The journey's mishaps

Geof  Angi

Hi all, and Angie and I hope that you are still all very well and enjoying the summer.

Well here are sum little mishaps that occured on our journey, if only I had been aleart and calm enough to have taken pix of them all LOL

In actual fact apart from the ground flooding in a storm on Saturday 21/06/09 at Camping Plitka Vala on the Island of Murter (seperated from the mainland by a bridge 8mtr's long) south of Zadar we had a trouble free time until Mon 22nd. We had decided that we would head towards France where the sun was shining as the weather forcast was for bad weather and storms for the next 7 days. On getting ready in the morning I managed to push the bottom out of the vanity sink in the bathroom, not just the waste pipe but the sink it's self. Problem 2 was the same day, on stopping for lunch at the Slevenian/Italian border we had no gas supply despite the fact that it was a new 6klg bottle, so i connected to the new nottle with the same effect, no gas. Lemonade was on the menu then instead of a nice cuppa. We left the auto strada about 2 hours later in the search for a camp site, we spotted one straight away but decided that as it was only 1/2 past 2 we would wait until the next 1. 3 hours later and on a main SS route we had still not come across another, but we did find a motor home dealer who went out of his way to take us to get the gas repaired and guess what, yep, when the fitter checked it, it was working. Number 3 in the journey and on the same day, cracks started appearing in the towing coupling on the trailer.And number 4 was found the next day when arriving at a camp site in the south of France. On opening the trailer to remove the barbie, I discovered that I had failed to turn off the petrol on the bike in my rush to get it put away in the storm at the weekend. Do my woe's end there, well for about 9 days. When whilst reversing off of the level ramps, the front nearside tipped up and caught under the bumper ripping it away on one corner. Now nearly there, we are parked up at an aire "Gurgy" around 5 klicks north of Auxerre when getting out of the bus to take a photo of the river we were parked next 2 I dropped my camera and the LED viewing screen became a maze LOL (repaire shop says beyond economicable repair) what else can go wrong, well I will tell you. On the trip from Gurgy to Calais I managed to crush the lighting socket on the trailer, but at least the cracks in the towing bracket had not got any worse.

And the next thred will be the good times, and there were plenty

Geof

816455910_spain-croatia06-09118.jpg.6b11f5319f6d4321f6a45359d06e0c29.jpg

Reminds me of the cat that was blind in one eye, had half an ear missing after fight, lost a leg in gintrap, nabours dog bit off half his tail, had a big burn where lump of coal fell out of fireplace, 'lucky' I think his name was. :D

Archived