The sacrifices some people make

Violet1956

The GP who bought our house from us earlier this year rang me today to see how we were getting on as he knows my OH is in a vulnerable group. He said we could contact him at any time if we needed advice. Bless him for thinking of us. His wife had a baby in February and they have two other young children. She was living with her parents and he with his parents until all the things they needed to do to the house were completed. The lockdown came putting a stop to much of the works. He doesn’t visit his wife and children because her parents are in the at-risk category. Brought it home to me not just how hard some NHS staff have to work but the sacrifices they and their family have to make. Oh, and he happens to be a Muslim.

Birdbrain - 2020-04-22 5:52 PM

What a strange post ... A nice story ruined by finding it necessary to tell us his religion for some obscene reason ... What the fellas religion has to do with it God knows ... Ive had enough

At last Antony you get it. His religion is a poor indicator of his moral behaviour. He’s a good man that takes the best tenets of his faith and acts upon them. He doesn’t have to account for the behaviour of other followers who pick and choose those tenets which suit their immorality.

Violet1956 - 2020-04-22 6:12 PM

What a strange post ... A nice story ruined by finding it necessary to tell us his religion for some obscene reason ... What the fellas religion has to do with it God knows ... Ive had enough

At last Antony you get it. His religion is a poor indicator of his moral behaviour. He’s a good man that takes the best tenets of his faith and acts upon them. He doesn’t have to account for the behaviour of other followers who pick and choose those tenets which suit their immorality.

Veronica with respect and I know you want me removed from this forum as you said so the other day so I prolly aint your favourite person on here but you sold your house to him thats all and you know nothing of his life story wether hes Muslim or not ... You have tried to portray the good deed of a fella as a good deed because he is Muslim where it should just have been a good deed and a great story ... I care not that he is Muslim/Jewish/Christian and you shouldn't care either but I guess that was your intention with the post , to make issue with his religion ... Sad

That says so much about you as a individual - none of it good.

Tracker - 2020-04-22 6:40 PM

I think you will find there was a hook in there and birdbrain bit. (Naughty Verionica)

You of course can tell us what his good deed has to do with his religion ???

teflon2 - 2020-04-22 6:43 PM

I think you will find there was a hook in there and birdbrain bit. (Naughty Verionica)

If the hook was using religion as bait then Veronica needs to take a long hard look at herself ... She's proved to be a maggot

Barryd999 - 2020-04-22 6:51 PM

Thats nothing. There was a Gay, one armed Bongo worshiping black roofer from Huddersfield emailing me this morning with some offer for some late night adults only Skype channel. Very kind I thought but not for me. 8-)

Is he/she a Muslim though ??? ... Maybe thats sumat Veronica does when selling houses , first asks their religion ... I must have sold 10-12 houses but must admit I dont know the religion of any that bought from me ... Maybe its a chick thing

Tracker - 2020-04-22 5:20 PM

From what I have seen and read the Muslim community are proving to be a huge asset to this country in so many ways.

Very much so. From the many healthcare workers to those delivering food to the elderly and vulnerable.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/we-need-your-help-muslim-18014138

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/18362146.inter-faith-initiative-helps-vulnerable-elderly-people-amid-lockdown/

https://www.thestar.co.uk/health/coronavirus/mosques-and-churches-join-forces-help-elderly-and-disabled-sheffield-2520270

Imagine being so sad you have to single out one religions response to China Virus over others ... Shouldn't we just salute anyone who helps of any religion or colour without mentioning either of those things ... The haters on here who so want to do the 'right PC thing' so do the wrong thing ... Hate aint so priti

Barryd999 - 2020-04-22 6:51 PM

Thats nothing. There was a Gay, one armed Bongo worshiping black roofer from Huddersfield emailing me this morning with some offer for some late night adults only Skype channel. Very kind I thought but not for me. 8-)

(lol)

Violet1956 - 2020-04-22 8:38 PM

Exactly Antony, imagine being so sad as to single out a person’s religion as determinative of their morality.

Imagine starting a thread on the good deed of a fella whose religion/colour/sexual orientation should be totally irrelevant , a good deed that saw him checking up on the health of a vulnerable person only to turn the post and the good deed into some silly kind of race baiting point ... Lordy

Because some of the religious nutcases who commit atrocities claim to be muslims - it shows proper muslims are not like that.

The sacrifices some people make...... oh but not University Chancellors . Oxford uni vice chancellor put staff on furlough ...but keeps £452k per year package. Similar stories from other uni’s.

Universities have asked the government for £2 by public fund bailout. So far it has fallen on deaf ears in the treasury,thank god.

John52 - 2020-04-23 8:16 AM

Because some of the religious nutcases who commit atrocities claim to be muslims - it shows proper muslims are not like that.

Shouldn't it just be there are a lot of nutcases who commit atrocities - it shows proper folk are not like that ???

John52 - 2020-04-23 8:11 AM

Don't even know he's a roofer. Said he's married, then said he has never been married, so how can you believe anything else he says.

Has he got so many internet profiles he forgets which one he's supposed to be?

Jeez are you still on your married or not obsession with me ... You'll be hunting out my address and spying on my activity on the other forum I go on soon just like BG ... Listen , try let it sink in ... I aint married and never have been but thanks for the concern Peter/James/John

Birdbrain - 2020-04-23 9:07 AM

Don't even know he's a roofer. Said he's married, then said he has never been married, so how can you believe anything else he says.

Jeez are you still on your married or not obsession with me ...

As you well know its not about whether you have been married or not.

You said you were married, then you said you never have been married.

I couldn't care less which is right, just that they can't both be right so you have proved yourself a liar.

John52 - 2020-04-23 9:47 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-04-23 9:07 AM

Jeez are you still on your married or not obsession with me ...

As you well know its not about whether you have been married or not.

You said you were married, then you said you never have been married.

I couldn't care less which is right, just that they can't both be right so you have proved yourself a liar.

When did I say I was married ???

Birdbrain - 2020-04-23 6:32 AM

Violet1956 - 2020-04-22 8:38 PM

Exactly Antony, imagine being so sad as to single out a person’s religion as determinative of their morality.

Imagine starting a thread on the good deed of a fella whose religion/colour/sexual orientation should be totally irrelevant , a good deed that saw him checking up on the health of a vulnerable person only to turn the post and the good deed into some silly kind of race baiting point ... Lordy

You are the only poster who saw mentioning the Muslim GP who bought Veronicas house as "race baiting" and given your known hatred of Muslims your reaction was expected.

Archived