This IS a real tester of your knowledge

Forester

As most of you know I'm trying to find a front seat for a fiat ducato 1989 camper-van 1971cc as of yet i cannot find ANY-ONE who has got one to sell. Has any of you had the same trouble trying to find something ?.

And when you do manage to find it someone say "i know who stocks them" & has got 2or3 to sell. Well I'm looking for that guy!!!.

chopper/forester/wayne/elthicko. 

[QUOTE]Forester - 2006-11-26 12:33 PM

As most of you know I'm trying to find a front seat for a fiat ducato 1989 camper-van 1971cc as of yet i cannot find ANY-ONE who has got one to sell. Has any of you had the same trouble trying to find something ?.

And when you do manage to find it someone say "i know who stocks them" & has got 2or3 to sell. Well I'm looking for that guy!!!.

chopper/forester/wayne/elthicko. 

[/QUOTE] Have you tried http://www.delfindesigns.co.uk/index.html if they don't have a seat it's about the only thing they haven't got. Don

Hi Forester, I got mine from a breaker's they came out of a Citroen BX19 and with a slight mod to the fixing holes on the Ducato seat boxes they fitted easily. I have had them in for 6 years now (70,000 miles), very comfortable, much better than the originals. Phil.

Hi Wayne. Like Phil i,ve fitted different front seats ,in my case to a pair of transits simply by welding new lugs to the existing subframe to match up with the new ones. I know the one pair came out of a granada with full leather trim, and even though it was a tight fit I ended up with a pair of captains chairs for less than £20. Any breakers yard will get you the seats, and ask your local garage to do the modification and this should be a lot cheaper perhaps than locating and buying the originals. I,m not sure if your front seats are part of the bed make up, but that apart you can more or less take your pick. Howard.

Thanks for the replys, philman I will ask about the citroen seat see if I can get one local.Howard yes it is part of the bed so captains seat is out I'm afraid but good idea to take to a garage to get it fixed . Michele I'm now looking for a lift, can you pick me up? places I have tried are 24/7 spares, defin, disirie, parts gateway who by the way have not even answered my e-mails & knackers yards. Do you know of any more?

the uttermost kindest regards Wayne,lmupo.

I see the connection between you and the knackers yard chopper but don,t give up on the van yet, and while you are there have a look at any fully reclining front seats that may double up as beds. Just posted a message on "motorhome matters" and waiting for Michele to get back to me. Should be interesting. Howard.

There was a van the same as mine on e-bay, so i sent a pm asking how easy is it to get parts there reply way dead easy but I expected that as they have to sell it. I'm going to ring all the scrap yards around Salford today for a seat or a citroen bx19 has anyone got any info on this seat? Doe's it fold down? not too bothered about it being a swivel seat just as long as it folds down to make the bed. 

Wayne

update

I have phoned at least 20 scrao yards re the seat asked about the citroen bx one and thats just as hard to get hold of. My next move is: go to a garage/fabrication works to see if they can fix it.If I have learnt one thing its, find if you can get parts AND WHERE FROM before you buy.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Forrester Try Tony Sugg at Wyvern Motorhomes, they originally started out in the seating side of motorhomes and have now expanded to conversions, and very good they are too! I'm sure they could assist you, their number is 01749 881122 Hope this helps Vixter

All I want for Christmas is my two front seats My two front seats :-> For the last month or two i,ve been dropping hints about how usefull sat nav would be Wayne, but knowing my luck i,ll end up with a compass and the usual socks and underpants. 8-)

Hi Vixter/Howard.

I gave Tony of Wyvern a bell yesterday & YIPPEE  they can and will make me a new seat for around £400 delivered. I have just got my new sat nav=2007 road atlas!!!!!! ah well got my seat at last. Thankyou to ALL that have given me advice & info on the subject of "my seat"

Wayne.

[QUOTE]Vixter - 2006-12-12 9:24 AM After all the help and advice we have been given by forum members, its nice to able to repay the debt and contribute to others needs and requests. Good luck and seasons greetings Vixter and VoH[/QUOTE] Thats true Vikki, and even though these forums gets the odd upset now and then, other users always come up trumps when you really need help and advice. Howard.

Archived