The civilized world

donna miller

The following scene took place on a BA flight between Johannesburg and London . This is a true story.

A White woman, about 50 years old, was seated next to a Black man. Obviously disturbed by this, she called the air Hostess.

"Madam, what is the matter," the Hostess asked.

"You obviously do not see it then?" she responded. "You placed me next to a Black man. I do not agree to sit next to someone from such a repugnant group. Give me an alternative seat."

"Be calm please, the Hostess replied. "Almost all the seats on this flight are taken. I will go to see if another seat is available."

The Hostess went away and came back a few minutes later.

"Madam, just as I thought, there are no other available seats in Economy class. I spoke to the Captain and he informed me that there are also no seats in the Business class. All the same, we still have one seat in First class."

Before the woman could reply, the Hostess continued: "It is unusual for our company to permit someone from Economy class to sit in First class. However, given the circumstances, the Captain feels that it would be scandalous to make someone sit next to someone so disgusting.

" She turned to the Black man and said, "Therefore, Sir, if you would like to, please collect your hand luggage, a seat awaits you in First class."

At that moment, the other passengers who were shocked by what they had just witnessed stood up and applauded.

If you are against Racism, please send this message to all your friends. Please do not delete it without sending it to at least one person.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
donna miller - 2008-08-13 9:17 PM

soarer - 2008-08-13 4:51 PM

tosh urban myth you need to get out more ;-)

What, like you you mean ? >:-( ,

Oh,and whilst you're out, get a comma button for your keyboard. They look like this ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And that is without even trying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Mel B - 2008-08-13 9:36 PM Donna .... you must remember to be nice to the lesser beings on here! (lol) ;-)

This is a typical example of a forum regular siding with one of her little gang against someone who isn't in the clique. It's no wonder this section of this forum is on the slide and has to rely more and more on silly word games.

As for soarer - he is right. This story is an Internet-spread urban myth that I first received many years ago.

It also ill-behoves the poster to criticise soarer's grammar. He may not use commas but she seems to be unaware of what constitutes a proper noun. I've never seen so many superfluous capital letters in such a short piece!

Two things here to consider:

Gang up on people who aren't in your little clique and you'll lose evn more contributors.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

RupertGS - 2008-08-13 10:30 PMThis is a typical example of a forum regular siding with one of her little gang against someone who isn't in the clique. It's no wonder this section of this forum is on the slide and has to rely more and more on silly word games.

As for soarer - he is right. This story is an Internet-spread urban myth that I first received many years ago.

It also ill-behoves the poster to criticise soarer's grammar. He may not use commas but she seems to be unaware of what constitutes a proper noun. I've never seen so many superfluous capital letters in such a short piece!

Gang up on people who aren't in your little clique and you'll lose evn more contributors.

Oh dear, another one's started. *-) Lets go through your post Rupert and put you right on a few things.Firstly, I'll let you into a secret, there is no clique, never has been, and no intentions ever of forming one, just a group of like minded people who have more to discuss in life than clutch judder, smelly toilets, leaky rooflights and beam benders.Secondly, by jumping in and defending Soarer like that, you have displayed exactly the same action you have accused Mel B of taking at the beginning of your post. Maybe it's us that are not in your clique, "people in glass houses", yes indeed.Thirdly, Yes we all knew it was a internet myth, thank you very much, but well done for pointing it out to us stupid people who may have thought it was real. *-) Ref my grammer and "so many superflous capital letters", if you look through my posts, you will find capital letters used for names, when I refer to myself as I, and at the start of a sentence , nowhere else, perhaps you meant the original post, sorry chuck, that was copied and pasted, nowt to do with me.Now, Rupert, nobody is forcing you to read the chatterbox section, if you find it to your dislike, then you will have more time to stay over on the "motorhome Matters" section, where I'm sure you'll find lots of more intellegent, interesting people who have no desire to play silly word games.Finally, Soarer has made 10 posts in nearly 2 years, his tone in this instance hardly endeared him to others on here, did it ?. How does he expect to get in the gang acting like that. >:-)

RupertGS - 2008-08-13 10:30 PMTwo things here to consider:

Hi Rupert, You'll note I've deleted most of your post. Reading it once was enough. With regard to the clique as you call them, if not wanting little S, Stirrers on here is being in a clique, then I'll join. B-) Mick H.

donna miller - 2008-08-14 8:24 AM
RupertGS - 2008-08-13 10:30 PM This is a typical example of a forum regular siding with one of her little gang against someone who isn't in the clique. It's no wonder this section of this forum is on the slide and has to rely more and more on silly word games.

Oh dear, another one's started. *-) Lets go through your post Rupert and put you right on a few things. Firstly, I'll let you into a secret, there is no clique, never has been, and no intentions ever of forming one, just a group of like minded people who have more to discuss in life than clutch judder, smelly toilets, leaky rooflights and beam benders. Secondly, by jumping in and defending Soarer like that, you have displayed exactly the same action you have accused Mel B of taking at the beginning of your post. Maybe it's us that are not in your clique, "people in glass houses", yes indeed. Thirdly, Yes we all knew it was a internet myth, thank you very much, but well done for pointing it out to us stupid people who may have thought it was real. *-) Ref my grammer and "so many superflous capital letters", if you look through my posts, you will find capital letters used for names, when I refer to myself as I, and at the start of a sentence , nowhere else, perhaps you meant the original post, sorry chuck, that was copied and pasted, nowt to do with me. Now, Rupert, nobody is forcing you to read the chatterbox section, if you find it to your dislike, then you will have more time to stay over on the "motorhome Matters" section, where I'm sure you'll find lots of more intellegent, interesting people who have no desire to play silly word games. Finally, Soarer has made 10 posts in nearly 2 years, his tone in this instance hardly endeared him to others on here, did it ?. How does he expect to get in the gang acting like that. >:-)

Oh dear! What a strange and illogical person you appear to be!

First of all you claim that you know that this story is an Internet myth. If that's the case why did you start the post with "This is a true story"?

The truth is that you didn't know and that, looking foolish, you are now backtracking.

As for me acting in the same way as Mel B, I simply pointed out that soarer was right. If you think that that equates with calling him one of the "lesser beings" on this forum, just because his life doesn't revolve around it with hundreds of posts every month, then I feel sorry for you! You're obviously not quite as bright as you think you are.

You then attack his grammar after you yourself had posted an article full of errors. This you say isn't your fault because you simply cut and pasted it! Well, that's all right then! If I were posting an article in my name, I'd have the brains to check it out. You can edit them you know!

This will be my final word on this subject. When I'm debating I much prefer it to be with people who can argue logically.

Mick H. - 2008-08-14 9:22 AM

Hi Rupert, You'll note I've deleted most of your post. Reading it once was enough. With regard to the clique as you call them, if not wanting little S, Stirrers on here is being in a clique, then I'll join. B-) Mick H.

I'm sorry Mick H but I've read some of your posts and I'm just not interested in arguing with someone of your level of intelligence, there's no fun in it I'm afraid.

Goodbye.

You said you were not going to say any more, and then post again and again.

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, and you've said that I'm not as clever as I think.

Give it up now, before you lose face completely.

Oh, and trying to butter Peter up and rally support, over on the other thread, hahahahahahaha,

asshole.png.9ca958a857a43f69748c7c35d7c14542.png

RupertGS - 2008-08-14 10:47 AM

I'm sorry Mick H but I've read some of your posts and I'm just not interested in arguing with someone of your level of intelligence, there's no fun in it I'm afraid.

Goodbye.

There are times when 'goodbye' can be one of the saddest words in the English language Rupert. 'Until we meet again' would have been much nicer.

RupertGS - 2008-08-14 10:47 AM

Goodbye.

Au revoir, Bon giorno, Gutantag, Arrivadecci,And in my native tongue ..............Nah I wont say that.

donna miller - 2008-08-13 4:01 PM

The following scene took place on a BA flight between Johannesburg and London . This is a true story.

A White woman, about 50 years old, was seated next to a Black man. Obviously disturbed by this, she called the air Hostess.

"Madam, what is the matter," the Hostess asked.

"You obviously do not see it then?" she responded. "You placed me next to a Black man. I do not agree to sit next to someone from such a repugnant group. Give me an alternative seat."

"Be calm please, the Hostess replied. "Almost all the seats on this flight are taken. I will go to see if another seat is available."

The Hostess went away and came back a few minutes later.

"Madam, just as I thought, there are no other available seats in Economy class. I spoke to the Captain and he informed me that there are also no seats in the Business class. All the same, we still have one seat in First class."

Before the woman could reply, the Hostess continued: "It is unusual for our company to permit someone from Economy class to sit in First class. However, given the circumstances, the Captain feels that it would be scandalous to make someone sit next to someone so disgusting.

" She turned to the Black man and said, "Therefore, Sir, if you would like to, please collect your hand luggage, a seat awaits you in First class."

At that moment, the other passengers who were shocked by what they had just witnessed stood up and applauded.

If you are against Racism, please send this message to all your friends. Please do not delete it without sending it to at least one person.

And now here,s something that really is true (todays Daily Mail ).

A black airline passenger has won £4000 compensation after bringing a racism claim against a security firm which stopped him three times before letting him board his flight.

Cedric Stewart, 45, said he was 'humiliated' when workers at Bristol International Airport twice unpacked his bags in front of other passengers. He believes he was singled out as the only non-white passenger on the Continental Airlines flight to New York in September 2006.

Sadly its back to the real world.

Amazing isn't it? Donna Miller never posts anything on here that is not either rubbish or having a pop at some MAN or other. Just when you think she's gone away, up she pops again. As Gordon Ramsey would say "Dig Ding here we go round f****** two". (lol) :D

I was starting to get bored with Chatterbox, but at least Donna can be relied on to liven it up a bit. :D

Mel B - 2008-08-13 9:36 PM

Donna .... you must remember to be nice to the lesser beings on here! (lol) ;-)

I've reproduced this because obviously Rupert didn't want to see the smilies ... ie meant to be FUNNY!!!!!

Rupert - I don't know why you seem to like to have a go at some people on here, but if you want to have a pop at me, be my guest but please get your facts right first and don't stir things up just for the sake of it.

By the way, Rupert, ... I sold the canoe .... on ebay for a nice sum you'll be pleased, or maybe not, to hear! I didn't think for one minute that anyone on here would buy it and I was right, thought by putting the link on to my web-ad, which I had prepared for eBay, would give you all a giggle at some of the photos ... but as usual you had to be petty and try to get one over on me.

I'm sure that I, and many others, would like to thank you sooooooooo much for crying to the mods and having them remove lots of people's web links because you decided to have a little hissy-fit.

Off to find a more interesting posting now ... bye-bye Rupert!

What the hell are you talking about woman? Canoes? eBay? I haven't the faintest idea what you're rambling on about. As for running to the Mods I've never ever contacted them. I think that you're confusing me with someone else.

When it comes to getting facts right I think that you should do likewise.

Archived