You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
They enrich us
AuthorMessage
userantony1969
Posted: 22 December 2018 8:21 PM
Subject: They enrich us

The special one

19000 Romanians in the UK have been arrested in the last 4 years ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/840643/Police-arrests-Romanian-figures-crime-wave ... Now I dont know how much time and money thats cost us when taking into account police , courts , prison , victims of their crime has been taken into account but is that a fair return on our generosity ???
userpelmetman
Posted: 26 December 2018 9:54 AM
Subject: RE: They enrich us

Walks with the gods

Brian reckons we can deny them entry .........

Which is complete tosh .........

Right of entry

I was expelled from France some years ago after being convicted there. That was before my
country joined the EU. Could I still be denied entry today?

As an EU citizen, you are free to enter and reside, subject to some conditions, in the other EU
countries. This fundamental right of free movement can be restricted on grounds of public security,
public health and public order.

***However, this restriction must be interpreted strictly, and it is only
on grounds of present and serious threat to public security that you can be forbidden to enter
France or any other country.***

The mere existence of past convictions is not sufficient. If you are
still subject to an exclusion order, you may submit an application for its lifting after a reasonable
period, depending on the circumstances, and in any event after three years after your expulsion, by
putting forward arguments to establish that there has been a material change in the circumstances
which justified your expulsion.

http://ec.europa.eu/citizensrights/front_end/docs/faq.pdf
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator