The swill of the purple!

Barryd999

Sorry, will of the people! I presume everybody watched the Channel 4 Brexit debate last night and observed the independent and impartial Survation poll / Survey results.

If not, its here as well as all the results below.

https://www.channel4.com/news/major-new-brexit-poll-shows-voters-swinging-towards-remain

What I found interesting about the Survation poll was the massive amounts of "Don't knows" across most of the questions. I think it backs up what I have been saying for some time that a lot of people are disengaged and just not Brexit Savvy. A second vote would "perhaps" get their attention. Whether they would fall for the Vote Leave lies all over again I really dont know. I suspect Farage etc. would big up and play the Betrayal card "Going against the will of the people" and such bollox. However its as clear as day. Brexit is not the will of the people. They say 54% to 46% is not a clear majority yet an even smaller majority way back in 2016 was enough to take us out of the EU without us even knowing what that means with no chance to reevaluate before we push the final button. Madness, just sheer fecking madness.

At what point do the government take notice? 60%, 70% in favour of remaining? Jeez! Given that we are about to make the biggest political decision in living memory which is clearly going to be extremely damaging shouldn't we find out for sure if its actually what the public want and save us all a load of grief if it isnt?

No Barry, thankfully I did not watch it as I see no point in worrying about things over which I have no control. I am totally hacked off with biased reporting from all sides and lies made up to suit their wished for outcome.

Nobody knows how it will pan out which is possibly why there were so many don't knows?

The public will always want what the media lead them into thinking they want.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-11-06 11:20 AM

Sorry, will of the people! I presume everybody watched the Channel 4 Brexit debate last night and observed the independent and impartial Survation poll / Survey results.

If not, its here as well as all the results below.

https://www.channel4.com/news/major-new-brexit-poll-shows-voters-swinging-towards-remain

What I found interesting about the Survation poll was the massive amounts of "Don't knows" across most of the questions. I think it backs up what I have been saying for some time that a lot of people are disengaged and just not Brexit Savvy. A second vote would "perhaps" get their attention. Whether they would fall for the Vote Leave lies all over again I really dont know. I suspect Farage etc. would big up and play the Betrayal card "Going against the will of the people" and such bollox. However its as clear as day. Brexit is not the will of the people. They say 54% to 46% is not a clear majority yet an even smaller majority way back in 2016 was enough to take us out of the EU without us even knowing what that means with no chance to reevaluate before we push the final button. Madness, just sheer fecking madness.

At what point do the government take notice? 60%, 70% in favour of remaining? Jeez! Given that we are about to make the biggest political decision in living memory which is clearly going to be extremely damaging shouldn't we find out for sure if its actually what the public want and save us all a load of grief if it isnt?

Just 143 days of Barry Bitching til Brexitmas :D .........

Tracker - 2018-11-06 11:33 AM

No Barry, thankfully I did not watch it as I see no point in worrying about things over which I have no control. I am totally hacked off with biased reporting from all sides and lies made up to suit their wished for outcome.

Nobody knows how it will pan out which is possibly why there were so many don't knows?

The public will always want what the media lead them into thinking they want.

It wasnt biased though Rich, there were plenty of Brexiteers cheering on Farage and the poll was totally independent and pretty much follows the results of the yougov polls.

That gap between leave and remain is only going in one direction if for no other reason than the demographic changing as time passes. Come March next year where ill it be be? 60%, 70% in favour of remain? Unless something magical comes out of Theresas hat I cant see how parliament can avoid chucking it back to the people.

Exactly Barry, in a reverse of tactics, the remoaners media have done a better job of selling the downsides of Brexit since the referendum than the Brexiteers media have of selling the upsides.

And that's all it is - doom mongering because nobody knows how it will pan out and many people are afraid of anything new or different - you only have to look at the number of people who never change their bank or power suppliers to see that!

I'm not saying it will or will not be better or worse for the UK because I too do not know.

Fair comment Rich. I would have thought though with Brexit constantly teetering on the edge, a divided nation who are still not sure and a government and opposition who are the same the Brexiteers would be doing their damnedest to prove so called "Project Fear" wrong but they have pretty much gone to ground. Farage has sparked back up again with the Leave means Leave rally where he managed to get about 1200 sleepy pensioners while in London we saw three quarters of a million people fill up Westminster demanding a second vote.

They want to pull their fingers out then if they dont want this slipping away from them. I would put the odds on a second referendum about 50/50 right now, truth be known six months ago I would have said 25/75 against.

Archived