The biggest risk to your health

Will86

Watching TV.

There have been many medical explanations on various ailments but none apply to the cause which is the television.

The way the body is designed is that messages to the brain's storage system have to pass through several stages such as seeing, feeling and hearing, each has a separate duty to perform. Television with its instant messaging process by-passes these routes by instant storage. Therefore the memory system is failing to function as it was designed.

This causes the brain's electrical route to miss-function, therefore unbalancing other parts of the brain which trigger electrical abnormalities arising in the increase of other mal-functions.

Trust me I'm a Doctor. (A Doctor of common sense). Don't believe me? 100 years into the future it will be revealed as the cause of major illnesses and health deterioration.

The cure ... throw your TV away and absorb life in a steady manner as it was designed.

Will 86

Will86 - 2016-05-21 2:35 PM

OK but neither are justified comments. Dying is the result of not understanding the risk and not being born is outside the risk assessment factor.

Not quite.

Dying often has no relationship to knowing the risk factor as all too often you cannot affect the risk factor and if it happens randomly when it happens then risk factor is irrelevant.

Even if you do know the risk factor of say air or road crashes would it make you avoid those forms of transport - then drown when when your ship sinks?

Even if you know risk factors of disease genetically and environmrntally would it make you change your lifestyle even if it is not guaranteed to reduce the risk - only to die of something totally unexpected?

Being born does not take any decision on your part but sometimes parents think that it would be good to perpetuate the family line in the hope that the offspring will do better than they will.

If you are not born that is the only point at which there is no risk!

After that it is up to you, but at least you have the choice. Would you rather not?

I am no phylosopher but if you want to get involved in theorising then surely all related views have their place?

Some years ago I had two spells in your country of 3 months each on my own, no personal transport just bus and plane. Two memories remain. 1. The Ettamoga Pub, I visited 2, one between Melbourne and Canberra, the other above Brisbane. 2. Pumpkin soup and the different varieties of goods in markets. I also had a few weeks in Tas & NZ. One of the missed memories was a day with a water postman around Sydney Harbour, he was unwell on the vital day I was free.

A truly wonderful time with cycling friends in many parts.

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2016-05-22 12:11 PM

The biggest risk to your health ? .... Turks and Albanians if we stay in the EU

Around here its drunk Eastern European drivers *-) ......

Another week and another risk ... Believing health authorities..

Yesterday's propaganda stated that fatty foods are good for you and that cholesterol has many facets most of which are good for the body. Butter especially is good.

Do you really know what all this fat free 'Spread Material' is made from? Oil and other harmful ingredients.

Some types of Rape Seed oil are dangerous. To the consumer its simply one oil and should be avoided.

'Organic' the biggest folly of all time and its still believed, how daft can people be.

The simple facts are that by reducing sugar and salt we will buy more sugary sweets and salty crisps. Our body needs them.

I refuse to eat meat that has no fat and the fattier the bacon the better I like it. Never ill and eat most things.

My body tells me what I need !!

Most people are gullible so when ill its a fault of there own.

I reached my 88th year by simple common sense, ignoring everything I was told was good for me.

Looking forward to the 98th

Will

Will86 - 2016-05-23 10:05 AM

Norman Wisdom loved the Albanians[/quote

This a common "misquote", it was the Albanians who loved him, the little man battling against authority.

Another show business "misquote" is Benny Hill chasing young women at the end of his TV show. It was the women who chased him! Don't believe me? watch a clip.

Is getting paranoid and worrying about things over which you have absolutelty no control.

Applying sensible common sense as we walk life's footpath is one thing but getting stressed out needlessly is not a route that I would choose.

Chill out Will - live longer!

We can now buy "organic" spring water! What makes it "organic" according to the bottler it is because the ground above the spring area is not treated with chemicals even though the spring is some 30 Mtrs below ground level. Must be good for you if it is "organic"!

Will have a look at this link it may bring back a memory.

http://riverboatpostman.com.au/
Cheers,

I might suggest a theme ... that doesn't mean I'm part of or involved in what is written. Its a way for me to pass a few moments in between spells of making objects in my workshop.

I simply avoid all hassle from any source and a reminder that I'm aiming for 120 years.

If you think Organic is just a joke then you have been brainwashed by 'big bussiness'. I'm not evangelical about it, but I've seen the problems that farm chemicals can cause on a personnel level, and you don't need to be very intelligent to realise that dumping thousands of tons of poisens onto crops has side effects.

At this momment Monsanto are fighting to retain the right to sell Roundup in the EU, they have been caught out lying about test results, or I should say hiding the bad test results and only submitting test results favable to their product.

colin - 2016-05-27 10:15 PM

If you think Organic is just a joke then you have been brainwashed by 'big bussiness'. I'm not evangelical about it, but I've seen the problems that farm chemicals can cause on a personnel level, and you don't need to be very intelligent to realise that dumping thousands of tons of poisens onto crops has side effects.

At this momment Monsanto are fighting to retain the right to sell Roundup in the EU, they have been caught out lying about test results, or I should say hiding the bad test results and only submitting test results favable to their product.

Yes I do think the 'Organic' term is all a joke, a plant will take up what it needs whether by dry chemicals or wet manure, its all the same 'chemical' only in different forms. Unfortunately we are all guinea pigs in the food situation, being fed by products and additives that we have no control over.

Will86 - 2016-05-29 10:01 AM

colin - 2016-05-27 10:15 PM

Yes I do think the 'Organic' term is all a joke, a plant will take up what it needs whether by dry chemicals or wet manure, its all the same 'chemical' only in different forms. Unfortunately we are all guinea pigs in the food situation, being fed by products and additives that we have no control over.

Not quite an 'epic failure' but you're getting there :D

There is no outright ban on using chemical fertilisers, although it is against the general principals.

As I posted above, i'm not evangelical about organic, but the movement has had some good effects, we now use a whole different range of chemicals with many of the earlier dangerous ones banned after coming under the scrutiny of the organic movement.

Here in the east we have large areas of 'factory' farming which usualy involves monoculture, this is begining to create some problems, you will see on a increasing frequency fields being 'sprayed off' in the growing season to kill all plants on the field, this is in responce to such things as black grass which thrives in the monoculture grain fields but is controlled in more traditional growing.

Archived