There's hope for the world!

ROON

I am sitting here with my feet in a bowl of hot water to stop them bleeding and prevent infection.

I have just pulled up at the traffic lights on the East Lancs Road Windle Island junction (about fifteen lanes meet here in the cross roads - really busy Liverpool to Manchester road) and there in the middle on his own and running about scared and cheeping was a little baby duckling. 8-) Lorries and cars and vans zooming all around him. I jumped out of my van (been driving barefoot) and ran to get him and he was running away from me, then back at me between my legs, then off up the main road again, with me shooing him away from the centre of the cross roads and then trying to catch him again. I was there for about five minutes when I realised that not one car had honked its horn at the mad woman running after a duckling in the road - all of them had stopped barring a couple going towards Liverpool end. I could have been killed along with the little fella. Eventually I shooed him into the field at the side of the road hoping his mum would come for him and the traffic was back on track - overtaking my van parked in the midst of all this chaos.. I got loads of thumbs up and waves (and one silly 'Quack quack') but when you see some of the pillocks who drive up this stretch of road, swigging out of lager bottles as they drive with music blaring it was soooooo nice to think that we all took two minutes to stop and think about that little bit of fluff that was so frightened. Sorry, just a big softy. ;-) with bleeding feet!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I don't know whether to congratulate you for trying to save the duckling or admonish you for doing such a foolhardy thing :-S !! Thank goodness that most of the other drivers stopped and allowed the "mad barefoot woman" :D to run around chasing a little fluffy duckling (lol) .

I think overall I will congratulate you for your services to wildlife, well done you :-> .

D.

Well done Roon,but I'm not sure that driving in bare feet is a good idea.

Comfy, yes - but if you had to slam on your brakes suddenly do you think you would get maximum pressure on the pedal without a firm sole?

Just a thought.

:-|

Best way to drive I only drive with my big toe . You feel everything no heels to slip and the ball of your foot is hard so it works for me even drove the double deckers like it :DEven got 7 y safe driving awards form the Ministry of transport .

michele - 2008-06-07 8:00 PM

Best way to drive I only drive with my big toe . You feel everything no heels to slip and the ball of your foot is hard so it works for me even drove the double deckers like it :DEven got 7 y safe driving awards form the Ministry of transport .

My mistake !

I thought all you ladies had dainty feet.

;-) ;-)

I heard of a case some years ago where a duck was sat in a roadside gutter for two days. Eventually, someone investigated and discovered that the duck was sitting on a drain grating. The duck was moved off and her ducklings were swimming in the drain beneath the grating !

It was surmised that mum had walked across the grating and the ducklings plopped through one by one.

The local fire crew were called out to remove the grating, the ducklings were lifted out and mum led them off in single file to continue their journey.

Bless !

Archived