To Whoever Rung And Hung Up

Birdbrain

Barryd999 - 2021-01-22 9:48 AM

Call the cops!

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/tackling-nuisance-calls-and-messages/abusive-and-threatening-calls

I Cant believe someone here would be doing it unless some troll has picked up on the thread yesterday. Is this mobile or landline?

Given that pretty much everyone knows that nuisance calls can be traced, together with Chuckles "loose" relationship with the truth I find this whole incident totally implausible.

It is a bit like his response to my joke to Violet drawing parallels with Gerry Adams, the outrage, the victim-hood etc. What is interesting in all these pleas for sympathy is that he has demonstrated that he can write posts in a civilised way without sexual innuendo or threats, or even mentioning hate, perhaps Stuart's campaign has allowed him to see the error of his ways?

I find it so sad that Birdbrain is so self-focused and self-deceptive, in jumpting from one untruthful interpretation to another to serve his blinkered purposes, rather than accepting that he might just need to stop behaving so badly on here towards others and upsetting so many people in the process.

How can he possibly think, as he claimed in his pleading to the moderators thread, that this all started because he had been supporting Trump rather than because he had been behaving so nastily himself, when so many people have now come out to join in and say so? And how can he possibly think anyone's going to be sympathetic just because he's now had a couple of nuisance phone calls? Birdbrain seems to be completely incapable of seeing himself as others do, even though so many are now telling him what they think. Instead he sees himself somehow as the victim.

I don't condone nuisance phone calls or any other direct action against Birdbrain and when I speculated about what people could start doing to him now that we know his real identity I was just winding him up a little - and Barry and Birdbrain are supposed to be into people winding other people up on here aren't they? But when someone abuses the anonymity he has enjoyed on this forum in the way that Birdbrain has, doesn't there come a point at which those who have seen and disapprove (of his shameless abuse of freedom of speech) are entitled to use their own freedom of speech to expose his real identity and evidence of his offensiveness to those who know him personally or are his neighbours in his home town of Huddersfield?

And to prevent things escalating in this way all Birdbrain has been asked to do is moderate his awful behaviour on here. Can he not see that the solution is, and always has been, within his own grasp?

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-22 10:43 AM

Call the cops!

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/tackling-nuisance-calls-and-messages/abusive-and-threatening-calls

I Cant believe someone here would be doing it unless some troll has picked up on the thread yesterday. Is this mobile or landline?

Given that pretty much everyone knows that nuisance calls can be traced, together with Chuckles "loose" relationship with the truth I find this whole incident totally implausible.

It is a bit like his response to my joke to Violet drawing parallels with Gerry Adams, the outrage, the victim-hood etc. What is interesting in all these pleas for sympathy is that he has demonstrated that he can write posts in a civilised way without sexual innuendo or threats, or even mentioning hate, perhaps Stuart's campaign has allowed him to see the error of his ways?

Could be true. Might be Dave Pelmet feeling a bit lonely.

Was the caller Grunting in an incoherent drunken way or muttering stuff about Losers Mr Birdbrain? Lets face it, he is sat in his Greenhouse with nothing to do now apart from drinking Blue Nun and wondering whats going on on OAL.

Call the cops!

Can you think of anyone ( on or off the forum ) that he has upset / insulted or slagged off, within the last couple of years, who might have a grudge ?

;-)

Call the cops!

Thanks for that and the police have already been informed

StuartO - 2021-01-22 12:38 PM

I find it so sad that Birdbrain is so self-focused and self-deceptive, in jumpting from one untruthful interpretation to another to serve his blinkered purposes, rather than accepting that he might just need to stop behaving so badly on here towards others and upsetting so many people in the process.

How can he possibly think, as he claimed in his pleading to the moderators thread, that this all started because he had been supporting Trump rather than because he had been behaving so nastily himself, when so many people have now come out to join in and say so? And how can he possibly think anyone's going to be sympathetic just because he's now had a couple of nuisance phone calls? Birdbrain seems to be completely incapable of seeing himself as others do, even though so many are now telling him what they think. Instead he sees himself somehow as the victim.

He's always played the victim card. That's part of his modus operandi which marks him out. Poke, poke and provoke to get a reaction, then when anyone bites back cries he's 'being bullied'. He thinks the entire forum will come rushing to his aid, stroke his bruised ego and tell him how wonderful he is. But they don't and he cannot understand why he's told how it's all been his own doing and brought it on himself and few have any sympathy for him. It's attention seeking and Antony creates little scenarios like this "phone call" in the middle of the night to continue peddling the story and keeping himself centre of attention. It's common behaviour in young children but you don't expect it from an adult.

The other thread has been removed.

Shamefully its taken a full day to remove the thread but obviously thats too late ... Shamefully it seems that those who run the forum believe its acceptable for another member to post up ones home address details as I have heard nothing back from them ... Shamefully Brian Kirby believes its acceptable for him to post up my details on here and to internet world ... Finding out another members address is really very easy, my address you find if you dig further through my email, anothers address by their given name and the rough location they live in and sealed with a picture of their motorhome up their drive ... We all make mistakes, some mistakes are punished and some are not

StuartO - 2021-01-22 1:53 PM Small mercies that since he started this thread and sounded off with his bit of self-sympathy Bridbrain is unusually quiet today. Would it be too much to hope that his little grey cells are churning away and the penny might just be dropping?

Clealry not, he's still popped up playing the victim card!

malc d - 2021-01-22 1:23 PM

Call the cops!

Can you think of anyone ( on or off the forum ) that he has upset / insulted or slagged off, within the last couple of years, who might have a grudge ?

;-)

I know you are having a laugh but I do think people bear grudges online. I Don't. I see good in everyone me. I know on some forums Ive p*ssed of a few people with my views and some of the things I have said but it goes both ways. I just dont see the point in bearing a grudge over it or remembering what someone said that you disagreed with years ago and holding it against them.

I see it as my civic duty to try and persuade posters like Mr Birdbrain and Dave Pelmet to come across from the Dark Side and adopt a more liberal stance on life, politics and everything really. :-D Its not worked very well so far but Im not giving up.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-22 3:34 PM

I see it as my civic duty to try and persuade posters like Mr Birdbrain and Dave Pelmet to come across from the Dark Side and adopt a more liberal stance on life, politics and everything really. :-D

Its not worked very well so far but Im not giving up.

I'd say it is working about as well as your continuing hope that you can reverse Brexit.

I didn't see Dave as a problem. He tried hard, but failed, to be a Troll, because he had a sense of humour.

;-)

Call the cops!

;-)

I know you are having a laugh but I do think people bear grudges online. I Don't. I see good in everyone me. I know on some forums Ive p*ssed of a few people with my views and some of the things I have said but it goes both ways. I just dont see the point in bearing a grudge over it or remembering what someone said that you disagreed with years ago and holding it against them.

I see it as my civic duty to try and persuade posters like Mr Birdbrain and Dave Pelmet to come across from the Dark Side and adopt a more liberal stance on life, politics and everything really. :-D Its not worked very well so far but Im not giving up.

So this persuation you like to use involves swearing and exchanging insults......blimey......and you think its not worked very well..........

jumpstart - 2021-01-22 4:16 PM

Call the cops!

;-)

So this persuation you like to use involves swearing and exchanging insults......blimey......and you think its not worked very well..........

Do you think I should try a more friendly none swearing and insulting approach then? Never thought of that. Bit boring though innit? (lol)

malc d - 2021-01-22 3:51 PM

I see it as my civic duty to try and persuade posters like Mr Birdbrain and Dave Pelmet to come across from the Dark Side and adopt a more liberal stance on life, politics and everything really. :-D

I'd say it is working about as well as your continuing hope that you can reverse Brexit.

I didn't see Dave as a problem. He tried hard, but failed, to be a Troll, because he had a sense of humour.

;-)

That boat long sailed. Continuing hope? (lol)

Barryd999 - 2021-01-22 4:20 PM

;-)

Well I would say that your hopes of reversing Brexit will be realised LONG before you have any hope of " bringing Antony in from the dark side "

:-|

malc d - 2021-01-22 4:28 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-22 4:20 PM

;-)

Well I would say that your hopes of reversing Brexit will be realised LONG before you have any hope of " bringing Antony in from the dark side "

:-|

Very true.

Time to let it go I think. It has to follow a natural progression now. A bit like Trump and the populist wave in America. The key thing for me now is getting rid of Johnson which unfortunately brings the worry of who he is replaced with. 8-) The entire current ToryKipper party needs putting down and a return to a more moderate sensible party. Its happened in the states so maybe in the next four years it will happen here.

By then I guess we will have more of an idea just what a post Brexit UK under the new Tory party regime really looks like and what its done to the country. My hope is by then enough people will have woken up to the reality of just how s**te both are / were.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-22 5:16 PM

Time to let it go I think. It has to follow a natural progression now. A bit like Trump and the populist wave in America. The key thing for me now is getting rid of Johnson which unfortunately brings the worry of who he is replaced with. 8-) The entire current ToryKipper party needs putting down and a return to a more moderate sensible party. Its happened in the states so maybe in the next four years it will happen here.

By then I guess we will have more of an idea just what a post Brexit UK under the new Tory party regime really looks like and what its done to the country. My hope is by then enough people will have woken up to the reality of just how s**te both are / were.

I hope enough people have survived.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-22 12:42 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-22 10:43 AM

Call the cops!

Could be true. Might be Dave Pelmet feeling a bit lonely.

Was the caller Grunting in an incoherent drunken way or muttering stuff about Losers Mr Birdbrain? Lets face it, he is sat in his Greenhouse with nothing to do now apart from drinking Blue Nun and wondering whats going on on OAL.

Given the time difference between UK and California, I reckon it was Donald phoning to thank him for his undying support over the past 4 years. I expect Donald just forgot about the time difference! :-D

Archived