (lol) (lol)

So, given all our advantages, why are we bumping along in the mediocre middle? And why are you accepting that as proving the UK handled the pandemic better than all the others?

Q Since when did coming third in a five horse race equal winning?

A According to Dave, when Boris was the jockey! (lol)

Ye Gods, is there no end to this stupidity? Mind, he's got half his Tory mates agreeing with him, and he thinks they're all clever! (lol) (lol) (lol)

Archived