There is always someone worse off than you.

Randonneur

Purely on the basis of there's always someone worse off than yourself my business neighbour has been diagnosed with terminal liver cancer but he continues to run his business despite being now about six weeks beyond his expected life term. He is quite a positive thinker I reckon 'cos today he flies out to Florida for a seven week break 8-) .

D.

I believe in mind over matter to a certain extent. In Dec 1992 I was diagnosed with Leukaemia and was told there was no cure but there was a treatment and here I am now 16 years later, living in a different country but still with the illness but it doesn't stop me from doing everything I want to do.

To everybody out there with terrible illnesses I would say take each day as a new day and go for it and let nothing stop you.

davenewell@home - 2007-11-24 5:31 PM

Purely on the basis of there's always someone worse off than yourself my business neighbour has been diagnosed with terminal liver cancer but he continues to run his business despite being now about six weeks beyond his expected life term. He is quite a positive thinker I reckon 'cos today he flies out to Florida for a seven week break 8-) .

D.

One way ticket, or return?

Soz Dave - very black humour, but I couldn't resist.

Randonneur - 2007-11-24 7:44 PM

I believe in mind over matter to a certain extent. In Dec 1992 I was diagnosed with Leukaemia and was told there was no cure but there was a treatment and here I am now 16 years later, living in a different country but still with the illness but it doesn't stop me from doing everything I want to do.

To everybody out there with terrible illnesses I would say take each day as a new day and go for it and let nothing stop you.

hats off to you your a brave lady well done

K&D - 2007-11-25 12:21 PM

where abouts are you

We are about 50 miles north of Bordeaux and 30 miles south of Angouleme, in the south charente, a couple of miles from a town called Chalais off the D764 and about 2 miles from the Dordogne border. Our village is called Saint Avit.

On the theme of positive thinking, Ann used to work in the gas showrooms and one day they had an old chap come in to buy a cooker on 10 years credit, He was 97! They let him sign too because his income was sufficient to cover the payments. They breed 'em tough up North!

Archived