The rule of 6.

jumpstart

No gatherings of more than 6.

Two families of 4 meeting at the shops is mingling.

I’ve just cycled to Padstow to do the coast path....it was heaving . There were queues outside every bakery,pub,cafe,restaurant of at least 20 people each time.

Everyone was mingling. No way are they going to police that.

Same this afternoon in Southwold - the place was full of people. The kids are back in school but now it’s families with pre-school kids and elderly couples. They were mostly making some effort at social distancing so it could have been worse but we wouldn’t go again without sufficient special reason.

Had a 50 mile ride through the Dales down all the back roads today on the scooter. Stunning weather, flip flops and shorts, hardly a soul in sight. Reeth and Richmond were busy but not like they were a couple of months back.

If a place is packed it doesnt mean they are breaking the rules if they didnt all come together to meet up. Are the rules mainly for indoor things? Must admit Im not up to speed. Now we are home its just our rules again which is pretty much keep away from everyone.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-15 5:41 PM

Had a 50 mile ride through the Dales down all the back roads today on the scooter. Stunning weather, flip flops and shorts, hardly a soul in sight. Reeth and Richmond were busy but not like they were a couple of months back.

If a place is packed it doesnt mean they are breaking the rules if they didnt all come together to meet up. Are the rules mainly for indoor things? Must admit Im not up to speed. Now we are home its just our rules again which is pretty much keep away from everyone.

Sounds lovely, thick fog on the coast path,could hear the sea but couldn’t see it.

According to Priti , mingling is if more than 6 people bump into each other . Padstow was like Wembley on cup final day. I thought not being August is would be quieter......Wrong.

The site I’m at is practically empty, £16 per night has mashing machines ,excellent showers and NO dogs.

Open all year, in the woods in a valley near Bodmin.

Archived