The day is almost upon us.

davenewellhome

That would be the day of my annual Christmas pub crawl of course :D . Tomorrow I, my two daughters, my son and a couple of friends will set off at about 11.45 am to embark on the fourth annual Dave Newell Xmas pub crawl! We aim to start at the six bells in Madeley then head down Coalport road to the Pheasant closely followed by the All Nations. Then its a half mile hike down into the gorge to the Brewery before heading back towards Ironbridge via the Shakespear, the Boat, the Half Moon (not sure if these last three are open though :-( ). Then its along Jackfield to the Black Swan (AKA the Mucky Duck) and over the free bridge to the Robin Hood. Next is the Bird in Hand and then down into Ironbridge itself and the Tontine Hotel. May pop over the ridge to the Station for a quick one before continuing down the Wharfage with the White Hart, and then the Malt house. The Swan is the last one by the river before we climb the heights of Lincoln Hill to the White Horse.

Should be a good day out :D :D :D

D.

Dave,

16 Pubs in, say, 12 hours! That's 45 minutes per pint!

Has anyone started a sweepstake on how far round you'll get?

Anyway, have a damn good day out. I assume you're not working Saturday?

Me, I'm off into Birmingham to meet the OH when She finishes at lunchtime (I finished last Friday!).

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year to all Forum users.

Keith.

I'll try to get some photos but they may get blurry towards the end :D . Sadly I have to try and restrain myself somewhat this year as I have a cruise control to fit on Saturday morning :-( 8-) so maybe we will stick to just one pint in each pub this year :D . There is of course a fair amount of excercise involved as we will walk about 2.5 miles and that is down into the Ironrdige gorge and back up at the end. Hopefully it will help to kick this horrible coold into touch ;-) .

D.

In edit: Dohh, I didn't realise this PC was logged in as the Mrs, i usually avoid masquerading as a woman till much later in the day :D :D

How rude pretending to be me, looking at your spelling dear think you have already started practising, and I thought you were at work spraying......;lmao

At least they are saying its going to be dry tomorrow, so you wont get wet, at least on the outside.... :-D :-D :-D

J9withdogs - 2008-12-18 6:17 PM

I will partaking of a dram or three round some of the 23 pubs within staggering distance of home, and, as it's Friday, there will be live music in at least 5 of them.

Might meet you in the middle one day, Dave.

Happy daze. :D

Nice thought Janine but half way between us is fields I think :-S Maybe one day.............................

D.

I reckon it's not that Dave has moved near to pubs.

Pubs have moved near to Dave.

'Tis for a similar reason that I am expecting a new Bailey's bottling plant to spring up on the Costa Blanca before long.......

These businesses know where their best sales are :-D

and despite his best efforts he hasn't drunk any of them dry yet......

Gaz I'm with you. they will manage to get round them all no prob, me I am a wimp and wont be joining them, although I do like a drink now and then a pub crawl just doesn't appeal.

So I will be staying home with the dog, the Lizard and the girls mad little staffie, I was going to say bliss, but it could be hectic, so I may take pictures when they eventually stumble home, could be a new section for our web site.....lol *-) :$

Jacqui ... Lizard ...? What's all that about ... not a second husband surely!!! (lol)

I've never seen the appeal with a pub crawl either, but then again I don't drink (well extremely rarely and extremely well diluted if I do!), so I've no wish to see others get er ... what's the technical term ... ah yes "rat ar*ed"!

I can just see you now Jacqui, cuddled up on the sofa with the litte dog snoozing away on your knee, glass of wine in one hand, chocolates in the other, watching a nice film on the telly ... unless of course Dave didn't get that cruise finished in which case you'll be there doing it instead! :->

How's Dex???

Oooo forgot to say ... I read in the latest MMM that Dave's got a new toy in the workshop ... an 8 tonne lift ... surely he can life the cans of beer on his own with out this??

Hi Mel

the Lizard is our sons its only a few months old and have had strict instructions about turning viv down and putting him to bed (the lizard not Dave) hes a bearded dragon and kinda cute,

No he has never had a problem lifting beer cans, but it has helped a lot in the workshop.

Well they all set off about 11.30, Dave rang about 6.30 they had arrived at the White Horse which Gaz will remember well or if he doesn't Julie will. He was having fun but was dissappointed that some of the pubs on this years route were closed.

As for me a dog either side and a nice cup of tea, but am supposed to be wrapping pressies.......

davenewell@home - 2008-12-19 9:43 PM WE'RE HOME!!!!!! Yes I'm sh17faced and this is taking an inordinate amount of time to trype but we had a great time. Sadly out of the first ten pus we tried to visit six were not open. I ask you, on what should be the busiest day of their year who can afford to keep their doors closed? D.

Dave, your tryping is fine - i'm more worried about the 6 pus that were closed.....

Archived