Thought For The Day.

Bazza454

Proud to be British - We know exactly where every untaxed car is located among the millions of car owners in the UK, but we haven't got a clue where thousands of illegal immigrants and terrorists are located.

Maybe Gordon Brown should put the DVLA in charge of immigration!

Bazza454 - 2007-11-07 1:13 PM

Proud to be British - We know exactly where every untaxed car is located among the millions of car owners in the UK, but we haven't got a clue where thousands of illegal immigrants and terrorists are located.

Maybe Gordon Brown should put the DVLA in charge of immigration!

Barry

How about the DVLA joing forces with the TV licence detector service, as they know every house who has'nt got a TV Licence.!!

Should be able to find anything with that kind knowledge.(lol)(lol)

Thai

The illegal immigrants are easy to find.

They are all driving around in cars with registrations in Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Ukraine, Belarus and Russia.

Enough to keep the authorties busy for a time, if they can be bothered to check them out, rather than the legal owners who's tax disc is not on clear display.

If they come to this country soley for benefits then surely we can't call them illegal after all the first thing they are reported to do is sign on?

Would an illegal waste time in doing this ?

So there we have it they sign on but yet we claim they are illegal ?

I'm confused which one is it with all this technology floating around we cant tell whos in our country ? sorry I'm lost

Oh forgot yes they do commit crime BUt then look at the english that commit crime also ? I would like to give them a kick up the backside firstly how can we set an example to others without being a good advocate .

I do agree enough is enough though but until they can tell us how many then howmany is enough 8-)

Wingpete - 2007-11-07 3:16 PM The illegal immigrants are easy to find. They are all driving around in cars with registrations in Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Ukraine, Belarus and Russia. Enough to keep the authorties busy for a time, if they can be bothered to check them out, rather than the legal owners who's tax disc is not on clear display.

Peter

A new scam for you.

Certain people within our society are now running around with PL plates on & have learnt a couple of sentences in Polish. When stopped by the boys in blue, this is their defence.

Only way they could get found out is if they were whisked back to the police station. Then again this will cause extra paperwork, and a waste of time if they really are Polish, with no case against them.

So the young oinks around here get away with again.There's even a very strong rumour doing the rounds up here that there is a gang of them who go back "Home" to buy cars & then drive them back over here to sell them to these oinks.

Well in the Leeds area they do.

Thai

Of course some people abuse any system and they make a few bob selling dodgey cars, but that pales into mist when compared with the millions ripped off with mis-selling endowment insurance and wriggling out of paying sicknes insurance policies etc. And I will bet you any money THEY ain't anything other than pure GB, born, schooled and bred!

Michelesand others are right, thievery doesn't have borders or skin colour.

Thai Bry - 2007-11-07 1:28 PMHow about the DVLA joing forces with the TV licence detector service, as they know every house who has'nt got a TV Licence.!!

Should be able to find anything with that kind knowledge.

That's the answer then, No illegal immigrant will want to go without his telly so they can kill 2 birds with one stone :-D

Guest Le Thou

Scary thought but as you all know we now have Polish immigrants living and working amongst us, I personally don,t have a problem with anyone working for a living, but there is a big problem with the Polish registered cars they are driving.

Question is : how long have they been driving their cars on our roads,chances are they aren't insured or taxed and what happens if they go through a speed trap, where do they send the ticket and importantly what are our boy's in blue doing about this? Nothing!

And whilst I,m having a gripe, what do the police do about these dodgy made up number plates on cars that read anything than the correct number?

I followed a Volvo tonight the had a nearly undecipherable number plate I finally decode it to be 111LVO and with black fixings it read VOLVO, does anyone do anything about these people who blatantly flaunt the law?

Not just Poles of course. It's not difficult to get a French car and use it illegally here either. What chance do speed cameras or the London congestion zone stand then?

And of course there are British people living in France (and I expect Spain?) using their UK registered cars over there illegally as well.

And as for the illegal number plates they wind me up a treat. How can anyone be expected to take the law seriously when people flout it so blatantly and nobody does anything about it? One of my pet hates (along with cars parked on pavements >:-( >:-( >:-( )

So whats new about people driving 'foreign' resgestered of questionable legality?

Back in 70s one of my friends drove a french reg car, whenever stopped he pulled out his french passport and only spoke french, strange as he always spoke perfect english to me, saying that he usualy had a more pronouced acent when chatting up girls.

Also in 70s another friend drove a swiss reg car, whenever pulled up he produced the swiss docs, but no passport as he was english.

Someone I know now drives a car registered to his mother in france, he has had a few visits from police but as an international lawyer he runs rings around them.

And us law abiding british? all around europe you can see GB reg cars without tax discs, bet they are not insured either.

I guess it's much the same as the thousands of British who drive untaxed, un-MOT'd UK registered cars having become immigrants here in Spain then..............

All over the world people will take advantage if they can.....it's not the preserve of immigrants to the UK, when UK people are immigrants into other countries they do it too.......

Archived